Quote Originally Posted by Desmodromico
If we are trying to make this an SV class then keep it out by all means and ban the 749R as well (sorry Munch), however I thought that was what LWGP was for?

The reason I brought this up last year is there is no way in hell 90% of the club members could be competitive in NovU, AmU, or MWSB on an SV650, many could be on an 848 or 749R and thus make it a more attractive ride for those who want to race a twin and bring in more entries, plus the 749/748 could run a big bore and get a new lease on life as well. The real issue is not the twins it is having a bike that you can run in many classes and be competitive, and the 600's are so damn fast an SV is like a squirt gun in those classes. Shannon rides the wheels off his highly tricked out SV, but he wouldn't have won the last NovU race, so what does that say about where we stand with the bike?

Frankly the 848 would be significantly cheaper to run than a 749R, and those things are scarce anyhow. 848's are popping up like weeds for sale everywhere and I see them on the street all the time.

OH EMM GEEE! (Quoting Eric Cromer there)

I just smashed my soap-box in frustration, so I guess I have nothing to say other than proposing that the 2011 and up GSXR-1000 be henceforth allowed in colorado class. We can change the name of the class to ROR2 and kick some serious single cylinder azz!!!

Um, ever take the spirit of the class into consideration? :evil: