Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-Hour Endurance Race Solo vs Team Entry

Senior Member Expert

4-Hour Endurance Race Solo vs Team Entry

Round 5 at High Plains Raceway, Saturday July 31st, will include the Toyota Trucks 4-Hour Endurance Race. We'll have two categories, Team Endurance and "Iron Butt" Solo 4-Hour Endurance. :shock: We will NOT run the LW/MW and HW/Open Solo Endurance races at Round 5.

For those who may not want to participate in a 4 hour race, we encourage you to consider using this event for high quality practice. The Toyota Trucks 4-Hour Endurance Race is $60/rider, whether you form a team or enter as a solo racer. If you sign up as a solo rider you get 4 full hours of race pace track time for your $60. And of course if you're feeling good once you get started, there will be 1st 2nd and 3rd place trophies for the "Iron Butt" Solo category. :twisted:

Compared to $90 for half of the Friday track day--and not forgetting your regular Saturday morning practice sessions which are included with race entry--this event will be the best value of the 2010 season!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    Thats an easy way to skip friday practice.

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm paid for the solo but there was nothing in registration that noted solo or team. I'm guessing that'll be handled internally somehow? That said, any way to keep tabs on who's doing solo or team?

I've heard of tons of teams, but no one doing solo. Just wondering who's going it alone.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by phildrummond
    I'm paid for the solo but there was nothing in registration that noted solo or team. I'm guessing that'll be handled internally somehow? That said, any way to keep tabs on who's doing solo or team?

I've heard of tons of teams, but no one doing solo. Just wondering who's going it alone.
    Yep we're going to have a form to group teams for this event. At this point we're still sorting out the technical details of scoring, more info to come.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Amateur
    While we're at it, more info on the pit rules, if you have them. Wondering things like how soon we can set up on hot pit, will we need more pit passes for crew and when to get them. If we're allowed generators in the pits for wheel swaps or do they have to be warming in the paddock and brought over? Are EZ Ups allowed?

That kinda stuff. I didn't see it elsewhere in the forums.

Thanks in advance to the board for coordinating this event. -As if you weren't busy enough on Saturday.
    Tom
    MRA #416

JohnGarc
    Will there be food and beverage stations in each turn? lol j/k...

Senior Member Expert
    I've heard of at least 2 other guys who are making a serious run at the Solo category. I'll let them chime in on their own. 8)
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by phildrummond

Marty has been kicking around the idea of doing it solo....
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

President Expert
    Hell I might just do it solo.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Grubbs is running solo but I dont know how much time I am actually going to ride.

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by racedk6
    Grubbs is running solo but I dont know how much time I am actually going to ride.
    Grubbs this is actual racing during the day, not riding your scooter on the track at night.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    I need to start referring to myself in the 3rd person... :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Looks like Casey will also be running the endurance but on a team. 4 hours solo is just CRAZY :shock:
    Casey D

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    I've heard that Tony is going to participate as well - possibly even on multiple teams, cause that's how he rolls... :lol:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by gsnyder828
    Thats the only way to do it! :shock:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Grubbs this is actual racing during the day, not riding your scooter on the track at night.
    I do alright at racing during the day!

The dont call me midnight moto for no reason! :shock:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by gsnyder828
    Thats the only way to do it! :shock:
    Well OK then!

G-Off is doing the 4hr solo...

Ray won't be racing because..... well who the eff wants a 9 finger slow a$$ mo fo on their team! NOBODY! :roll:
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Junior Member Novice
    Hey guys... got a few questions about this Endurance race. Looking at getting a few buddies to come up with me from SMRI. I've been wanting to do this track for a while now.

So...
    • I'll be bringing my family (4 yr old and 7 month old). Is there areas for them to ride bikes? Shade? Facilities?
    • Do you know if pits will be open Thurs night to be able to camp?
    • What time does the practice/race start on Sat? Is there practice on Sat?
    • Can Novice & Expert be on the same team? Is it one race, or one for Nov and one for Exp?

Thanks for the answers... sorry so many questions.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom21
    Hey guys... got a few questions about this Endurance race. Looking at getting a few buddies to come up with me from SMRI. I've been wanting to do this track for a while now.

So...
    • I'll be bringing my family (4 yr old and 7 month old). Is there areas for them to ride bikes? Shade? Facilities?
    • Can Novice & Expert be on the same team? Is it one race, or one for Nov and one for Exp?

I can answer a couple questions:

No kids on wheels while the track is hot. They are working on building a play ground area but I don't know the status yet. Shade is only available under a cloud or canopy.

Saturday morning practice begins at 8am and runs til 11am. It will be followed by an endurance qualifying session.

Expert and Novice can be on the same team. There will be no seperation, only one race including all riders of skill level and bike size.
    Casey D

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    Ray won't be racing because..... well who the eff wants a 9 finger slow a$$ mo fo on their team! NOBODY! :roll:

LIE LIE LIE!

Tony has a 9 finger slow a$$ mo fo on his team! so he the 'eff must want one!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins

LIE LIE LIE!

CHEATER :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom21

So...

We look forward to having you up for this event! I talked to Glenn the HPR track manager about Thursday night camping. He said no unless the racers are willing to pay the overnight security cost themselves, that's $200 for Thursday night. That might be worth it if there were enough people to split the security cost.

An alternative is the Strasburg KOA Kampground maybe 20 minutes away, here's the website:

http://www.campdenver.com/

HPR will host the Friday track day for this event, it's $150 to ride full day or $90 for half day either morning or afternoon. There WILL be Friday night camping allowed.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins

LIE LIE LIE!

CHEATER :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Its only cheating if you get caught, oh wait thats my job to catch you cheating bastards.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quick questions with probably obvious answers...

First, if I decide to run this 4-hour deal solo, can I run multiple bikes? If so, I'm assuming it isn't bike based, but transponder based correct? Simply put the transponder in my suit and run?

Second, if solo I'm assuming the winner will simply be the guy (or gal) with the most laps correct? I can't imagine it will come down to the same number of laps with time coming into play.

Finally, there will be a trophy for solo 1st - 3rd correct? This is separate from the trophies that I'm assuming will be presented for team endurance 1st - 3rd correct?

PS... For those of you crazy enough to run this thing alone, are you running one set of tires? Street DOT's or what?

PPS... I can't imagine there will be any contingency for this correct?

PPPPPPPPSSSSS... Sorry for all of the questions and even sorrier if some of them have already been answered.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast