Thread: Dunlop wins most championships!!

Senior Member Amateur

Dunlop wins most championships!!

It's official.... more champions had Dunlops shod bikes crossing the finish line this past weekend than any other tire brand!!!!!

In our first year in business with the MRA, Sol Performance and Dunlop Motorsports bring home 11 class championships!!

We were not expecting such awesome results but are very grateful for them. Congratulations to our 2010 MRA Dunlop champions!!!

Senior Member Expert
    Come on guys...

I know we are proud of "our" accomplishments, but please lets not pull blatant advertising stunts in the general section.

As this forum is provided free of charge to the MRA membership by those generous site sponsors at the top of this page, please contact me if you want to help me not be in the red on this little internet project of mine again this year.

Specific to this post, I am indeed glad Dunlop didn't pop any tires, Pirelli won the WSBK championship, and Michelin riders generally kicked ass across the country. 8)
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Amateur
    So much for not being blatant.

It's not my intention to impose on any posted rules about..well posting. If I have made an error then please feel free to move this thread into the appropriate venue.

I really do believe in giving back to the source of accomplishment. As evident of trying to start an award and by making food for racers at the track. I actually tried to donate to this forum as well but I was not able to verify how to do so. I would suggest at least some information on how to contribute in your FAQ section.

Again, I apologize if you take offense to the posting. I will remove the advertising part of the post to make amends.

Also, please send me information on how to contribute to your site.
    Thanks,
    Oscar

Senior Member Expert
    Congratulations on all the wins. I know there is some VERY good competition out there.
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Senior Member Amateur
    Congrats to all the dunlop champions!
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Hey Dave - . You forgot to mention that Bridgestone had an impressive number of MotoGP podiums this year.

Hey Oscar - thanks for the great support this year.

Member Amateur
    Congratulations on a great season!! You've been a great and welcomed addition to the MRA.

Senior Member Amateur

Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Hey Dave - . You forgot to mention that Bridgestone had an impressive number of MotoGP podiums this year.

Hey Oscar - thanks for the great support this year.
    Jim lets not forget there were a few wins on Dunnys in Moto 2, but really how can someone brag about a tire in a spec tire series, it means NOTHING at all. If we look back at when SBK went spec the lap times went in the toilet and while it was fun to watch blue tire smoke off of the corners they went slower, hell when they come to Miller they run a different course so no comparo can be made to other brands. Now Pirelli is a top flight tire they were not then.

Senior Member Expert
    That must be a real early pic of Galster since the bike is still perdy. :lol:

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    That must be a real early pic of Galster since the bike is still perdy. :lol:
    :lol: That was at the end of HWSB on Sunday. I think it was good lighting too.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks for the good words guys!! Seriously.

Yeah, the weekend that AMA was there with WSBK, I think that was the main reason for the different configurations. They did have some time with the same layout and let's just say they could have combined the grids if they really wanted to. Things have changed now for sure.

If we really want to point it out Bart, Dunlop has double the podiums that Bridgestone has every Moto GP weekend. :P However, I am a firm believer in the spirit of competition and that's definitely hard to accomplish with spec anything.

I know Josh had a some issues with the lowers just below where you took that picture wicky. (IE 2nd race at Pueblo this year) I am sure Josh is glad you didn't zoom that far out though. lol

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Performance
    I know Josh had a some issues with the lowers just below where you took that picture wicky. (IE 2nd race at Pueblo this year) I am sure Josh is glad you didn't zoom that far out though. lol
    They were looking ok in ROR-U. Mebbe I'm not looking hard enough.

Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    I think you are right Wicky. He switched out the lowers after the old one got sanded down by the track in race #7 not PMP Not perfect condition but WAY better than the state the old one was in. I forgot who but someone said he should have just use duct tape around his whole bike to keep it on. :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    The races between Josh and Dalton this last weekend were amazing. Multiple races determined by 1/100's of a second.

A great job by both of those riders and a great show for us watching!

