Thread: Vanmar Racing Announcement

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar

Vanmar Racing Announcement

Hello MRA Members,

We at Vanmar Racing realize that there has been some speculation about our situation and concern if Michelin tire support is going to be available in the MRA for 2011. The start of this year has been an exciting time for us, but we want you to know that we are committed to supporting the MRA at every round in 2011.

As many of you know Mark has taken a job that results in him traveling frequently. His schedule in 2011 may cause him to miss rounds, but he will attend all events that he is in town for. Vanmar has arranged to have expert help available in the paddock at every round, as well as having our regular crew there to make sure that your tire needs are met.

That being said the Michelin Race Tire business is for sale. Vanmar Racing will continue to support racers and riders until the business is sold. If you're interested in being the Michelin Supplier to the MRA please contact us for details.

I'm placing tire orders for the first round in the next few days. If you need tires please contact me and I'll make sure that you are taken care of. Michelin not only has tire offerings to meet your needs and expert support in the paddock, but also they continue to offer the strongest contingency program of any tire manufacturer.

Any questions, please call me. I'm happy to answer them. Our connection with the MRA spans the better part of two decades. The MRA is ingrained in our lives. Going racing with you isn't just a part of what we do, it's a part of who we are. We look forward to seeing you all at the first race and a fantastic 2011.

Mark, Tammy and Katie Schellinger
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

Senior Member Amateur
    =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
    MRA #406
    406 Racing
    Michelin
    Speedin Motorsports
    RockyMtnPhotos
    STM Suspension
    Custom Collision Repair
    420science.com

Senior Member Amateur
    Best of luck with your new direction and THANKS for all your racer support over the years. Not sure I'd have gotten started without Mark's approachable manner and willingness to coach new riders.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Member Amateur
    Tammy, Mark & Katie,
    Talk about the end of an era... I'm sure you will do great in any endeavors you set your minds to! I'm sincerely hoping you guys will still make your presence seen and felt in the pits for this season and many to come in the future. I'm sure the race family will feel the loss this year as Mark's amazing wealth of knowledge won't be so readily available.

You guys (and BUBBA!!!) had "better" still be coming out to the races and showing your awesome selves in the MRA when I get back to CO and am hitting the track again in 3 years or so :wink: Seriously, you're leaving some big shoes to fill...

Sincerely hope to see you all at the PPIR round in a month. Best wishes!

Lisa Kary
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    Former MRA #191 and #911 ("I'll be back!!")
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Senior Member Expert

Senior Member Expert
    Damn....