Thread: Helmet question

Member Amateur

Helmet question

I have a Arai Corsair RX-7 with a date stamp of 2005. I bought the helmet new in 2006 and it has been basically sitting on a shelf for almost the last two years while I was deployed. Are the race techs going to require me to get a new helmet before the race school or races this year? Thanks for any help.

Senior Member Expert
    Yes. The only thing that matters is the date code.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Member Amateur
    Thats what I was afraid of and figured but thought I would ask befor dropping several hundred dollars on a helmet without knowing for sure. Thanks for the help.

Member Amateur
    So a follow up question if I may. Can I purchase a helmet that has a number on it or are those not authorized?

Rule book doesn't say anything about helmet graphics, but your race number should be on the chin bar of the helmet. Guys use anything from custom made decals to mailbox numbers to duct tape with your number written on it.
    I think if you got say a Colin Edwards helmet with the big number 5 on it it'd be fine as long as your number is on the chin.
    carl
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by sheispoison
    Rule book doesn't say anything about helmet graphics, but your race number should be on the chin bar of the helmet. Guys use anything from custom made decals to mailbox numbers to duct tape with your number written on it.
    I think if you got say a Colin Edwards helmet with the big number 5 on it it'd be fine as long as your number is on the chin.
    carl
    That is correct. Helmet graphics can be anything you want. Just get your own rider number on the chin bar in the event you are knocked unconcious during a race the medics can identify you easily.
    Casey D