So it's been discussed a zillion times on these forums, but nobody's ever actually stepped up and done anything about it.

I think maybe it's time... for "Ninja 250 Spec Racing".

With some quick initial cost estimates I think you can run AN ENTIRE SEASON, including tires, gas, entry fees AND BIKE for between $4500 and $6500. :shock:

For the past several years COST has continually come up as a big deterrent to racing, and has cut people's racing seasons (and even careers) short. You spend $6500+ on a used 600, then $500 - $1000 per weekend, and then have to continually spend more and more to keep it competitive. If you could have the same amount of fun, on a playing field which is substantially leveled (you can only trick out a 250 so much...), for less than half the cost - would you do it?

I am contemplating putting together a small fleet of these bikes which would be available for rent/sale so people can see what the fun and excitement is all about... As the interest picks up, I'd get and prep more bikes for rent, and maybe we could eventually see grids like the 25 - 40 bikes they routinely get at AFM and WSMC in California.

So, the questions I'm curious about are:

Would you have interest in participating in a Ninja 250 Spec Race series?

Would you buy/build a Ninja 250?

Would you rent a Ninja 250 if it cost only $250 - $350 per weekend? (That's less than most of you spend on tires, by the way...)

Would it be an additional race to your current program, or would it replace you current steed?

If there is enough interest, I "might" possibly even be able to have them put together in time for the final round of the year at HPR to do a Demonstration Race and let people check them out up close and personal like...

So what do you say? Way Cool, Sorta Cool, Totally Gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), or what...?

There's room on the current raceday schedule to run them as a second wave to two classes, and they're already Colorado Class Legal... so there's nothing but more bikes on the grid and no downside that I can see.

Please chime in ..... now.