View Poll Results: What is the best solution for the cancelled Hastings event?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Essentially do nothing - skip the cancelled race and have an 8 race season instead of 9 races

6 8.96%
  • Make the September 9/10 race at Hastings a double header

5 7.46%
  • Make the September 23/24 race at Pueblo (the season finale) a double header

23 34.33%
  • Reschedule the cancelled event for October 7/8 in Hastings (no more double headers this year)

33 49.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hastings Solution?

Senior Member Amateur
    The :50ish minutes of practice we had at Miller was probably a factor in there being so many crashes especially on Sat in practice and the novice classes, but I think that wouldn't be an issue at Hastings because they reserve the entire day prior to a race weekend for open practice.

There are plenty of racers in the MRA who seem to have Pueblo and La Junta worked out very well, but when you throw them a new track the results get scrambled a bit. I think the new tracks we're going to this year really help to show who the fastest riders are on a level playing field and not just who has a billion laps at Pueblo. If I was a novice I'd be all for it. :wink:

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    I'd never seen the track before, didn't practice on Friday, only got 5 laps of practice on Saturday - and I still won my race, so I don't see what the big deal is. Ok, so I was the only one in the race - what are you saying?? :wink:

I've been an Expert since 1990, and I'm still retarded - you can ask anyone and they'll corroborate that! Some folks pick up tracks faster than others, regardless of their license status.

More practice would be better for sure, but I also think that each of you have a responsibility to not "over-ride" your abilities/track knowledge.

There were way more of us who DIDN'T know the track and DIDN'T crash.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Member Amateur
    Part of racing is knowing how to read and learn tracks. I am a novice, and I had no trouble learning the track. I think a lot of the Novices need to step back and think before they turn the throttle. Yeah we all want to go as fast as possible, but if your not comfotable with the track, is a few places at the end of the race worth wrecking your bike??? I would much rather drop back a few places than wreck and go to the hospital.

In no way is it the tracks fault, or the lack of practice on a particular track that causes accidents. I haven't gotten to ride any of the tracks prior to racing in the MRA circuit since I have lived over 600 miles from any given track since I first got my licence with the MRA. This shouldn't be a deciding factor in picking a track!!!
    Rick Engstrom
    MRA #997
    02` R6 Race,
    05` R6 Street,
    06` R6 RACE

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by cu260r6
    The :50ish minutes of practice we had at Miller was probably a factor in there being so many crashes especially on Sat in practice
    saturday practice a ton of people entered "novice fast", so they must know the track already?

the announcers mentioned at least 5 times on sunday how smooth everything had gone. there was one major crash that i know of where someone got sent away, and i believe that was a practice as well, or a warm up lap. anyway, since we were able to stay on the tight schedule and not cancel any classes, then perhaps everything is just fine the way it is.

josh

Member Amateur
    This shouldn't be a deciding factor in picking a track!!!

Did I miss something :-s ...I thought the posts before yours were asking for help...not diff tracks :?: :?:

I interpreted it as "This shouldn't be a deciding factor in picking a track (at which to hold a double-header event)". *shrug* Dunno :?
    Bob - #46
    MRA President (2024) - Vice President (2022-2023)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan
    Colorado Sportbike Club | 4 Horsemen Racing | R.I.P. 502
    Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end!

Senior Member Expert
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12