Thread: Continental Tires!!

Continental Tires!!

I rode them today at HPR and I am very impressed!!! I felt comfotable right away, and they gave great feedback. I talked with Mike Applehans who will be the MRA rep. for the tires, he was very helpful in helping me getting the tire temps right and helping me with the changing conditions after the wind came. If you are thinking about tires, give the Continentals a shot...you might be surprised at just how good they are! Anyone who was at HPR today that tried them have any feedback?
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Amateur
    +1 I rode the slicks this weekend in a soft front and soft rear on my r6. The tires really worked well. Tons of rear end grip and the front gave great feedback. Mike also was helpful and had good info and follow up despite being wrecked in pain. Thanks again Mike. Great bang for the $$$.

Riding on them rest of the year for sure.

Senior Member Amateur
    +1 I rode a soft/soft DOT and they were great, not one issue on a very windy/dusty day. I'll be using them for 2011 as well! Thanks again Mike
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

I tested the Contis yesterday too. I rode DOTs soft front, medium rear. Now unfortunately I had to set up new forks so the whole bike was pretty foreign at first, but got it ridable right before the crazy wind. My first impressions were good. The profiles had to be close to identical to the Pirellis, they felt almost the exact same turning in and mid corner. What's going to take me some getting used to is the way the rear feels on the drive out. It's a stiffer carcass so the feed back was different from the really soft carcass Pirellis I was used to. I'm looking forward to getting the bike dialed in for the Contis on a day with decent conditions not hurricane winds. Thanks Mike for the pressure info and what not! Glad you're doing the vendor thing, I can't think of a better dude to do it!
    carl
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

I have a ton of time on these at HPR if you guys want more pressure/temp #'s let me know. I tore through 7 sets of them before jumping to Michelin.
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden