Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
I want the #1 plate to go to the girl who's consistently the fastest.
I agree with you completely! However, the riders in ROR-O are not the fastest riders. None of the absoute track records currently held in this club were set in an ROR race. (note: I will need a little help from JenJen to verify ST's record at PMP in '04 - but all others were set in either Open SuperSport or SuperBike.)

Quote Originally Posted by rybo
As a general rule I think awarding the top ten plates to the winners of our premier class has been the right way to go. The best riders on the fastest bikes period.
- With the above statement, are they the fastest?
- What makes the GTO riders "more premier" than the GTU competitors since we don't give them special plates?
- What if a Clubman Championship can raise the entry fees per rider?

When Charlie Johnson gave that great presentation to the MRA about running a CB160 class, he said that it didn't matter who the riders were in their club where it originated (fast, slow, big bike, little bike). They ran the class in order to score more points towards a clubman type of championship. That sounds like more race registration revenue. It is also another opportunity to sell sponsorship of the program and generate greater contingency for the club. Maybe all of this can be accomplished for the coming year by our killer team of PR and selling volunteers. If voted into the rulebook, it could be another no-cost idea like Super Street that ended up raising more money for the club.

I'm not suggesting the club cuts into any of the prize money offered to ROR-O riders. However, it is evident with an average grid of only 15 this season and only 4 riders using a top ten plate in the class; the interest in assigning the numbers 1-10 in ROR-O mostly resides in those not lining up on the grid.