Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4-Hour Endurance Race Solo vs Team Entry

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    To be clear, myself and the MRA board absolutely agree that this is a "real" race. And while everyone is going to have fun, we all agree to treat the 4-Hour Endurance as seriously and respectfully as every other race on the schedule.
    Awesome, thanks.
    After the board received feedback that some riders don't like this event, we were concerned about attendance.
    I really do know how much grief the board gets - but this strikes me as strange. How can people already not like this event? We haven't even done it yet! Hmmm.. this is bringing back supermoto memories for me .. :-(
    If the membership doesn't like it we won't do it next year. If the racers enjoy it, it will be brought back in 2011. Sound good?
    Perfect. I really do hope this is a hugely successful event and the turnout is really good! I've only done 3 team endurance races and I've had a ton of fun every time.

Senior Member Expert
    Personally, I think this will be one of the greatest race weekends for 2010 not only for spectators but also riders.

I haven't run a relay since the 4X100 in High School ops:
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    I really do know how much grief the board gets - but this strikes me as strange. How can people already not like this event? We haven't even done it yet!
    In fairness the 30 Minute Solo Endurance classes are some of our most popular races. On any weekend around half the racers in the paddock are signed up for one of the solo endurance grids. So not having the usual format affects a lot of people. Hopefully this one weekend event will be fun for the regular endurance racers and also get those who don't normally run endurance to join in.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos13
    Personally, I think this will be one of the greatest race weekends for 2010 not only for spectators but also riders.

Casey what's the name of your team?
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Amateur
    I agree that this will be really fun for everyone involved but as far as spectating goes, endurance races are pretty hard to watch! Anyways, I will be there running solo, call it what you want; racing, practice, etc. but I am doing it for fun, which I imagine is the same reason we are all entering. Point being, we are all competitive (hence why we race rather than do trackdays) and whether we are practicing getting faster or competing for the win, I don't think anyone will be out there putting around getting in everyones way... at least not on purpose
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos13

Casey what's the name of your team?
    The young and not so youngbloods?

Junior Member Novice
    transponders are sensitive to distance from track surface when passing over the scoring loop. Our Transponder King Chris Dale warned against putting a transponder in your jacket breast pocket--could be too high and miss being timed. I've zipped a transponder into the under sleeve of my leathers and been scored before, but I'd be scared to crash on it.
    Thanks for all the info... looks like we'll have a few of us from SMRI coming up to participate. From this comment on transponder, will those mounted on top of the tail section or on the fork tube near the triple clamp work?

Also... I'm assuming the transponders being used are the AMB ones? I have a TranX 260.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom21
    Thanks for all the info... looks like we'll have a few of us from SMRI coming up to participate. From this comment on transponder, will those mounted on top of the tail section or on the fork tube near the triple clamp work?
    We normally mount them on a fork leg between the triple clamps. This is the most protected area on the bike during "an unexpected event". However, I'm sure that some creativity is going to creep into this race since cutting a transponder off it's bracket and transferring it to another bike with clip and safety wire will seem to take too long.

Be forewarned that it will be the racer's responsibility to safely mount the transponder so the system picks it up on EVERY lap. During the endurance the club will be relying on the transponder system more than usual due to the length of this race. I'm guessing the leaders will copmlete more than 100 laps, and it will be nearly impossible to find where the needle should have been in a haystack that large.

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom21
    Also... I'm assuming the transponders being used are the AMB ones? I have a TranX 260.
    Yep. That's the ticket! See you all at the end of the month.

Senior Member Expert
    Anyone got a count for the solo class? I also take it it will be permissible to swing into hot pits to slam a bottle of water and a redbull when needed?
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Amateur
    Well you will have to stop quite a few times for gas regardless..
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyt328
    I don't think anyone will be out there putting around getting in everyones way... at least not on purpose
    Hey! I resemble that comment... ops:
    Dave

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    Anyone got a count for the solo class? I also take it it will be permissible to swing into hot pits to slam a bottle of water and a redbull when needed?
    Pit as often as needed. Overheating could be a factor for both bikes and riders in the solo class, we DO NOT want solo guys suffering from heatstroke! Plan ahead, overload yourself with water in the days leading up to the race, lay off the booze, have lots of drinks and fans and cold towels ready in the pit. Also don't cook your motor, watch the temp gauge.

This event is going to rule! :lol:
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

lay off the booze,

Guess this leaves Tony out! :roll: :lol: :lol:
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    lay off the booze,

Well I figured since Tony's on a team he only has to limp around the track for a session or two. :wink:
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    lay off the booze,

Whatever! :roll:

My bike RUNS on methanol - but since it's not legal to put in my gas tank (per MRA rulebook), I have to expel it from my lungs directly into the air intakes... works like a CHAMP! :lol:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    lay off the booze,

My bike RUNS on methanol - but since it's not legal to put in my gas tank (per MRA rulebook), I have to expel it from my lungs directly into the air intakes... works like a CHAMP! :lol:
    NOW you tell me! No wonder your so fast on that TZ. I knew I was doing something wrong.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt328
    Well you will have to stop quite a few times for gas regardless..
    What? No in flight refueling?
    Randall "Snowman" Turner
    MRA No.427 - Honda CBR600rr Fireblade

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    lay off the booze,

NOW you tell me! No wonder your so fast on that TZ. I knew I was doing something wrong.
    Ray Ray you should try a little methane injection, not sure how to work out the delivery system but I think that might work even better then Tonys whiskey boost. Just need to eat lots of borritos. :lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    Ray Ray you should try a little methane injection, not sure how to work out the delivery system but I think that might work even better then Tonys whiskey boost. Just need to eat lots of borritos. :lol:
    On the TZ, seems like it'd be a pretty short route from the "source" though hole in the seat, into the airbox. Maybe regulate it with a flapper valve?

Junior Member Novice
    Tony - beverage alcohol is enthanol, methanol (wood alcohol) is a deadly poison, and could kill your brain. :P

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Racer
    Tony - beverage alcohol is enthanol, methanol (wood alcohol) is a deadly poison, and could kill your brain. :P
    THAT explains EVERYTHING!
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    Can we get some clarifications on the rules for pit lane, refueling, generators, etc??
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by random hero
    Can we get some clarifications on the rules for pit lane, refueling, generators, etc??
    Go here .. http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10333

Senior Member Expert
    And congratulations goes out to Applesauce, who read the text, followed directions and is now sponsored for Iron Man Endurance as of 6.31 this morning!
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by froth
    And congratulations goes out to Applesauce, who read the text, followed directions and is now sponsored for Iron Man Endurance as of 6.31 this morning!
    Does that mean that he is required to wear the venerable "Sponge Butt Shorts"?
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast