View Poll Results: Will a "Full" factory bike help spies in 2011?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Getting the same bike as lorenzo will help him win races and or the championship?

36 76.60%
  • The satellite team bikes are just as good, he's hit a wall talentwise?

0 0%
  • None of this matters until Rossi's retires, because once he's fit he'll spank them all

11 23.40%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Spies in 2011...

Senior Member Expert

Ben Spies in 2011...

Is it about the bike?

It's not about the bike?
    Ben Fox- http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._Taimotive.gif
    "I'd rather be quick than fast"~Me
    MRA #95
    2006/2007 MRA VP of Rules and Tech
    2008 ROR #10
    http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/images/logo.gif
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    The answer is of course yes the bike does matter, the real question is how much.
    Stoner is already going faster on the Honda and Rossi is going slower on the Ducati, I hope Ducati pulls their head out of their ass and gives Rossi what he wants because if not it is going to be very bad for them cause if Rossi can't go fast on it everybody will know it's not him but the bike.
    As for Ben I don't think a championship next year but race wins are going to come, I do think he can get a championship before he is done though. He just needs more time with the bike and the team.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    The answer is of course yes the bike does matter, the real question is how much.
    Stoner is already going faster on the Honda and Rossi is going slower on the Ducati, I hope Ducati pulls their head out of their ass and gives Rossi what he wants because if not it is going to be very bad for them cause if Rossi can't go fast on it everybody will know it's not him but the bike.
    As for Ben I don't think a championship next year but race wins are going to come, I do think he can get a championship before he is done though. He just needs more time with the bike and the team.
    Hayden won the world title..... How many wins did he have that year?...
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    Hayden won the world title..... How many wins did he have that year?...
    if i recall only laguna?

Ducati has already won a motogp championship with a less talented rider than rossi, so Im not so convinced that if rossi doesn't do it, it's because of the bike. But hey, im a little biased on manufcatures :wink:

BTW, rossi historically has always been slow in off season testing, it's a mental thing, he's letting his competition relax and get comfortable with being just a bit faster.

I am a yamaha/spies fan, and no doubt want to see him get up there. but you never know, we'll see
    MRA #95
    2008 ROR #10
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    one other curious observation:

this thread has 96 views and only 12 votes total?

so is it just me brownie and bart and 9 other people that keep reviewing it?

everyone is allowed to vote! do it!
    MRA #95
    2008 ROR #10
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    Ben Ducati has won before in GP and SBK but it seemed pretty obvious that they screwed the pooch in both this year, seems like the people running the race program after the main guys went to BMW just don't have it figured out.
    I do think that this last year and next year has seen the deepest depth of talent than in many years past. Only real problem this year was injurys all the way around, so if next year starts with all of them healthy winning a championship without winning races will be very hard.
    Rossi is still the best of our time but lets face it he is getting older and there are some reallllly good riders coming down the line who have already pushed him and more are coming so while I love Rossi I know there are only so many races left in him. He will be around for a long time but prolly not as dominant as he has been in years past.
    Also Ben I think alot of people have discounted Stoners talent, if you look at it he is really the only rider to really make the Ducati work. I would put my money next year on Stoner, the Honda I think was the best overall package and Ducatis second to last because lets face it the Suzuki sucks balls with the Yami second overall. So unless things change Honda will still be the best and Stoner is hungry and that is a very good combo.

Senior Member Amateur
    Those that know me know that I bleed Ducati red. However the bike is far from great. I also think Ducati will wish Stoner was back once they see the speed and wins he WILL have.

If anyone can get the duc on track its Rossi and JB. However it will not be easy for Spies to beat Loorennthooo or Stoner. My bet is he will be 4-6 th place most of the time with a few podiums at best. Spies is a bad ass but I don't think its his time yet.....

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm very much with Bart. The bike humbled everyone but Stoner.
    Its a beast. If Stoner stays away from yogurt he's golden!

Senior Member Expert
    I disagree Mad Dog, I think Ben would have pulled many podiums and maybe even a few wins if he had been on a factory bike. He learns very fast and has alot of talent, so given a top flight bike I think he would have been there.
    Wait a moment don't you ride Yamaha you slacker. :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Next years going to be unbelievable with wins for Honda, Yamaha and Ducati same as this year. I believe though Ben Spies will stand out as a fast learner Lorenzo will be tough to beat though and will win the championship, with both Rossi and Stoner taking some wins.

Senior Member Expert
    I bleed some shade of purple, or whatever effen colors blue and red make, I don't know primary colors.... :/

Rossi's gonna lay down a beating so hard that Lorenzo will do a gibernau... Spies is immune to pysch outs as I think that part of his brain thats suppose o ooze emotion wad damaged when he crashed at TWS at 200mph years ago, but he'll now get a few of the secret tires and pull off a couple wins to put him in 2nd.
    MRA #95
    2008 ROR #10
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    Nothing would make me happier than to see Rossi make that Spaniard his boy-toy. I don't care what brand of motorcycle either are on...
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Dave I don't care who takes him down or what bike does it as long as someone does. He has the personality of burn toast, he tries to put on a show like Rossi but just ends up looking like a ass.

