View Poll Results: Are you coming to Pueblo Round #4?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

70 71.43%
  • No.

28 28.57%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pueblo - Are you Coming?

Member Amateur
    I just do not have enough money to go or i would. I was recently cut to a max of 40 hours and most of the time i don't even get 40 so no Over time means no race this weekend but i should be good for next race.

I will be there! I have invited as many people as I can to come watch, and I got a new guy to come for the super street class! I even helped him get his bike ready! I know Pueblo might not be as smooth as other tracks we have raced at, however a race is a race! Conditions are the same for all of us! I actually really like Pueblo I always have, even as a kid! I am not going to let anything keep me from racing, it's my wife's birthday on saturday the 10...so I am making her come with me! 8) 8)

Just paid for races....See you there!!!!!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Member Amateur
    No for me - leaving for Vegas on Thursday.
    MRA #100
    http://viets-performance.com/
    Big Dog Wraps
    Pirelli / Ohlins / ChickenHawk / XT Racing

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll be there.
    I'd be there if it was CDR.
    Joe Turek #59

Senior Member Expert
    I won't be racing there or anywhere else this season due to my Father's Day stroke. I will be taking care of Lincoln on Sunday, though (He'd be doing both days, but his wife is getting her Masters Degree Saturday, and that's pretty darned important!)

Who's racing the 4 hour? I'm sponsoring one team of four.
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Member Amateur
    I will be there. Very excited to be racing again. In my opinion Pueblo is a fun track and if your suspension is set up correctly you don't even notice most of the bumps.

Junior Member Novice

HPR

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR
    pueblos surface is not thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.
    There was a lot of dirt biking going on yesterday at HPR
    just watch out for the hole at 8, dont push it too hard on 10 (or find the secret line), and pray you dnot have to go wide on 1.

i saw a lot more people go down at HPRs recent trackday compared to pueblo last FAASST track day.
    this may be due to a nicer surface at HPR giving people more confidence to push themselves. . . . . i dont know.

pueblo is fun to ride no matter what.

I wonder what all the really fast guys think about pueblo. . . . . . . .

Junior Member Novice

OOPS

There was alot of dirt biking going on at HPR yesterday

Senior Member Expert
    For the amount of bitching and moaning about the track surface, you would figure all MRA racers now simply play XBOX instead of actually riding their motorcycles.

:shock:
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Amateur
    Its pavement....does it matter that much if its bumpy? If you dont feel like your in safe zone....um slow down I guess, or dont...what do I know. It seems better than most canyons that people ride. Me, I decided to start racing when Im knockin on the door of 40 and have a shitload of serious injuries already. I dont have the money or the body left to be crashin, so PMP is just like any other day at the track for me, beats workin any day. Im going racing, and bringing my brother down so he can race superstreet as well. Crashing sucks, so Ill just do my best to keep it shinny side up

Turn one gives me wood
    MRA#420
    01 R6

Macro Mellon Recording Studios
    Rockymtnphots.com
    DBA Construction LLC

Member Novice
    I'm planning on attending Pueblo, along with the crew. Heck, Pueblo's been rough ever since I first rode it in '94. I still love it, bumps and all...... 8)

p.s. I also wanted to help Ray-Ray find his pinky :wink:
    http://www.teamskeenracing.com/
    http://www.sandsanodizing.com/
    MRA #569 Sponsors: The Skeen Family, S & S Anodizing, Inc., Quality Components, Team Skeen Racing, Aaron Clark, Fey Myers, DJ Tidal Wave

JohnGarc

PMP = YES

YES. I will be there. Along with my wife, Martin-776, my Big Fat Mexican Pueblo Family and my old Pueblo crew from Facebook. Should be an excellent turnout. Ah hell, maybe If were lucky I can post up some tamale and burrito ladies in Turn 9? J/K, lol...

PUEBLO is my favorite track and I wouldn't miss it for the world!!! Can't wait to see you all there!!!

Member Amateur
    93% of the mud is off! I’ll be there. :lol:

Jessie
    Let's try this again.

Junior Member Novice

It's Racing

It's racing - so I'm there! It's a great track ... and racing different tracks makes you better. If all we ever raced was HPR it would get boring too.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    For the amount of bitching and moaning about the track surface, you would figure all MRA racers now simply play XBOX instead of actually riding their motorcycles.

