View Poll Results: Are you coming to Pueblo Round #4?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

70 71.43%
  • No.

28 28.57%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pueblo - Are you Coming?

Senior Member Expert
    Grubbsy I get it I really do but the number of 1 track clubs is huge, we are very lucky to have what we do. Back in the day you would have Second Creek experts, they would only practice there and only in one direction because it was in their backyard. The problem was they would get their ass handed to them when they went anywhere else, riding different tracks is what makes us better riders.

Senior Member Expert
    Racing different tracks is fun and does make us better racers. But if the club is losing money because the people that dont want to race at pueblo dont show up, then it seems more logical to not run the track.

Like I said in the other thread, if we race at pueblo I will be there. If the MRA races the 1/4 midget track at Pueblo I will be there too.

Senior Member Amateur
    If grubbs goes. I go.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Expert
    Like Bart said, its great to have multiple tracks to race on. As much as I love HPR, I still love going to Pueblo. Sure its bumpy, but its a fun and challenging track. The weather is looking great and we have enough riders to hopefully not break the bank. The wall will have air-fence and the bumps are the same for everyone.

Can't wait to see everyone there!!!

Also, if you are new to the track I will be giving sighting laps on Friday and also Saturday morning during practice. Find me in the Michelin pit or at the riders meeting and we can go out for a couple laps
    Casey D

Senior Member Amateur
    Wasn't sure, but coming now (wife out of town and just found babysitter), budget style, last race's tires, just sat racing...but I'm coming and adding whatever little $$$ to MRA revenues this weekend.

Pueblo is a super fun track, never thought it was particularly dangerous, just maybe a hair sketch here and there but what isn't in motorcycle racing?. In my first season in '07, I think 7 of 10 races were at Pueblo. Has it really deteriorated that bad that some feel the need to slam it? I'm guessing people are just spoiled by the butter (and the MRA's partial ownership) at HPR.

I understand if it's a choice to race or not at one facility vs. the other because of $$$, then you can't fault somebody for picking and choosing to race only at HPR where they feel they have a better and/or safer experience, even if other people don't necessarily feel that way. I'd guess most every person in this club would be at every race and every available track/practice day if time and $$$ allowed. I don't think it's a lack of passion keeping people from coming out, it's a lack of funds.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by nobasin
    I'm guessing people are just spoiled by the butter (and the MRA's partial ownership) at HPR.

Haha I agree HPR is butter! Glad you're coming back out for some fun.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

pete your such an a$$hole.......just kidding! LOL No really since pete is faster maybe I will just stop racing and be his sponsor...just put my picture on the side of the bike.

It sucks about the economy, but if there is any MRA assfault two wheel action I will be there!
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by gsnyder828
    I'm still on the fence... but voted no. I'll decide for sure before tonight.
    I'm in.

My back doesn't hurt that bad...

Senior Member Amateur
    This will be my first "real" race weekend.

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Amateur
    Okay, okay, I'll be there. My apologies, I have been distracted lately, but from all the no-shows, I should be able to make up ground on some of those who didn't wuss out in the rain at HPR.ops:

Senior Member Amateur
    signed up!

I'm not going to get any faster by not riding...
    Dave

Member Amateur
    Come on Pete!!!! there are enough of us now to get you out there racing this weekend!!!!

You know I will help with your races, as long as you stay behind me NOV O buddy :twisted: We enjoy seeing you in the pits and I owe you and your family big time for helping me clean the bike up and feeding me dinner after my off track excursion in the rain!!! That was a long day

PLEASE COME RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keith
    MRA #322

Sponsors
    G-Force Powersports, Sol Performance ,Pirelli,

Senior Member Expert
    On a positive, SuperStreet sounds like a big turn out this round--I'm stoked to watch those guys!

That class is a big part of our club's future.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Amateur
    I can't tell you how sad it is for me to be in New Mexico and read this thread. The MRA took me in with open arms back in the day and with the variety of tracks, I became a pretty good rider. The MRA is one of those clubs that gets into your heart and feels like family... I can't tell you how awesome it was to see folks on June 27th!

I had to move to NM and SMRI has ONE track. Sure we are unveiling a new configuration this month, but the damage to my riding is already done. 7 turns with only 2 lefts and pitiful ones at that made me a wuss at other tracks. I went to HPR for the first time last year and bailed into the blind right hander off the back straight only to be passed right back in the following downhill left-hander.

DON"T let that happen to you! Rally - Use your tracks. The MRA is a strong club and can accomplish much as a team. I am actually forming my plan for 2011 to attend more events with you.

Kurt - SMRI #316
    p.s. Jon Gleafke was an ispiration to me in the day. That topic needs remedied and he needs to feel welcome. Can't beleive I keep seeing that?!?!
    Free Ezine At www.vonconcepts.com

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    http://vadpr.com
    505-217-2497

Senior Member Amateur
    Im a 3rd year Novice ( hopeless?) But Pueblo holds a special place in my heart. Im going down to spectate ( again) and see the track..and I usually show up and kiss turn ten..ahhh Pueblo..Its all I know..Ill be bringing spectators, a Colorado Powersports Banner, and my wrenching duties.
    thats two hundred forty Dollahs, worth ah Puddin!!
    MRA #164 - Kawasaki 6r
    Colorado Powersports Sales team
    http://4horsemenracing.net/2007/images/CoPowLogo.jpg
    Wired Energy Drinks

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    I'll definitely be there.

As a graduate of the Super Street Class this will be my first chance at racing as a licensed racer. I’ve ridden PMP before at Chicane Day events and have gotten to know the track very well. It’s a completely different beast than HPR or PPIR as each track we race should be.

I completely understand the financial problems we and this organization face. And as a racer I know I must take care of me first and then if I can the origination. Luckily this round I’m in, however I know if I go down again I’ll probably be done for the season.

This doesn’t stop me from racing, but does prevent me from doing some of the things I want to the bike (tire warmers, generator, bodywork etc…) and things to improve my skills (racing schools) things I know would help make me more competitive.

But this for me is not about taking home a trophy or standing on a podium. For me this is about what I can do with what I have. Feeling the rush of three wide into turn 1. Knowing I can take the rider in front of me because he went wide in turn 4. Hitting my marks going into 6 faster than I did before. As a club level racer these are the reason I race.
    Randall "Snowman" Turner
    MRA No.427 - Honda CBR600rr Fireblade

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll be there, but I don't think I count. 8)
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234