View Poll Results: If you could race only one, would you choose Miller or Hastings?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Miller Motorsports Park

5 14.71%
  • b) Motorsports Park Hastings

29 85.29%

Thread: Poll regarding track preference

Senior Member Expert

Poll regarding track preference

Just out of curiosity... and to stir up a conversation- 00--00
    Timmay! Young #46
    Track Marshal 2006, 2007, 2009, & 2010
    Rider Representative 2004 & 2005
    MV GTU Season Champion 2003
    Racing to mediocrity 1997-well, now...

Senior Member Amateur
    Miller all the way. When compared to Miller Hastings is too tight and too narrow. The east and AMA courses at Miller are much faster and more rhythmical to ride. I also prefer the wall placement at Miller too because there is much more runoff.

Senior Member Expert
    I like miller but it is too expensive, the extra $200 in gas to get there is a lot of dough....

Hastings is the solution, and you can leave sunday at 5 and get home before midnight
    Ben Fox- http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._Taimotive.gif
    "I'd rather be quick than fast"~Me
    MRA #95
    2006/2007 MRA VP of Rules and Tech
    2008 ROR #10
    http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/images/logo.gif
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Amateur
    I liked Hastings alot better. Don't get me wrong, Miller is world class, I just liked the overall feeling of the whole thing better in Nebraska. I found the people of the town of Hastings to be more friendly, and down to earth.

When we went to Miller, I felt as if the people at the racetrack sort of looked down their noses at the MRA because we didn't all show up in the big transporters like the high buck car teams in IMSA, or the AMA.

Just my 2 cents.

Smitty
    CHALLENGE IMPROVES YOU

Senior Member Expert
    I'd like to see both on the schedule... but forced to choose, I'd vote Hastings.

Reasons:
    1. The drive
    2. The fact that the people at MPH really care that we're there.
    3. Beer

Senior Member Amateur
    Miller has a better track configuration, but costs too high (travel, etc).
    Hasting was a better experience. Way more fun time
    even in the rain. Given the choice, all things considered,
    I would go to Hastings over Miller.
    My $.02

dja
    Dan Audette.

MPH by a longshot!

Like JohnnyLaw said, MMP is world class, but I felt like they were too big for us (with the sign-in and security), and surprisingly not as organized as one might expect, because most of us on the south side of the garages had to move our vehicles on Friday afternoon to make room for the kart racers on Saturday. What really disappointed me about MMP was the lack of on-site showers - I thought they would have at least what PPIR had, but instead, they had 1 single shower in the concession rest room. WTF :?

George and everybody in Hastings want us there, and there's something to be said for that. Just look at the trailer that was set up with showers - sure there were only 5 rooms (on the guys side), but that was a REALLY NICE TOUCH!!! I'm looking forward to the on-site hotel on top of the garages - that's just brilliant! 8) Free coffee, juice and danishes in the morning was nice too! I can't wait to go back there for the last race of the season!

As far as comparing just the tracks, I didn't have nearly as much time on MPH as I did at MMP, plus the weather was much different, so it's difficult for me to give a fair comparison at this point, but I really did enjoy the design and layout of MPH, and found it to be a very flowing track. I would have enjoyed a slightly longer straightaway instead of 3 teasers, but the section from T2 to T3 was pretty good. Anyway, that's just my opinion. 8)
    Bob - #46
    MRA President (2024) - Vice President (2022-2023)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan
    Colorado Sportbike Club | 4 Horsemen Racing | R.I.P. 502
    Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end!

Senior Member Expert
    I like Miller. Some of that perspective comes from Racing to Save Lives where we got a reception that was really outstanding. I think they over booked the weekend we were there with the MRA, and the feel then was much different than that of R2SL.

That being said, if we are going to have to choose I'll take Hastings. The drive is shorter, the town really wants us there and George is really going out of his way to make the facilitiy good for us.

Really, though, I think we should start another thread, that being "Hastings or La Junta" From where I live in the north the drive isn't much worse to go to hastings, and I'd much rather go there than La J.

Scott

Junior Member Novice

poll regarding track preference

Hastings wins it by a mile (even though the drive was 10 hours for us). It was a thoroughly enjoyable, welcoming experience - rain and all. It seemed that the whole town knew we were going to be there, everyone was friendly, had smiles on their faces, were courteous and helpful.

MMP is a beautiful track - no doubt - but it felt like we were under constant surveillance. This is closed, that is closed, this is a restricted area, tie your shoes. There were some friendly people there, but pales in comparison to the welcome we had in Hastings.

I'm sure the little glitches in Hastings will be worked out in a very short time - you gotta love that they even care what the MRA wants and needs.

I'd love to see R2SL move to Hastings - judging from the local turnout last weekend, you'd get a lot more participation.

Can't wait to go back.

Senior Member Amateur
    If I could only do one, MPH. I would do both in one season, but I'd do Hastings twice to Miller once because of logistics. What I immediately liked about MPH was that it was easier to learn. Every turn is unique. You always know where you are on the course, whereas the west track at Miller has a couple of very similar turns that would make me sometimes forget exactly where I was, as in, "What comes up next?"

When MPH gets the infrastructure done, it's gonna rock. And the town has everything you could want. Tooele is, uh, Tooele, which means you're driving to Salt Lake for whatever. Anyway, Hastings does it for me.
    Joe Turek #59

Senior Member Amateur
    is there a thread on the MRA current standing with Miller as far as scheduling for next season?

I think MPH feels more like a "home track", its closer, a much easier drive, and i can only imagine cheaper and more reachable for our club.

Miller is awesome, i plan to go there whenever i can, but if the choice is forced, Miller doesn't seem like as good of a fit for the MRA. Expense being the main reason.

It will be interesting to see what kind of effects cars have on both track surfaces by next season.

josh

Senior Member Amateur
    While I am not a racer and did not get out on the track, I would choose Hastings over Miller.

My reason is the attitude shown with the hotels. Miller said "oh, your a racer, jack up the price." Hastings said "oh, your a racer, here is a discount".

We found that positive attitude at Hastings from the Walmart (getting rain gear with Georges's crew), to the Grocery store (let me help you carry your groceries out in a pouring down rainstorm) to an excellent dinner at Taylors (thanks for coming to Hastings).

Susie