IF Clubman Top X THEN Green Number ELSE Black Number

To identify a racer's classification:
    IF Green Plate and Black Number THEN Clubman Champion and Class Champion
    IF Green Plate and White Number THEN Clubman Champion

IF Black Plate and Green Number THEN Class Champion and Clubman Top X
    IF Black Plate and White Number THEN Class Champion

IF White Plate and Green Number THEN Clubman Top X
    IF White Plate and Black Number THEN no distinction
    I calculate a McCabe cyclomatic complexity of Chris' post as 15 and think it should be refactored. Anyone else?

Senior Member Amateur
    Actually Jim, it comes out to 17. If it had been 15, then yes, refactoring would have been in order, but 17, being prime, precludes that. Do you see this now?

Senior Member Amateur
    I have another idea! Let's just ditch the top ten plates!!! The only number allowed to the RORO champ is the number 1. Everybody else runs their own friggen number (sorry Otis). Allow 2-10 to be given out just like any other number, fist come first served.

Max Biaggi always runs the number 3, Josh Hayes the number 4, etc.

OR just award the top 5 in RORO. Then award 6-10 to the top RORU riders.

Chris, I understand your theory of more revenue with the clubman #1 plate but... If we want more revenue in our club it needs to be new money like super street. By that I mean a new group of people and not just taxing the same people over and over for more money. If we want more; let's quit shuffling the same deck of cards! As we can all see by the numbers that we have more success when we have more racers. Not less racers spending more money.

Adding a formula 40 class, changing the top ten plate structure, adding lightweight SS or SB, changing the twins displacement or slipper clutch rules aren't going to get 100 new potential racers out of the canyons or the street and into our club. Super street started the change now where do we go next? How do we attract more people to our club. I think the Ninja 250 spec class is a good step. $60 endurance races are popular. Why? Because people can afford that.

I better stop before I cause too much trouble, Jeff

glenngsxr
    late to the party here, but a couple of things stick out immediately.

What about the folks who work at shops? Most of them can't make Saturdays and therefore, are already disadvantaged in reaching a top ten plate.

I guess in my mind I don't buy the increased number of entry fees argument. I don't think the average racer is thinking they are gonna empty their wallet and sign up for as much racing as possible so they can secure a top ten plate because at that point, what does the top ten plate even mean??? It means that you are willing to spend more money to go race at this level. Has nothing to do with being an Ironman or anything like that.

My vote is to leave the rules as they stand. This is a seriously competitive sport and I don't like the idea of giving out participation rewards.

Senior Member Expert
    Not late, wrong day. This was vote down dang near unanimously (I had to stick my hand up because I proposed it) and I can't see it changing at the board meeting to ratify the rules. Don't worry, the top ten plates will safely rest with those in ROR-O in 2011.

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scored51
    Don't worry, the top ten plates will safely rest with those in ROR-O in 2011.
    Actually thats not what we decided at the meeting for top 10 plates if you recall.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Actually thats not what we decided at the meeting for top 10 plates if you recall.
    Yes sir. It was however the simple answer since it is all tide up with the Race of the Rockies changes yet to be fleshed out by the Board of Directors. I hope I haven't overstepped any bounds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123