Thread: Rider Rep Trophy Position - Needs to Be Filled!

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

Rider Rep Trophy Position - Needs to Be Filled!

Since nobody else ran for the RR Trophy position - and now it's been vacated due to Brownie's promotion to New Rider Director... we need a racing member to step up and fill Brownie's shoes.

If you are a "racing" member (not Associate Member) and have an interest in helping the MRA continue to be the best damn race club in America, then put together a bio/resume and shoot it to me via e-mail. mra21@hotmail.com

We will give interested candidates an opportunity to interview for the position at the next Board Meeting on December 6th.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

JohnGarc

I would like to nominate myself to Rider Rep Trophies...

Hi Folks,

I would like to be nominated for the Rider Rep Trophy Guy...

I believe with my passion to the club and the ability to actively engage and service every member in its entirety, I can fulfill the void at this position within the MRA. As a Rider Rep Trophy Guy, you will know that this position will be my first priority and racing will undoubtedly come second! I believe with my true passion, motivation, and drive plus my superior management skills, the MRA as a whole will benefit with me in 2011...

Cheers,

Junior Member Novice

Rider Rep Trophies!!!

Wuz Up!

My name is Jason Curdy, I'm going to throw my name in the hat for rider rep as well. I'm not going to bore everyone with a bunch of words since we have to face the board in December anyways

Thanks Curdy#446 (#9)

Senior Member Amateur

Re: I would like to nominate myself to Rider Rep Trophies...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGarc
    I believe with my passion to the club and the ability to service every member in its entirety...
    While I can't promise to "service every member", I do promise to put 100% effort into the rider rep "trophy" position.

With that being said, I'll be throwing my name into the hat as well...
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Senior Member Expert
    Information and interview information has been sent out to everyone who submitted a bio for the position. If you submitted a bio and did not receive an email from me please get in touch with me ASAP

Thanks

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Member Novice
    resume/application sent

My name is Aaron Fisk #125 and I would like to be considered for the Rider Rep Trophy position.
    Although I have only been racing for the past 2 years, I have been attending MRA events since the mid 90’s, when tire warmers were optional and many of the tracks no longer exist. Now, speaking as a racer, this is truly awesome and I hope to continue racing far into the future along with the MRA.
    I’ve been volunteering regularly for the MRA for several years now, but haven’t felt the need to talk about my contributions much. However now, for this position would like to briefly recap them below:
    • 2008 Awards Banquet assistance
    • 2009-2010 Provided bikes, equipment and time for numerous MRA volunteer events/shows
    o Hot Rod show, Swap Meet, multiple dealer open houses & events, etc….
    • 2010 Helped set up Air Fence at PPIR
    • 2010 Helped with others establish a safe line into Turn 1 at PPIR for MRA
    • 2010 Helped with track set up and logistics for PPIR and Pueblo events with new ownership
    • 2010 Helped work booth, and teardown for Hot Rod show with MRA

I would like to donate more time next year assisting at the novice school and with SuperStreet program. I make it a point to attend as many track days as possible and always go to the Friday day for the race weekend. I’d be available to help and encourage racers as a rider rep both on race day and on track days. I maintain an attractive pit environment and would be able to present and coordinate trophies well at our events. Being located in Denver I have good access to our trophy vendor and can easily schedule pick up or drop off as needed.
    In short I have enjoyed contributing to the MRA via the volunteer route and none of this would change. But if I really want to see the MRA excel, there is only one thing for me to do. Participate on the MRA board where I can really help contribute. I would love the opportunity to increase my contribution even more by working for you as a Rider Rep

Trophy Rep Work Plan:
    I’ve been a program manager for 10+ years at a high tech company and regularly work with new groups of people. I always represent myself professionally, and having been a motorcycle enthusiast for 25 years I’m very familiar with local shops and their needs in the current down economy. I’m prepared to visit each of our current class sponsors and review the benefits they receive by being associated with the MRA. I’ll actively seek out new class sponsors for any classes that are not renewed. Further, I look forward to cooperating with and supporting the MRA’s PR Rep and the VP in my position as Trophy Rep, as I understand these positions interact closely with our club sponsors throughout the year. I am very good at managing projects and would fit well with managing the Trophy duties through the year.
    Sure I can go into many details around my history with motorcycles, but I think we all have similar stories. Whether it was that 1st ride on PW50, RM50, RM125, or many street bikes I know I have been hooked. In short I love motorcycles and know that they will be a big part of my life as long as I can ride. I feel I am a safe rider, know my boundaries, yet keep trying to improve. I have taken many rider schools over the years and there is always something to learn. I feel that I can work with young new riders to answer their questions and help guide them as required. When called upon I can assist with our SuperStreet program or novice school. I have ridden out of state at other national tracks / clubs and yet still feel the MRA is a great place to be. Like the current MRA board members, I want to strive to make it better. I want the MRA to be around for many years to come.
    Hopefully I have provided some good info about myself to you and the board. I feel I have the passion, right attitude and know I can make a difference. Thanks for the opportunity and I hope to represent you soon as Trophy Rider Rep.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    We've got everyone scheduled for interviews. Application period is now CLOSED.

Thanks!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Your 2011 Board of Directors finalized:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtop...?p=72117#72117
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

JohnGarc
    Congratulations Aaron! I am sure the MRA will benefit from your duties next year...

And, thanks to all who granted me their time and efforts to allow me to apply for the position. Much appreciated...