Quote Originally Posted by Scored51

This was proposed last year, was largely recommended by the attending rules committee, and was passed on to the board for ratification. What resulted in the rulebook was the expulsion of the TZ250 and the largest of the air cooled Ducati twins (+950cc) from LWGP. The Trumpet 675 was not allowed into STU because it said to "already qualified for eight other classes."
An R6 is already legal for every class except RORO (which it will be legal for next year most likely); how does that really matter how many other classes it can run in? A 749R is legal for all of the same classes and is arguably a faster motorcycle.

There seems to be interest in a MWThunderbike class which would entail 675s,748/9/853/848s/Peironbonbonbons/Buel/other Ducati-CrapBags(tm) as well as anyone from the LWTwins class that would want to play. The 675 may kick the crap out of all of the other bikes in there (especially when ridden by Brad), but I think a 675 versus a well ridden 848 or 749R (Shane) may give him a decent run. At least this proposed class is a great deal more level than a 749R versus a 650cc ladies sport touring machine.

I don't want to fix something that is not broken nor limit the classes the interesting and unique bikes can run in, but TwinsU was severely broken. These types of discussions are the step needed to grow and adapt as a club. I dislike Hot Carl as much as the next guy, but I think a "Formula Oddball" class would be hella cool. If anyone actually showed up and raced it.

(You can try and flip me off Carl, but we all know you can't do that with those casts on your fingers. How do you scratch your ass in the morning anyway?)

Oh, and a note to all new riders who don't know me: Twins, GP bikes, and all other bikes Ben Fox would coin a "turd" hold a special place in my heart and I say everything above with fun and respect. In fact, I would love to ride a 748R, 848, or 675 given the chance, just like everyone else on the grid yet are too embarrassed to admit it.