I know there are a bunch out there now, but I just received a MOTY 4 Cell battery ( http://www.motydesign.com/index.php ) for a project I am working on, from Kelly at www.trackstar1.com

I never thought that much about reducing as much weight from the bike as I could, as I used to think horsepower was King! Ok yeah I liked to make big power

When you compare the weight of the MOTY battery to a normal OEM battery like the ones I always used to run in my race bikes, it is around 6.5lbs for a normal battery vs around 12 oz for a MOTY 4 cell bettery which will be more than enough for a modern streetbike as well as most race bikes.

The batteries have a pretty cool quick disconnect and you can basically mount them where you want. Yeah you could go on a diet to lose 6lbs, but that doesnt sound like a lot of fun They are around $110 for the 4 cell which is pretty cheap when you think about it, definitely worth looking into.

Funny how a lot of thing I am finding out about now didnt exist when I was racing