Hey Munch,

First things first, I edited the post in question, but it had nothing to do with the 749 R, it had to do with correcting a typo. The original post mentioned 999CC as the limit for the Air Cooled bikes, when the poster intended 990CC. He asked me to edit the post.

I want to say that I appreciate you bringing your objection. This is your club and you are a valued member of the club.

I posted the results of the rule change committee and the recommendations so that members COULD have a view of what the committee suggested to the board.

I'm not sure we've ever done that before, but it's part of the "more informed" MRA that I hope we continue to have.

Personally I've always viewed SuperTwins GTU as our MIDDLEWEIGHT twins class. LWGP is the LIGHTWEIGHT twins class in my humble opinion. Last year we made THAT class a safe haven for SV's by eliminating the 250GP bikes and large air cooled twins from the class.

As I thought more about this today (before I saw your post) I came up with the following question in my own mind: "Why are we kicking twins out of a class called SuperTwins?" Is a 749R a contender for a STO win against a 1098R? Riders being equal, no. Is a Pierobon F042 a contender for an STO win...see above. Is it the MRA's fault that SV riders CHOOSE to RACE UP into a middleweight class on their bike? No, it's no different than Dalton or Josh racing 600's up into ROR-O.

When the vote came to kick the Pierobon out it was inevitable that the 749R get booted too, as it's a more capable bike than the F042 is.

This vote also kicks out the 1000 SuperSport, which we have racing in our club.

The crux of this argument comes down to the following question:

"Is SuperTwins GTU a lightweight Twins Class or a Middleweight Twins Class?"

If we deem it to be a lightweight twins class then what is LWGP?

I realize that you wish to withdraw your objection, but I respectfully wish to continue the discussion.