Quote Originally Posted by gsnyder828
Running my bone stock motored, SS prepped SV will cost me less than $6k this year - for the full season... including the bike.
I preached this right along side you Geoff. The problem lies in that you are not racing against other 650s. You are racing against 673s or 690s with megacycle cams and falicon cranks. You might have 160 DOTs on your bike, but the 749R next to you on the grid is setting on 16.5 slicks.

The point of the 250s is that it would be so ridiculous to overbore the thing or put Marchesinis on it that this might be a class that actually has a decent chance of staying "Supersport".

Yup; the bikes are ridiculously slow, especially at altitude. Yup; I would rather ride a bone stock SV650. Unfortunately, no one can resist not spending themselves into bankruptcy even when they race a ladies sport tourer.

I will race a damn tricycle if someone will line up against me and I can afford to do so, and if it takes a 250 for me to be able to do so AND AFFORD TO DO SO COMPETITIVELY, sign me up.

(this is also why the 50/100cc minis have always been so appealing to me, so possibly I am odd man out here...)