Senior Member Expert
    Rossi is an impossible act to follow, no matter what someone else does they'll look like an ass, it would be like having yourself a garage band and asking Dave Matthews to open for you.

The Ducati is in way better shape development wise than the Yamaha was when Burgess and Rossi took it on, so I expect that they are going to come out VERY strong next year. My money is on them for the championship.

"The personality or burnt toast" - I'm saving that one for future use.

S
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    You are right Rybo the Yami was in worse shape, the key I think is they had a rider and tuner and Yamaha was willing to give them what they wanted instead of telling them what they needed. Now the question remains, will Ducati do the same cause if they don't it won't work, I don't think even Rossi can make the Duck in its present form work as well as the Honda or Yami does now.
    Maybe we should start up a pool right now as to next years champ 10 dollar buy in, I will take Stoner. Who wants in?

Senior Member Expert
    You are right Rybo the Yami was in worse shape, the key I think is they had a rider and tuner and Yamaha was willing to give them what they wanted instead of telling them what they needed. Now the question remains, will Ducati do the same cause if they don't it won't work, I don't think even Rossi can make the Duck in its present form work as well as the Honda or Yami does now.
    Maybe we should start up a pool right now as to next years champ 10 dollar buy in, I will take Stoner. Who wants in?

Rossi: I vant da beetches....

yamaha: your getting a crank that spins backwards!

Rossi: I vant da veemin!

Yahama: your getting a crank that has an odd firing order!

Rossi: I vant da vhores!

Yamaha: we've given you everything you want right?

Rossi: jou give me da tata's and I will go pass everyone like they strapped to a pole... vhat kind of a bike am I riding again this year?

What is it that ducati should give rossi?
    What is it that they are giving him that he doesn't want?
    MRA #95
    2008 ROR #10
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    I love it.

But, why does Rossi sound Russian??

Senior Member Expert
    Dave I don't care who takes him down or what bike does it as long as someone does. He has the personality of burn toast, he tries to put on a show like Rossi but just ends up looking like a ass.
    This I agree with 100%.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    I love it.

But, why does Rossi sound Russian??
    LOL.. he's been vactioning in St. petersburg with some Vrussian, vhores...
    MRA #95
    2008 ROR #10
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    spies and vale have the same mind set in my opinion. they both solve issues with the bike in the same fashion. as lorenzo is indeed fast and has excellent talent, i dont think he has problem solving skills. vale solved the problems with the m1 through the years to make it a easy to ride bike. i believe he is going to do the same with the ducati, and spies is going to develop the m1 even further.

just mai opinion

Senior Member Amateur
    Stoner won the championship on a bike no one else could ride! Fastest rider first test on the Honda? Gotta make you think?

Jorge will be tough

Pedrosa just needs to get out of puberty

Rossi will be great on the Ducati, he could win a GP on a f-ing Harley

Nicky might win one or two, that's it

Spies is amazing.....aggressive, technical, and modest, he's got my vote for the championship!

Senior Member Amateur
    Rossi will win the title IF Ducati has enough money, resources, and quick turnaround at the factory. Ducati has proven that they can make an extremely powerful engine...JB and Rossi will make it handle, but the factory will have to listen to Rossi and build him what he wants.

In 2012 is when we will see how good Lorenzo truly is...When he has to develop a new 1000cc bike. Spies I think will benefit from the rule change back to 1000cc.

Ben, You looked good RRW toying with Larry's bike, You sexy bitch.

Jeff

Member Amateur
    Rossi will have a tough time on the Ducati the first year. I don't know about a championship on an overly demanding bike. Ducati had better be willing to make the financial commitment to really improve the bike with Rossi demonstrated ability to provide goundbreaking feedback or things will be ugly!

Stoner will be on arguably the best overall package. The telemetry and interviews with other riders about the Duc say it all. As good as he is, Stoner's talent level is still underestimated. If his head is in the game, 2011 will be another championship for him.

You gotta love Spies. Factory bike will help, but I don't think it's his time yet.

I won't bet against Lorenzo. The guy is an animal and is right up there with Stoner for blinding natural speed.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by coax
    Ducati had better be willing to make the financial commitment to really improve the bike with Rossi .

they have the marlboro money...and they pulled out of wsbk.
    MRA #95
    2008 ROR #10
    (719) 570-9595

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by benfoxmra95
    Quote Originally Posted by coax
    Ducati had better be willing to make the financial commitment to really improve the bike with Rossi .

they have the marlboro money...and they pulled out of wsbk.
    Tru dat and a sad fact!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast