Thread: 2008 R6 Superbike w Fresh Motor*SOLD*still have some parts

Junior Member Novice

2008 R6 Superbike w Fresh Motor*SOLD*still have some parts

Danny Anderson's 08 Yamaha YZF600R6 Superbike w Fresh Motor

I bought this bike brand new and built it myself, clean title. I am a Yamaha Silver Certified Mechanic. This bike was very meticulously prepared, maintained and safety wired, down to having the correct Japanese bolts, no shortcuts on this bike.

Engine work was done just before 2010 MRA race #3 at HPR (rain weekend). So I only raced it that weekend and race #4 at Pueblo. That’s the only 2 weekends this bike has been ridden since then. So 1 rainy weekend and 1 dry weekend is all the time the fresh motor has on it. No practice days.

Modifications include:
    -Falicon ultra lightweight superbike crank that has been cryogenic treated
    -2mm over CP pistons (not JE, not Weisco) that have lateral gas ports, treated skirts and DLC (Diamond-Like Coated) wrist pins. 635cc, 14.5:1 compression ratio
    -Cylinder head has 4 and 5 angle valve job with new valve springs and has been milled to close to minimum piston to valve clearance.
    -New Yamaha clutch and springs installed
    -new spark plugs, air filter (I run a stock filter but a GYTR gauze type filter comes with it) gaskets, seals & rod bolts etc.
    Other goodies include:
    -YEC Kit ECU
    -YEC Kit Wire Harness
    -Bazzaz fuel management with traction control and quick shifter, also includes handle bar mounted TC switches (on-the-fly traction control adjustment and 2 map select)
    -YEC AIR Injection block-off plates
    -Full Titanium Akrapovic EVO system with a spare can with some scratches and dents
    -APE manual cam chain tensioner
    -Woodcraft case covers
    -Sharkskinz bodywork with quick release clip-on dzus fasteners. 2 sets with 3 tails (1 SS and 2 SB) 1 set is what you see in the photos (little road rash on the left side) and 1 brand new set in primer. Not gel-coat primed and ready to paint.
    -GYTR frame sliders
    -Brembo 19RCS master cylinder (adjustable fulcrum & folding lever)
    -Goodridge SS -2 brake lines
    -EBC EPFA380HH brake pads (1 week end) with extra new sets
    -Braking oversized wave rotors
    -Woodcraft clip ons with Renthal med grips
    -ASV folding shorty clutch lever with custom ball bearing pivot
    -Sato rear sets
    -Penske triple adjust rear shock
    -DID ERV3-520 Gold chain with Renthal sprockets almost any gearing you want 15-16, 43-49
    -PSR Billet quick release fuel cap
    -GPR V4 Steering Dampener (I also have a Ohlins Top mount if that’s what you prefer. Comes with one or the other not both)
    Vented Brake scoops
    -fuel tank side protectors
    -GYTR rear stand and Harris front stand
    -GYTR blue bike cover
    -Front forks have stock internals (that’s the way I’ve ridden it, never had any reason to change it) just changed the oil.

I also have lots of spare parts.

Some of the brand new parts I have include:
    As noted above, complete set of Sharkskinz race bodywork, primed and ready to mount. Full Titanium Akrapovic EVO system still in the box never opened, radiator, fuel tank with front air box cover required side protectors and Stomp grip, fuel pump, handle bars, brake pads, clutch perch and stock levers, stock master cylinder with ASV folding shorty lever, windscreens, upper bracket, 2 complete Yamaha clutch packs (steels and fibers), foot pegs, and many other small parts.

Other spare stock stuff I have:
    Front forks, swing arm, front wheel with stock rotors, and every other stock part that came off the brand new bike from the side stand to the mirrors including the Blue bodywork with 0 miles--complete set of mint stock bodywork.

An example of how meticulous I am--the motor only has 2 weekends on it but the oil and filter has been changed 5 times. Original oil (Yamaha petroleum 10/40) on start up til operating temp then changed, Yamaha pet. 10/40 heat cycled gently a few times on the dyno then changed, Yamaha 15/30 full synthetic with ester (the good stuff) tuned on the dyno then changed, Yamaha 15/30 full syn raced round 3 at HPR then changed, Yamaha 15/30 full syn raced round #4 at Pueblo then changed and that’s what is in it now fresh oil ready to race.

I’m willing to sell the complete package, just the motorcycle as is (no spares or extras) or motorcycle with just about any option on extras. Also if there is some spare part I have listed that you need I’ll sell it separately-first come first serve.

This bike has been on RORU and MWSB podium many times before the superbike motor was done. It is very fast and will not disappoint. The bike by itself starts at $8000.00 and goes up from there. Pics to follow.

Please contact me by email dandersonr6forsale@gmail.com as I don't check PMs often. Thanks for taking the time to read this.[/b]

Junior Member Novice
    sold

Junior Member Novice
    sold

Junior Member Novice
    sold

Senior Member Expert
    holy shit what a bike!

Senior Member Expert
    Wow, awesome bike!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    are you "really" a ninja? :shock:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Junior Member Novice
    Yes! He's really a Ninja. Did you see his new video?
    Bump for a sweet bike!
    "If the camera adds ten pounds then hi res slo-mo adds humiliation"