Thread: Need gear for SuperStreet this summer

Member Novice

Need gear for SuperStreet this summer

I'll be racing in SuperStreet this year as well as riding multiple track days hopefully soon. I am looking for the following gear: suit, gloves, and boots. I am trying to keep it cheap as this will be my first set of gear. Looking for a used suit for around $150, I am not positive on a size but I am 6'0" and about 185 lbs. I am looking for boots size 45 and gloves in XL.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks!
    Kevin

Senior Member Expert
    Kevin,

We've acquired a sponsor for SuperStreet in the form of Ayden Lee Designs. They've sent the MRA a size run of suits and some back protectors that will be available for your use at SuperStreet events in 2011. There will be a small cleaning fee associated with using the gear, but it will be reasonable.

I also have a number of gloves, boots and a few other accessories that you may borrow from my personal collection of "loaner gear".

If you're looking for a good deal on a new suit, please check out Ayden Lee Designs, they have several models on sale right now. If you want to try on before you buy, let me know and you can come try on one of the suits they sent for SuperStreet.

Scott

http://www.alr-moto.com/categories/L...10-Race-Suits/
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    Kevin,

We've acquired a sponsor for SuperStreet in the form of Ayden Lee Designs. They've sent the MRA a size run of suits and some back protectors that will be available for your use at SuperStreet events in 2011. There will be a small cleaning fee associated with using the gear, but it will be reasonable.

I also have a number of gloves, boots and a few other accessories that you may borrow from my personal collection of "loaner gear".

If you're looking for a good deal on a new suit, please check out Ayden Lee Designs, they have several models on sale right now. If you want to try on before you buy, let me know and you can come try on one of the suits they sent for SuperStreet.

Scott

http://www.alr-moto.com/categories/L...10-Race-Suits/
    Way to go Ayden Lee!

My advice is to suck it up and invest in good gear!! There's tons of stuff on ebay and craigslist for dirt cheap. However, if you still don't have anything as you get closer to race day, I have XL gloves and 45 boots you can borrow.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as YOUR money." - an IRS auditor

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Member Novice
    Hey, I appreciate the response guys!

That is cool to see Ayden Lee with some sponsorship. Would they make some suits available for rental at HPR for a couple track days before the season starts? I'd like to get on the track some before the first race.

Thanks!

Senior Member Expert
    Kevin,

They supplied the suits to the MRA and I have become the "keeper" of the suits.

There is going to be a small cleaning charge associated with using these suits so that they stay in good condition.

For the most part I'm not going to be attending a lot of open days pre-season, I simply can't afford the time off of work.

The suits WILL be available during our Race School days in April. The school dates are being offered in conjunction with open lapping at HPR this season.

I would also advise you to sign up and take the school, even if you think you'll do SuperStreet this year. We have a wealth of knowledge available in our club and the instructors selected for the school represent a good core of that knowledge. It will be the best spent $200 you can imagine in your pre-season.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Member Novice
    I would recommend sportbiketrackgear.com if you go with investing in some good gear. Their CS is great and their prices are reasonable.

Senior Member Amateur
    +1 above. I got a great deal on a close out from them and monitor the site for the next round of closeouts. I want a new suit.

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Member Novice
    Hey guys, I appreciate all of your feedback and helping me out. I have bought a number of things from SBTG and I agree, great CS.

Scott---I am really considering the school lately and need to get my paperwork together but just a few more questions...

What do you recommend to wear underneath a race suit(rented)? And how can I set up to get an Ayden Lee suit for the school? Do you need measurements ahead of time?

Thanks again for your time guys!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by KevEd614
    Hey guys, I appreciate all of your feedback and helping me out. I have bought a number of things from SBTG and I agree, great CS.

Scott---I am really considering the school lately and need to get my paperwork together but just a few more questions...

What do you recommend to wear underneath a race suit(rented)? And how can I set up to get an Ayden Lee suit for the school? Do you need measurements ahead of time?

Thanks again for your time guys!
    I wear underarmour under my suit and it works well. There are as many options for that as there are types of suits.

I carry the full size run with me in my trailer at all times, so I should have one available for you.

If you're really concered let me know height, weight and waist size (or if you know it suit size) and I'll put one aside for you.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David