Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novice Service Hours

Senior Member Expert

Novice Service Hours

Hi all!

The MRA requires all novice racers to provide 4 hours of service to the club each season. Novices can fulfill these hours in the following ways:

Novice Hour Opportunities:
    1. Attend MRA General Meetings once a month (1/2 hour/meeting): Check in with JenJen @ the meeting or it doesn't count!!

2. Volunteer at MRA event booths (dealer open houses, shows, etc): Schedule with a Rider Rep

3. Volunteer as a Cornerworker: please see Track Marshal

4. Assist MRA staff (banquet, raceday office, etc): Check with the raceday office for upcoming opportunities

...or buy out your hours for $100

**It's very important that novices check in with JenJen at the end of the season to confirm that we have record of your hours worked.**

Volunteers not only help the club operate, they find it's a great way to get to know other members. It's the board's sincere hope that after having an opportunity to volunteer, you'll continue to donate time/resources to support your club.

Finally, maintaining the MRA requires a constant service commitment from members-- if you enjoy volunteering please consider running for the board of directors. Thank you for donating your time!
    Last edited by oldtimer; October 30th, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Amateur
    Halfway through the season, any chance we can get a status of our volunteer time?

Thanks
    MRA 117

Senior Member Amateur
    Being new to the MRA this year I have a couple of questions about Novice hours.

What happens if you cannot fulfill them? (I started mid season so I am already behind the curve)

Are there going to be any opportunities to volunteer in Colorado Springs? Any events planned, open houses etc.?
    All the opportunities I have seen so far are in Denver and so are all the meetings. Between work schedule and family it's very difficult to drive an hour up to Denver mid week just to attend a meeting (as much as I would like to).

MRA #888 Triumph 675.

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675
    Being new to the MRA this year I have a couple of questions about Novice hours.

What happens if you cannot fulfill them? (I started mid season so I am already behind the curve)

Are there going to be any opportunities to volunteer in Colorado Springs? Any events planned, open houses etc.?
    All the opportunities I have seen so far are in Denver and so are all the meetings. Between work schedule and family it's very difficult to drive an hour up to Denver mid week just to attend a meeting (as much as I would like to).

Next Saturday. Apex Sports Open House. Can you be there?
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Awesome! Let me double check with the family before I commit but it doesn't get much closer to home then that. Is that going to be Saturday the 16th or the 23rd?

MRA #888 Triumph 675.

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Awesome! Let me double check with the family before I commit but it doesn't get much closer to home then that. Is that going to be Saturday the 16th or the 23rd?

16th

MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll give you an answer tomorrow but I'm pretty sure that will work for me.

Thanks,
    JP
    MRA #888 Triumph 675.

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm in for Saturday at Apex. Sent you a PM
    MRA #888 Triumph 675.

Member Amateur
    Need any more help?

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by COS Mille
    Need any more help?
    Sure that would be great if you would like to come out on Saturday.
    MRA #29

Member Amateur
    Good to see you at the meeting last night. Just confirming I'll have the table and stuff at Apex before 9 on Sat.

JP, I'll see you there. A canopy should be set up/available for the MRA display.

Senior Member Amateur
    Awesome! I was just going to get in touch and see if we still needed to come get the canopy and stuff. I just had a minor knee surgery today so I'll have to take it easy on the standing but I'll be there by 9. If you need me earlier let me know.

JP

MRA #888 Triumph 675.

President Expert
    Thanks Wendell for your help with getting this set up. I will follow up with Apex today to make sure they have a canopy set up for us.
    MRA #29

Member Amateur
    All went well, canopy all set up by Eric, and JP along with their bikes. JPs triumph really got some attention. Triumph fans........who'd-a-thunk? LoL. We spoke with more than a few people about Super Street. Met some people who were with the MRA years ago. A great time and learning experience. Handed out the schedules and 2 4 1 passes. I hope we can get public interest up for spectating.

Glad to help out, it's always fun.

President Expert
    Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you guys for working this last Saturday. Make sure you have me sign off on your novice cards.
    MRA #29

Junior Member Novice
    Jim,
    I won't be making rd 5, but was curious if you still planned to mail me some posters/flyers to distribute in the KC area?

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by zts gixx
    Jim,
    I won't be making rd 5, but was curious if you still planned to mail me some posters/flyers to distribute in the KC area?
    your address still
    8545 Lewis Dr
    Lenexa, Ks 66227 ?
    MRA #29

Junior Member Novice
    Yep

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by zts gixx
    Yep
    I will try to stop by the post office this week. Sorry just been inundated with things lately.
    MRA #29

Junior Member Novice
    No problemo

Junior Member Novice

Novice service hours

I need to find some more novice service hour opportunities so that I get my 4 hours in this year. I know that Jen Jen keeps track of those, but is there somewhere on the MRA site where those opportunities are listed? I thought I saw something just before the season began, but now I can't find it.....

Senior Member Amateur
    Taken from the 2012 MRA Rulebook section 4.6 Novice to expert advancement process:

D. All riders who begin the season as a Novice must complete 4 hours of community
    service to the club that season. Novice riders must complete 4 hours of service
    before being upgraded to expert. Failure to complete the service will result in the
    forfeiture of all points and standings for the season, as well as any online results
    and database scoring, for all classes in which the rider has competed.
    E. For the purposes of this section ‘community service’ may include but not be
    confined to scorekeeping, approved event participation, or any other service as
    defined and approved by the Board. Attending a general meeting will equate to
    one half hour of community service up to a maximum of two hours. You also
    have the option to “purchase” your service hours for a payment of $100 to the
    MRA. You can either pay the amount in full, or work the full 4 hours.
    F. The Board may waive the requirement of community service for a rider for
    extraordinary circumstances and by a majority vote of the Board.

Senior Member Amateur
    So far from what I have gathered, here is at least part of the list of things you can volunteer for:
    - $100
    - going to MRA meetings but a max of 4 meetings which leaves you with 2 more hours
    - cornerworking
    - MRA events/promotions (contact Louden David)

Junior Member Novice

Novice service hours

Thanks! I took a look at the rulebook again this morning and was aware of the "buyout" option and the credit for attendance at MRA meetings, but didn't know who to contact about event attendance and promo stuff. I'll get ahold of Louden this weekend at HPR to get on the list for one (or more) of those, in order to satisfy my hours requirements.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

Re: Novice service hours

Quote Originally Posted by apriliarider
    I need to find some more novice service hour opportunities so that I get my 4 hours in this year. I know that Jen Jen keeps track of those, but is there somewhere on the MRA site where those opportunities are listed? I thought I saw something just before the season began, but now I can't find it.....
    they be found here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewforum.php?f=18
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast