I guess I should weigh in since I inadvertently kicked all this off with my not so serious hope of running the #3 plate next year...

I'm sort of a purist and think that the top 10 plate should go for the premier class. The problem I see with the MRA is that there isn't a premier class at the moment. Right now there are only 10 riders in RORO who've shown up for the 1st 5 races. So mere participation in one class could feasibly earn someone a top 10 plate... that isn't very elite. On top of that, arguably lots of the best riders are in RORU...

If we get rid of RORU and go to a combined ROR - I like the status quo.

That said, I like the idea of driving additional participation & revenue through awarding top 10 plates for "overall" points leaders.

I'd expect we'd see some solid riders start riding some of the softer classes as well - filling up those grids in an effort to make points. That might not be so good for me and my SV though... ops:

I'll have to think about it... but if the rule is made retroactive, and I'm allowed to run a single digit next year - you've got my vote 8) . :mrgreen: