View Poll Results: What is the best solution for the cancelled Hastings event?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Essentially do nothing - skip the cancelled race and have an 8 race season instead of 9 races

6 8.96%
  • Make the September 9/10 race at Hastings a double header

5 7.46%
  • Make the September 23/24 race at Pueblo (the season finale) a double header

23 34.33%
  • Reschedule the cancelled event for October 7/8 in Hastings (no more double headers this year)

33 49.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hastings Solution?

Senior Member Expert

Hastings Solution?

I got some input from the board and a few members at the sparsely attended general meeting tonight and need some more input on this decision, please choose what you would like to do.

The "double header" options means having a weekend exactly like we did at Miller with the Sunday schedule being run both days, no endurance races or extended morning practice on Saturday.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Hastings was keeping the Friday before our weekend reserved for practice all day. If that's the case then lets do a double header there. It'll make more money for the club and cost less for the racers than having to spend money traveling to another weekend there in Oct.

Senior Member Expert
    I'm sure I can arrange for Friday practice, but not everyone can take that Friday off to be there. Those people may rather spend the incremental costs of an additional trip (it also spreads out the costs of additional tires and entry fees).

There are pros and cons to each option, and everyone gets a vote.

And please remember that this "vote" is quite informal and is for informational purposes only. It does not bind me to any of the options, I just want some feedback.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Member Amateur
    Since I moved to Spokane, WA, I wasn't planning on attending any more MRA events this year, although if there was anouther Double Header weekend I would probably attend as it woudl be two events, with one travel expence!! I voted for one of the double header options!!
    Rick Engstrom
    MRA #997
    02` R6 Race,
    05` R6 Street,
    06` R6 RACE

Junior Member Novice
    The first Hastings event is a Kawasaki money day. If we push the event to a later day at Hastings or a double header at Pueblo will that carry over?

Senior Member Expert
    I could double check with Tony, but according to both the MRA and Kawasaki websites the July date at Hastings was NOT a Kawasaki money date. The September Hastings date IS a Kawasaki money date.
    The GECCO

Junior Member Novice

Hastings vote

I'm a little partial to moving this to later in the season as Miller caused me a little more pain than originally thought - broken clavicle and bruised ribs. Having it in October should allow me one more race weekend before the end of the season. If not, I'm out for the season.

Still can't remember what the heck happened. Anyone an eye witness to the warm up lap for Amatuer GTU Sunday at Miller? :shock:

Member Amateur

Re: Hastings vote

Quote Originally Posted by kjslash

Still can't remember what the heck happened. Anyone an eye witness to the warm up lap for Amatuer GTU Sunday at Miller? :shock:
    Freakin making the rest of us sit in the blistering heat with are leathers on in the staging area is the Eyewitnessing that I saw!!!
    Rick Engstrom
    MRA #997
    02` R6 Race,
    05` R6 Street,
    06` R6 RACE

Junior Member Novice
    That hurts worse than my back. Thanks.

If it makes it any better I wasn't any more comfortable laying in the sun in full leathers. However, the nurses in Tooele were nice to have around. Hope I never have to visit again.

Member Amateur
    It is cool, I was just kidding, I heard an Amature came in underneith you and took you out. But I don't know I just heard about it!! What all happened to you!! Hope you get well soon, sorry to hear about you getting hurt!!
    Rick Engstrom
    MRA #997
    02` R6 Race,
    05` R6 Street,
    06` R6 RACE

Member Amateur
    I'm personally up for either making Pueblo or the other event in Hastings a doubleheader. My reasoning is on cost alone. My preference would be to race a doubleheader in Pueblo because of the smaller travel required meaning less money spent, and the fact that I know what I'm doing in Pueblo and I think everyone else in the club does too. Plus going back out to Hastings would add all the travel expenses again and make everyting that much more expensive over just doing a doubleheader and cutting travel expenses, and time off work in half. But I'm personally just thinking about it on the extremely tight budget that I have to race on.
    Phat-X Racing
    MRA # 660

Senior Member Expert
    Phat-X Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:48 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm personally up for either making Pueblo or the other event in Hastings a doubleheader. My reasoning is on cost alone. My preference would be to race a doubleheader in Pueblo because of the smaller travel required meaning less money spent, and the fact that I know what I'm doing in Pueblo and I think everyone else in the club does too. Plus going back out to Hastings would add all the travel expenses again and make everyting that much more expensive over just doing a doubleheader and cutting travel expenses, and time off work in half. But I'm personally just thinking about it on the extremely tight budget that I have to race on.
    I second that.
    MRA #626
    DARC Racing
    Bridgestone Tires
    Factory Trained Auto Repair

Senior Member Amateur
    i wonder what the average temp / weather is like in Hastings in October. looks it up... avg high is 70 deg, seems reasonable to me
    josh

Member Novice
    Tumbleweed Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:48 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Phat-X Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:48 am Post subject:

I second that.
    I third that
    Sean

MRA #537

Senior Member Expert
    I third that
    "You can't triple stamp a double stamp Lloyd"
    MRA #626
    DARC Racing
    Bridgestone Tires

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by bwjunkie
    i wonder what the average temp / weather is like in Hastings in October. looks it up... avg high is 70 deg, seems reasonable to me
    josh
    Weather is fine that time of year, we raced at MAM in Iowa Oct 14th last year and it was quite nice.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    double header at pueblo.
    seann jordan
    mra/usgpru/ccs/asra #137

Senior Member Amateur
    double header at la Junta in memory of Gene :cry:

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    A double header helps the financial solvency of the club. With all the added costs of travel dates this year, I voted double header at Hastings.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Member Novice
    One of the things I would like the board to consider when making this decision is the lack of practice at a new track if a double header were scheduled at hastings. It seems there were a lot of crashes out at Miller, particularly in the Novice classes that resulted in people being taken to the hospital (I being one of them). After talking to a few people who seen my crash and going through it in my head, along with witnessing lines of other riders (and some of my own), I've come to the conclusion (certainly just my opinion of course) that many of the Novices had difficulty finding the correct race lines in the practice time alotted and this could have been a major factor in those crashes.

Jim
    01 RC51
    Morse Racing Products
    1888FastLap.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBos617
    One of the things I would like the board to consider when making this decision is the lack of practice at a new track if a double header were scheduled at hastings.
    This was a concern of mine as well. :?
    Bob - #46
    MRA President (2024) - Vice President (2022-2023)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan
    Colorado Sportbike Club | 4 Horsemen Racing | R.I.P. 502
    Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end!

Senior Member Expert
    A thought... What about having some carefully-chosen experts go out either in the first lap or two of novice practice, or possibly in a novice-only session on Friday, to do some lead and follow for those who want to see what the race line should be? Obviously too late for Miller (or the season, since I get the feeling Hastings will not be a double header), but a thought for the future.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    I understand the concern about having a hard time learning the track for a double header and I agree. But please lay off the Novices. We aren't all completely retarded and I'm pretty sure I'm not just passing novices in the amateur races. Just some thought on slamming the novices. I'm pretty sure Bruce Browning ran 1:36's at miller and 53's at La Junta and he is a novice.

I know you all want to slam me for saying this but I think it is offensive to always look at the novices as losers. Just remember as retarded as we all are you were all here at one time and we are the future of the MRA.
    MRA #626
    DARC Racing
    Bridgestone Tires

Relax Chris - no one is laying into the novices - this point of conversation was brought up by a Novice, and he said
    I've come to the conclusion (certainly just my opinion of course) that many of the Novices had difficulty finding the correct race lines in the practice time alotted
    He didn't say all novices.

Crashing sucks, and if it happens on the first day of a double-header weekend, it can ruin your whole weekend, even moreso if you travelled hours just to be there. If we can figure out a way to minimize the crashing, by offering something like what Ralph mentioned to those riders that want it (perhaps even some expert riders might be interested), then that could potentially make it a more enjoyable weekend for everybody.
    Bob - #46
    MRA President (2024) - Vice President (2022-2023)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan
    Colorado Sportbike Club | 4 Horsemen Racing | R.I.P. 502
    Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end!

Senior Member Expert
    Crashing sucks, and if it happens on the first day of a double-header weekend, it can ruin your whole weekend, even moreso if you travelled hours just to be there. If we can figure out a way to minimize the crashing, by offering something like what Ralph mentioned to those riders that want it (perhaps even some expert riders might be interested), then that could potentially make it a more enjoyable weekend for everybody.
    I couldn't agree more. Sorry for the outburst. ops:
    MRA #626
    DARC Racing
    Bridgestone Tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast