It sounds like you're very interested in getting going, so let me just throw out a couple of thoughts.

For SuperStreet the prep is minimal. Basically what you're required to do is the same as what you need for a track day: no glycol based coolant (water works just fine) and take up the mirrors. So the good news is you have plenty of time to take care of that and save up so scratch for the race bike.

As far as actual racing, I think the minimum you will need is:
- race bodywork (about $800 or so new) because your underbelly must be able to hold about 3 liters of fluid in the event of an engine failure and the stock plastic won't typically meet that requirement.
- a steering damper ($300-600 or so)
- stronger engine case cover ($200)
- safety wired bolts and caps for any opening that contains liquid ($50 + time to drill the bolts)

You'd almost certainly want rearsets like Woodcraft or similar. These aren't a requirement as far as I know but undoubtedly are an item to look at replacing.

Clipons and bars to make replacement easy in the event of a crash

Beyond that, it's then things like new suspension components and / or suspension tuning, brakes (pads, stainless lines), and possibly a dyno tune to ensure you're running in a good state of tune. I assume of course you've already accounted for a power commander or similar module and an aftermarket exhaust.

Once you have paid off that Visa bill, maybe you want to look at a better brake master cylinder (Brembo is probably the gold standard). The 08 R6 has a slipper clutch but maybe it would be an area to look at upgrading. And finally, FINALLY I think I would start looking at engine parts - ways to remove smog crap if you can, an ignition advancer, and velocity stacks come to mind. That $250 or so would get you around the track marginally quicker - and I mean MARGINALLY.

Everything I have been told and read says you will be faster QUICKER by improving stopping (braking) and bouncing (suspension) first. Followed up with lots of time at the track. And some coaching / advice / schooling.

Welcome to the addiction!