:shock:
    I tried, I have found that Wii MotoGP is considerably harder than the real thing.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    I think what a lot of you don't understand is that money is the root of most decisions. I know a lot of racers either have really good jobs or really good sponsors but for those of us who have to pay for our own tires and race fees.. thats $650 right there. So, to many people $800 is a lot to go race a track with no RV hookups and more weeds growing out of it than my back yard, especially when we have been blessed with a track as nice as HPR. Unfortunately, many of us have suffered from the poor economy over the last year and the money saved from skipping a race can go a long way in "non-race" land. Point being, if money was not a factor for anyone, I am guessing the turnout would be better for Pueblo.

I'm not trying to rustle anyone's feathers, I'm just trying to explain to those of you who think the people backing out don't like riding enough or don't care about our club. I wouldn't be going regardless of where this race was because I simply can't spend that much money right now.
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Member Amateur
    Signed up and paid.

8)

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    I think you're right, Peter, about the money thing...

Many people can't afford a full season, regardless of where the races are held. So they do the obvious thing and skip the ones that are the furthest away, or the most expensive to attend (hotel, gas, etc...).

Somehow we need to find a balance, though, as worrying from event to event whether or not we'll go broke is pretty stressful.

We DO have enough entries now to run the Pueblo race. The financial loss to run it is now about equal to the loss from canceling it - so it makes sense to hold it for the people who "can" attend and "want" to race at Pueblo.

Hopefully we'll be able to do a poll of the membership here soon to better understand your wants and needs and put together a race season (for 2011) that best meets the needs of ALL our members - and is set up such that we're not likely to go broke...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    I'm still on the fence... but voted no. I'll decide for sure before tonight.

$$ isn't the issue for me - life is just getting in the way.

Too busy @ work, no time to work on the bikes and a back injury are working against me at the moment...

:x

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm in, and for the record my buddy who came to the trackday had a blast, said it was way less dangerous than California speedway where he used to ride a lot. I had fun, I'm just slow as crap there...
    #91 Triumph 675
    Thanks to: Motowheels, Woodcraft, Cogent Dynamics, Toyota, and Nikkie

Senior Member Expert
    Woot we're racing this weekend!!! \/
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyt328
    I think what a lot of you don't understand is that money is the root of most decisions. I know a lot of racers either have really good jobs or really good sponsors but for those of us who have to pay for our own tires and race fees.. thats $650 right there. So, to many people $800 is a lot to go race a track with no RV hookups and more weeds growing out of it than my back yard, especially when we have been blessed with a track as nice as HPR. Unfortunately, many of us have suffered from the poor economy over the last year and the money saved from skipping a race can go a long way in "non-race" land. Point being, if money was not a factor for anyone, I am guessing the turnout would be better for Pueblo.

I'm not trying to rustle anyone's feathers, I'm just trying to explain to those of you who think the people backing out don't like riding enough or don't care about our club. I wouldn't be going regardless of where this race was because I simply can't spend that much money right now.
    Pete we totally understand the money issue as we lose most of our racers to money or injury, but what you just said was that you will spend your money at HPR and not PMI because it is a worse track and you are correct in that regard but worse or not having multiple tracks is something most clubs do not have and we won't if people don't go to PMI or Pikes. If I only rode on world class tracks I would be at Miller or Laguna or Barber hell the list goes on but they are not our tracks but HPR PMI and Pikes are ours and I want to keep them all.
    I guess it's different for us oldtimers but when I stated we had Mountan View, Second Creek in two directions, Stapleton, Pueblo, Pikes, Steamboat and it has been sad to see them all go the way of the Dodo. We still have Pueblo and Pikes and I want to keep them so please continue to support them.
    Bartman

Member Amateur
    I wish we could still ride in Steamboat again. I think those old school races sounded really awesome!

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm paid through the next 2 rounds. How could I miss riding around my bumpy old friend of PMP? I've always wished T9 would be a gentle right, extend T10 out 100 ft south of the light pole and give us a straight line through the burnout boxes, but no one asked me.

If Pueblo were a car, it'd be an orange Pinto with a brown door, but it's home just the same.

For those whining about bumps and walls, I recall some of the same were stoked about PPIR, bouncing through T1 or T6 within a short slide to Concrete Walltown. PMP is just another track to give us variety in racing. If we only ran HPR, the guys that go best there would be top of points at the end of the season. If we only raced PMP, the best rain racer could never come out on top. Bumps, temps, weather, injuries...all things to adjust to and be challenged by.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    Like Pete said money is an issue with a lot of people. We all know the club needs money to stay around. But what I think some people are forgetting is that racing to most people is a hobby. The expendable income isnt always there like it has been in the past. The economy is hurting most people like it is hurting our club.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast