Jim, thanks for highlighting my main reasoning for posting those numbers. The 03 and older Aprilia is well down on Hp/performance compared to the 675 and 848. Even more so from your personal experience with a fair amount of add-ons than the web numbers indicate. I would be very surprised if my '06.5 RSVR put out anywhere close to the 138hp that bikez.com lists. So web numbers are a bit of a grey area.
Having raced with some 848's, there is no straight line advantage between the 848 and RSVR. Only a weight disadvantage to the Aprilia when it comes to, well, everything else.

I'm looking forward to this class. I think it's a great idea to have, basically, a heavyweight weight twins + class. Parity within any class is a tough rule book to write. But looking at the line up, there might be 2 Aprilias for sale or trade for a 675. Please reconsider the cut off year for the Apes.

This message was approved by me, Casey Smith #75 for Thunderbike Parity, mostly because I'm bored and it snowed today. :twisted: