Thread: Are You A Hooker or a Baller???

Senior Member Amateur

Are You A Hooker or a Baller???

By "hooker" I mean do you hook your heel on the outside peg in turns or are you on the balls of your feet?

I'm a baller. I've been on the balls of my feet on the outside pegs, but have noticed that ALL of the fastest guys in the world are hookers (sorry, I can't think of another way to put it)... All joking aside, at the track yesterday I attempted to hook my heel and it seemed to relax my leg and body a bit, but changed my form drastically and slowed me down because I had to think about doing it.

Any of the more experienced guys have any insight/tips/pointers on this? I'm going to keep trying to force the heel hook and I guess it will continue to get easier.

I'm hoping that it allows me to be a bit less tense through turns and will also allow me to ride for longer (less fatigue/cramping).

Thoughts???
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Senior Member Amateur
    hmm. I would like to hear from the fast dudes about this too. Sick of wearing holes in the soles of my boots.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Amateur
    I can't wait to see the feedback. I'm on my balls and my shins get fatigued on the outside of each leg. I've tried hooking my heels, but seems to take time to set up. When I try it, I can never get set up in time, so I end up in a worse place, neither hooked or on my balls. When my heels do get hooked, I feel like they can sling off at any moment, too.
    Tom
    MRA #416

I try to hook for sure .. otherwise your putting to much pressures on the ball of your foot and you get all cramped up and tired fast ... but I do notice that in some switchbacks ( or one side full lean to the other ) I don't really have time to get the foot into the hook spot ... so I keep th ball on the peg ... like I said .. I try.. I like how it feels Wen your in the "right spot " as far a body position. I'm better goin left than right too.. kinda weird .. for some reason the same body position going right feels different to me ... maybe its cause I'm having to move the throttle so I have to keep my wrist loosened.... :?
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

<<<< Even my little icon pic is hooking .....Haha :lol:

Oh and I notice a nice "lock " between my inner knee ( stomp grip helps this ) and the peg so I can relax my body and arms and really dip into a good form . And you can use your body and arms to absorb some of the bumps in the track . Basicly using ur body as more suspension.. mini bike tricks

My inside foot is on the ball so I can pivot my leg out and press on the inside peg ... so your still gonna wear holes in your soles brad ... sorry
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    sorry mobster, had to edit your post... :lol:

I'm a baller too... can't imagine what it would do to my boot toes if I were a hooker. I'm on my balls of my feet to improve ground clearance.

I'll try it, but think I'll prefer balling over hooking.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    I need to be a baller due to clearance. But I think I might try being a hooker to see if it helps with my leg fatigue.

This would be an interesting post if you didn't know what I was talking about?!

Senior Member Amateur
    Remember this is the outside foot we are talking about. Pretty sure everybody had the ball for the inside foot.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Wanna be a -- baller, shot caller
    Twenty inch blades -- on the Impala
    A caller gettin laid tonight.....................

I hit the HIIIGHWAY, making money the FLYYYY WAY
    But there's got to be a BETT-ER WAYY!
    A better way, better way, YEAH-AHHHH

I feel I can leverage the bike better, but I do wear holes in my boots. I end up smoking 2 or 3 sets of boots a year

Quote Originally Posted by TRK
    Wanna be a -- baller, shot caller
    Twenty inch blades -- on the Impala
    A caller gettin laid tonight.....................

I hit the HIIIGHWAY, making money the FLYYYY WAY
    But there's got to be a BETT-ER WAYY!
    A better way, better way, YEAH-AHHHH

I feel I can leverage the bike better, but I do wear holes in my boots. I end up smoking 2 or 3 sets of boots a year
    LOLZ!!!!!
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Member Amateur
    I'm a hooker for sure. I need to be on my heals. It sets me up for every corner as far as shifting. It's too scetchy to be on the balls of my feet. I feel like my foot is going to slip off the pegs.
    Bill Burr makes me laugh
    #515 09 ZX6
    *3nSomeChangeRacing*

Senior Member Expert
    a baller...size 13 feet...however I might give this a shot if I can clear my toes...changing quite a bit in my riding style this year
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwitit
    I'm a hooker for sure. I need to be on my heals. It sets me up for every corner as far as shifting. It's too scetchy to be on the balls of my feet. I feel like my foot is going to slip off the pegs.
    Do do this because you asked the question using your mantra for your man crush?

"Should I hook or ball? Hmmm, WWSD?(What would Spies do) "

hahaha. Wes your man crush is astounding. I'm just jealous! j/k.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Amateur
    Interesting. Ill have to play around with that. Im a baller. Ive had my outside foot come off the peg a few times. Wondering if hooking would keep that from happening
    MRA#420
    01 R6

Macro Mellon Recording Studios
    Rockymtnphots.com
    DBA Construction LLC

Senior Member Expert
    im a hooker as far as my outside foot goes. by my outside leg which is gripping the tank is squeezing pretty hard.

i would guess that its a setup upon rearsets, cuz i was a baller for a while then i pulled my sets forward and started hooking. my calf cramps went away.

Senior Member Expert
    and im a hooker on colfax from time to time. gotta get tire money some how.

Member Amateur
    LOL@ Eric - So what you're saying is that people throw tires at you from time to time? :lol: Prolly what I'd do if you were trying to pick ME up on Colfax! :wink:
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    Former MRA #191 and #911 ("I'll be back!!")
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Senior Member Amateur
    Started with ballin and there was just never enough time to ride for me to focus on changing it to be automatic and not work to move my feet.
    Now that I'm on a break I'm hoping when I return that doing this and breaking some other habits will be easier.
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503