I race a 99 sv that is close to stock. I average 400.- per weekend, spending around 3500.- per year. That includes tires, food, fuel, water, race fee's and everything. I bought a used set of take-offs at the last round of last year and they are finally shot now. I run 5 races per weekend. STGTO, LWE, LWGP, STGTO and MVU. I could go faster if I wasn't so damn stingy on tires. And yes, I should have replaced them a little sooner since I crashed Sunday due to tires that I reduced to greased poop. Yep, I am frequently dismally out gunned, but Sunday I had the most fun I have had in recent memory banging bars for 5 laps with Anthony on his 1198s Duc. (Right up until I wadded it up). I bet he had more than 100 hp on me. Like Dave said, gimme a tricycle and I'll race you.

Replace clip on and master cylinder reservoir, un-tweak rearset and a little glass work and I will be back on the grid for pueblo for around 100.- .

I probably wouldn't race the 2fiddy class for the simple reason that it isn't realistically going to be any cheaper than I already am, and nowhere near the seat time or speed.

That said, I am all for anything that makes the club more money and puts more people on the track! YAY RACING!!!!