Thread: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - Fully prepped, ready to race!

Senior Member Expert

2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - Fully prepped, ready to race!

After reviewing my budget and getting really honest with myself I simply can't afford a 2 bike race effort in 2011.

So, here it is.

2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Fully race prepped and ready to race
    Gloss Black paint with white number plates (looks awesome!)
    Michelin Power 1 race tires (B rear A front)
    Woodcraft Clip Ons
    Brand New Leo Vince exhaust
    Galfer stainless front brake line
    Jetted and ready with 30.5 horsepower
    Bike has just over 1000 miles on it and runs great

$4000 OBO

I'm really excited about the 250 class for 2011 and want this bike to stay local and race in the MRA. Please email me with any questions

Scott

MRAcer69(at) gmail dot com
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Junior Member Novice
    If you decide to rent it out.... I got dibs on round 1 :P
    who is mike jones?

Senior Member Expert
    But wouldn't racing a 250 Ninja be much much cheaper than the alternative?
    I know Scott, you like myself are a big twin motorbike and a little twin kids type of guy. LOL

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I know Scott, you like myself are a big twin motorbike and a little twin kids type of guy. LOL
    For sure you're right Jon, the ninja 250 would be way cheaper to race, but I'm so invested already in my Ducati program that I just can't give it up.

That I I'm pretty sure there is more demand for the N250 right now than there is for a 14 year old Ducati Racebike.

BTW, you have me pegged. Big twin motorcycles....little twin dudes!
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Yeah mine just finally went back to school after two and a half weeks off. Believe me as a single father of two eight and a half year olds and if your wife is somewhat sain stay married as it doesn't get easiler as they get older, just busier. LOL
    I understand as the market for the older Duc sucks and even me who's a gluten for BMS invoice abuse would probably agree that the Ninjette will move quicker than the 748 will and without my competition you will more than likely be on the podium regularly.

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    For sure you're right Jon, the ninja 250 would be way cheaper to race, but I'm so invested already in my Ducati program that I just can't give it up.

That I I'm pretty sure there is more demand for the N250 right now than there is for a 14 year old Ducati Racebike.

BTW, you have me pegged. Big twin motorcycles....little twin dudes!

Sir, an old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted", If the ninja race class pans out. I am sure that you will have MUCH more fun racing the 250 then you will spending more money on an OLD Duc..Give the little Kaw a one race weekend chance before letting it go...

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by findgold
    Sir, an old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted", If the ninja race class pans out. I am sure that you will have MUCH more fun racing the 250 then you will spending more money on an OLD Duc..Give the little Kaw a one race weekend chance before letting it go...
    "Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I a not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

I appreciate the insight for sure, but I've been racing the Ducati for the last 5 years. I have a garage full of spare parts, set up notes, blah blah blah and I like racing it a lot. The amount of time and money already invested dictates that if I'm doing a one bike effort, that is the bike.

I bought the Ninja mostly to help get the class going here in Colorado. I'm sure someday I'll have one, but this year I'm going to focus on my Modern Vintage effort.

I hope that you'll come race with us this year!

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    Quote Originally Posted by findgold
    "Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I a not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

I appreciate the insight for sure, but I've been racing the Ducati for the last 5 years. I have a garage full of spare parts, set up notes, blah blah blah and I like racing it a lot. The amount of time and money already invested dictates that if I'm doing a one bike effort, that is the bike.

I bought the Ninja mostly to help get the class going here in Colorado. I'm sure someday I'll have one, but this year I'm going to focus on my Modern Vintage effort.

I hope that you'll come race with us this year!
    Scott
    10-4
    I have a couple of older Ninjas. and I do plan on joining you guys this year. Because I being from down south I have done a couple of races and track days with ASMA and don't have (as yet) any other bikes to race with other then SV650's which blow by me on the strights like I'm going backwards.. Did a track day with SMRI this fall and I think that at Sandia I can give the bigger bikes a good run for the money.

I am making plans on attending your Banquet next month if I can squeeze the date into my calendar. Tho Denver is a long trip from Belen, NM.
    But then at this time that is the price I will have to pay to race with bikes that are equal, till the clubs down south here see the light!

Still I say give the little Ninja a chance. Before you sell..

Senior Member Expert
    This is sad indeed Scott, I was looking forward to the chance to compete with you, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.
    I do hope that someone here picks it up, so it stays local.
    These things are a gas to ride.
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Expert
    Scott, I can't believe you're selling the Ninja! It's too early to get realistic, wait til it's closer to the season!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    I remember racing a Ducati and a Ninja (though it was a 650) both in one day and as I am not Shane "the tornado" Turpin my brain felt like it had been through "a tornado" after wards.
    Two completely different bikes with two completely different ways of riding them. I'm sure one could become used to it after a while but I sure wouldn't want to do it one after the other. Reminds me kind of back in the day of jumping from the SV in Lightweight Endurance onto the beast TL 1000 five minutes later for Heavyweight Endurance. You gotta be in some sort of fit for that. Frankly I was fit.......to be committed anyhow. LOL

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks to everyone who expressed interest, the bike has been sold and will be raced in the MRA this year!

I'm sad that I don't get to participate, I think this class will be a lot of fun.

Good luck to all N250 cup competitors
    MRA Expert #69
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David