View Poll Results: Will a "Full" factory bike help spies in 2011?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Getting the same bike as lorenzo will help him win races and or the championship?

36 76.60%
  • The satellite team bikes are just as good, he's hit a wall talentwise?

0 0%
  • None of this matters until Rossi's retires, because once he's fit he'll spank them all

11 23.40%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Spies in 2011...

Senior Member Expert
    there is a song Ducati needs to sing... Only instead of Jesus's name, use Rossi...

"Rossi take the wheeeeeeel"

Let him have or do what he wants and you will win. Might take a year or 2 but you will have a Red M1 when he is done. :wink:

I am a fan of Rossi, Spies, Hayden... Though I wish Hayden would get some wins in, I think Id like to see him in WSBK or AMA again. I just dont think he can match the caliper if Moto GP anymore.. I cry a little to say it out loud but I think its true. None the less he is humble, and makes no excuses other than he isnt getting it done. I respect him for that.

Spies is the same way. No BS: I just didnt get it done today. This kid races with brains. Even with out the amazing birth talent he has, he approaches tracks and corners with a mathematical thought process until its perfect. I think he has no place to go but up !!!

Loretho and the other Hobbit: I think if personality grew on trees, they wouldnt bother picking one. I cant deny the talent, but I just cant be a fan of someone I cant stand to see an interview of... I know its dumb.. but Im just not that into robots and hobbits. :roll:

Either way I cant wait what all these changes bring in 2011 !!!

Senior Member Amateur
    I guess this doesn't help Loretho's argument does it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOyxwulz4u8
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Member Amateur
    [quote="I am a fan of Rossi, Spies, Hayden... Though I wish Hayden would get some wins in, I think Id like to see him in WSBK or AMA again. I just dont think he can match the caliper if Moto GP anymore.. I cry a little to say it out loud but I think its true. None the less he is humble, and makes no excuses other than he isnt getting it done. I respect him for that.

Either way I cant wait what all these changes bring in 2011 !!![/quote]

I have to agree to an extent. If the engines were all as gnarly as in the past, I think Nicky would be right up there to challange at the front. The Hobbits and the ridiculous amount of electronic aids has changed the sport forever. Prior to the great electronics, being a 250 WC didn't mean you would do anything in the MotoGP class, due to evil nature of the premier class bikes.

Senior Member Expert
    I think Nicky would have been winning if the bikes had stayed 990 as it could be ridden like a superbike where as the 800s are ridden like big 250s which is why at this point all the fast guys are fast 250 guys. Of course Rossi has won on every style of bike but he is the exception not the rule.
    If you look at it the number of superbike riders who have made a successful run in GP is very small, the greatest superbike rider of all time in Troy Bayless could not make it in GP even when they had the 990s. Nicky will have a better chance once they go back to the big bikes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12