Thread: Vanmar Racing Announcement

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar

Vanmar Racing Announcement

Hello MRA Members,

We at Vanmar Racing realize that there has been some speculation about our situation and concern if Michelin tire support is going to be available in the MRA for 2011. The start of this year has been an exciting time for us, but we want you to know that we are committed to supporting the MRA at every round in 2011.

As many of you know Mark has taken a job that results in him traveling frequently. His schedule in 2011 may cause him to miss rounds, but he will attend all events that he is in town for. Vanmar has arranged to have expert help available in the paddock at every round, as well as having our regular crew there to make sure that your tire needs are met.

That being said the Michelin Race Tire business is for sale. Vanmar Racing will continue to support racers and riders until the business is sold. If you're interested in being the Michelin Supplier to the MRA please contact us for details.

I'm placing tire orders for the first round in the next few days. If you need tires please contact me and I'll make sure that you are taken care of. Michelin not only has tire offerings to meet your needs and expert support in the paddock, but also they continue to offer the strongest contingency program of any tire manufacturer.

Any questions, please call me. I'm happy to answer them. Our connection with the MRA spans the better part of two decades. The MRA is ingrained in our lives. Going racing with you isn't just a part of what we do, it's a part of who we are. We look forward to seeing you all at the first race and a fantastic 2011.

Mark, Tammy and Katie Schellinger
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Thanks guys for gettin in the tires for the 250's in time!

I've always been a "slick" guy and not so much interested in the DOT's.... but since we ONLY allow DOT's in the 250 class, really I was left with no option. Frankly I was amazed at how well the DOT's worked on my bike, in spite of the fact that the rear "on paper" is way too big for the wheel.

Stock Rear is a 130, 140 is more typical - but Michelin only makes a 150. That had me skeptical, but it performed flawlessly and probably will last me half the season at least - which is good 'cause I'm a cheep bashturd as you already know!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D