Quote Originally Posted by Axiom21
Thanks for all the info... looks like we'll have a few of us from SMRI coming up to participate. From this comment on transponder, will those mounted on top of the tail section or on the fork tube near the triple clamp work?
We normally mount them on a fork leg between the triple clamps. This is the most protected area on the bike during "an unexpected event". However, I'm sure that some creativity is going to creep into this race since cutting a transponder off it's bracket and transferring it to another bike with clip and safety wire will seem to take too long.

Be forewarned that it will be the racer's responsibility to safely mount the transponder so the system picks it up on EVERY lap. During the endurance the club will be relying on the transponder system more than usual due to the length of this race. I'm guessing the leaders will copmlete more than 100 laps, and it will be nearly impossible to find where the needle should have been in a haystack that large.

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom21
Also... I'm assuming the transponders being used are the AMB ones? I have a TranX 260.
Yep. That's the ticket! See you all at the end of the month.