Thread: Ducati Motor Club "OIL SPILL"- July 25, 2010

Member Novice

Ducati Motor Club "OIL SPILL"- July 25, 2010

DUCATI MOTOR CLUB IS PROUD TO BE A SPONSOR OF THE 2010 MRA MODERN VINTAGE GTO CLASS.

Please be sure to join us on July 25, 2010 (MotoGP Laguna Seca) for our annual do-it-yourself "oil spill" event. We will be broadcasting live and pre-recorded Laguna Seca practice, qualifying, and races from AMA, Moto2, and MotoGP. Breakfast and lunch included.

Details can be found in class sponsor section here: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11272

Please join us for the largest gathering of Ducatis in Denver this year!!
    S. Tally Lawing, MRA #314
    President- Ducati Motor Club
    2010 Class Sponsor- Modern Vintage GTO

Aprilia RS153
    Ducati Monza 160
    Ducati Paul Smart
    Honda NSF120R

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    This just sounds like a blast .. I'm coming!

Member Novice
    There are a few nice Ducatis for sale here- please bring them down to our Desmo Oil Spill on July 25th and show it off to the largest collection of Ducatista in Denver:

here is link to event info:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=11272

Aprilia RS153
    Ducati Monza 160
    Ducati Paul Smart
    Honda NSF120R

President Expert
    The MRA will be present for this event!
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Hey everyone. Its Steve Madison from MAD-MOTO. First I would like to say thanks to Tally and Colorado Euro for all the help. Also a big shout out to Jim and the MRA for your support over the past year and for this event.

As the thread states I moved my shop and expanded. I hope all of you that can make it come. I also would like to say sorry for not being at more events this year. I have been running like crazy and with any new shop its hard to find any free time to do anything.

I will be at HPR to race and support the riders that I sponsor. Jim B. I have your brake pads on the way. I look forward to seeing you at the event.

Anyways thanks again for everything that all of you have done. You know who you are.

Steve
    MAD-MOTO
    www.madmoto1.com

Senior Member Expert
    Steve I Will come hang out with you for a bit on that day as well.

Member Novice
    I have a quick reminder and a couple of updates to this weekends OIL SPILL event, hosted by Mad-Moto. Thanks to everyone for your help in spreading the good word about this event and putting up with the muti-tier guerilla marketing approach. For those of you who are tuned in from multiple angels I know communications can get a bit overwhelming, but we are almost here...

First- Steve and I have designated specific motorcycle and vendor display areas thoughout the front steet and sidewalk and the neighboring parking lot (Just Brakes). We encourage you to park your motorcycle immediately on the street in front and along the side of Mad-moto. There is also plenty of bike-only parking in the lot due north of Mad-Moto's building. This area will be cordoned off for vendor displays and additional member bikes. If you are driving a car or hauling a trailer to the event, please arrive early enough to unload in the vendor area (preferably before 9am), or be prepared to unload and park on the side streets so we will not block traffic.

For those who RSVP'd accordingly, Mad Moto will be doing service instruction and assiting with maintenance items from 9am-12pm. This will allow for us to handle some capable last minute requests that afternoon. Keep in mind, there will be plenty of well-versed members attending throughout the day who may also be glad to lend a voice or hand for your special need. With the amount of highly accessorized bikes you will see, there is bound to be someone who has done what you are trying to do or thinkiing about doing! If you have already made special arrangements for service work, please plan to be present between 9am-12pm in the morning, or as scheduled with Steve. If you have service related questions please call Steve at (303) 795-3474.

Early risers- Waffle and Egg Breakfast will be provided from 9am-10am care of Colorado Recycling Services for those who would like to unload/setup or just hang out and lend us a hand getting set up. Steve and I will be on property as early as 7am so come on down before it gets too hot!

Inside we plan to air prerecorded broadcasts of your favorite MotoGP Laguna Seca races throughout the morning and afternoon. After lunch we will switch to MotoGP/Moto2 qualifying, and plan to air the Moto2/MotoGP races from about 3-5pm. Plan accordingly, be prepared for a hot day, and bring your umbrella, pit cooler and sunscreen for the parking lot action. The tailgating is on!! I am a bit speculative, but imagine we may hear some BIG news from Ducati this weekend! Either way, be sure to wear your favorite rider/team colors!

Updated Vendor and Motorcycle displays include: Mad-Moto, Ducati Motor Club, The Vintage Moto Museum, Pep Pod Racing, Think Tank Tatoo, Chicane Trackdays, MRA, Jim Brewer, Mike Hurley, Munch 181, Rocky Mountain Mini Moto, and many more...
    We also have over $2000 of raffle and giveaway prizes that we will be announcing throughout the day!! From a full day trackday at High Plains Raceway (care of Chicane Trackdays), (2) Blackberry Smartphones (care of Research in Motion), official Ducati apparel from Ducati Motor Club, MRA entry tickets, Triumph Swag, garage art, and much more. Each paying participant will be given one raffle ticket upon entry. Additional raffle tickets will be available for purchase for $1 each. That's right, $1. Increase your odds, and support your local Ducati community by purchasing a few and trying your luck!! Winners must be present to collect prizes.
    We WILL HAVE bike wash facilites available to those who wish to get a scrub on their cycles while you are there. A covered area, air hose, water hose/spiquet, and modest do-it-yourself bike wash kit will be available free of charge to all attendees. Sorry guys, no bikini wash here. But if your feeling tempted, break out your italian speedos and go for it!!! Looking for that special detail item? Ask Steve. His flawless attention to detail and cleanliness will surely aid in helping you find that perfect cleaner or protectant.

If you have a used bike for sale currently please bring it down and plan on displaying it while you are here. Ducatis, Aprilia's, MV Agustas, Triumphs, street/race, whatever. Bring any specific details or info you think may help get the sale done. Who knows, maybe you'll find your next bike there too!

We have also had many members ask about a "swap meet" type arrangement where used/new/take off parts, accessories, and apparel could be shared, sold, and swapped. We did not plan to cater to much of this, but please feel free to bring your extra Termignoni exhaust cans, carbon fiber Monster bits, or that beautiful Dainese jacket that doesn't get used anymore. We are expecting a large crowd so you may just get paid to come if you have the right "junk" laying around your garage!!! Note- the "swap meet" idea sounded so good we are working that idea into our next event this fall.

Be sure to check in underneath the red Ducati EZUP at the entrance to MadMoto when you arrive. Each $10 donation paid will buy you one (1) raffle ticket, and a food voucher for complimentary breakfast, lunch, and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day. For those of you who may be interested, there is beer and wine available just a block down the street- or feel free to bring your own. Please keep all alcoholic consumption in moderation. Remember, DMC and Mad-Moto DO NOT CONDONE drinking and driving so lease know your limits and be responsible to yourself and others.

Feel free to spread the word and invite all of your riding buddies. Together we have a great collection of some very fine Italian and European machines, and prideful owners; from fine, rare speed metal and vintage collectibles to one of a kind retro racers and streetbikes. Join us in celebration of Mad Moto's new location, Italian motorycles, our local riding community, and in Ducati passion.

Event location and date::

Sunday, July 25th at Mad-Moto
    4796 S. Broadway, Denver, CO 80113
    9am-6pm

Additional info can be found on our facebook event page here:
    http://www.facebook.com/Munchdog?ref=ts#!/event.php?eid=134802526534789&ref=ts

For more info on joining the Ducati Motor Club click here:
    http://www.meetup.com/ducatimotorclub/

See you all on Sunday!!--
    S. Tally Lawing
    Denver, CO 80211
    303-909-1478
    stlawingjr@gmail.com

Aprilia RS153