Congrats to all the champions this year and thanks to the sponsors, vendors and others that support all of this happening.
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rybo
    Congrats to all the champions this year and thanks to the sponsors, vendors and others that support all of this happening.
    +1

:?:
    As a newb to the club, am I blind to some difference between this thread and Vanmar's "Message from Vanmar" thank you thread? They both are thanking the champs, they are both thanking the respective teams. I guess I don't get why Oscar gets singled out and jumped for 'advertising'. I guess I don't see a distinct difference in the two compared posts.

In any case, Thank you Oscar for making such a commitment to come out .

Thank you Tammy and Mark for always being so good to the MRA and racers.

In my book all of you are fine people. I enjoy the club, the people and the racing. This is becoming the newest High point in my life.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    I am happy to delete both threads at this point, so challenging the obvious here is not the greatest of ideas.

There are plenty of avenues to advertise product and service with this fantastic club. This "General" area is not one of them.

Senior Member Expert
    Instead of editing my post, I will simply add a new one:

The initial post that started this thread has been edited since it was initially posted. Initially the post read to me (and others) as an advertisement, complete with contact information and a call to action. My response was a candid plea to everyone.

No one is being singled out, and I do not need to "chill out". I honestly do not care who posted what; if it is an advertisement, I will call it out as one, even if it is an MRA Board member. I have nothing to gain nor lose with this simple request not to post slick attempts at advertising in the General area.

The reason for this is very simple: I do not and you do not want to wade through sales pitches while browsing the general area of the forum.

We have an area dedicated to the vendors that support the MRA where they can post whatever they like free of charge, and this is done to provide a way for vendors to reach out to our racing community no matter what budget they have.

I understand everyone enjoys a good old fashioned controversy, but really there is none here. All vendors that support the MRA are heros in my book, and Oscar and Dunlop are no different.

JohnGarc
    Dave you need several beers and Oscar thanks for the help during the season... Congratulations to Dunlop for showing up and giving their competition and support. Its nice to see there is competition in the club.

Cheers,
    John

Senior Member Expert
    Dave for my own part I will say I am sorry for the number of times that I have posted things that should have been in the vendor area, I will just say that is was never intentional but I honestly just don't always think it thru and post it here.
    Bartman

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGarc
    Dave you need several beers <snip>
    Dave doesn't need anything. The members need to respect the wishes and instructions of a person who provides this forum out of his own pocket.

Some may not realize this, but this forum is not owned or provided by the MRA, it is owned and provided (at a financial loss) by Dave Gallant. Let's not kick him in the nuts for doing it, mmmmkay?
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    Uh.. well I am not coming out from Iowa. That would be Rob with Lithium. That is a heck of a road trip and gas payment just to come out for the weekend!! I, however, come out from North Denver, but I do make it out there ALLLLL the way to the track too. :P

I do agree with you Rybo, it does take a whole club to make this happen and we have one of the finer clubs in the US. All the riders did an excellent job and I applaud you guys for going out there and living our own dreams. Not everyone has the drive of doing what you want as much as you do!!

As stated before this was a misunderstanding and I removed the infracting material, so it should be no harm nor foul now. My intentions was never to be "slick."

I understand Dave maintains this site however, if there are rules follow, we do not know what they are unless notified. As previously mentioned, I would suggest placing rules, that should apply to all members, and ways to donate in a conspicuous location. (just a suggestion) This way we may contribute to this outlet which is major catalyst for the growth of our club. Hopefully we can use this experience to help our club, and not hinder it.

Looking forward to a quick off season and prepping for another great year!!
    Oscar

Senior Member Expert
    Excellent discussion points and we all appreciate the feedback.

I have posted the following regarding this topic:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11934

I hope the above clarifies the intent as well as provides new opportunities to all of the great vendors that support our club. Lets start with the above link as a starting point and work forward from there finding ways to best promote non-intrusive advertising.

Senior Member Amateur
    Awesome! Thanks and very well written Dave!