View Poll Results: Are you coming to Pueblo Round #4?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

70 71.43%
  • No.

28 28.57%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pueblo - Are you Coming?

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

Pueblo - Are you Coming?

I need you all to weigh in on Round #4 at Pueblo.

If you are coming, please indicate as such.

If you ARE NOT COMING, please click appropriately - AND then detail below why you're not coming.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    No. I wont be racing but Ill be down to spectate and bring a few people with me.

Hot bodies bellypan is on backorder for my gsxr.

Unless tech will let me zip tie an aluminum turkey pan to the bottom of my case. . . . . . . ops:
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

Did you ask around for one, to borrow or buy? I will check with a few people today!
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE A
    Did you ask around for one, to borrow or buy?
    posted in the wanted section.

i have on one order. it may or may not be here friday.
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

glenngsxr
    Tony,
    Kind of a moot point since I took the year off anyways, but I would have skipped the Pueblo round if I had been racing this year. I loved it when Earlene ran the show. She was ALWAYS thrilled to have us and took care of us to the best of her abilities (and budget). It does not have that feel anymore. In addition, the track is worse and worse every year. Turn 10 just plain gets old. It's the only part of the track where (at least for me) I don't feel comfortable pushing through there and that takes the fun out of it to some degree. I have hit that wall and it's not fun.

With that being said Tony, some of my fondest MRA memories took place at PMP and I do have a special place in my heart for that track. I think with a repave and some minor corner adjustments, it could be an INCREDIBLE track once again.

I will get shot for saying this, but the long term viability of the club is the #1 priority. If the opportunity at Pueblo to AT LEAST break-even does not exist, than neither should that round of racing.

Glenn #62

Member Amateur
    NO; Wish I could go, but the wife is graduating from her Master Degree that day and we are having alot of guests coming over. Sorry!

John
    aka Staff Sergeant
    MRA# 286
    Sponsors: ABATE of Colorado, GoPro, Vortex Racing, Thursdayshirts.com, Sol Performance Dunlop

Senior Member Amateur
    Hell yea I'll be there!

As I'm sure youve seen there has been a lot of (well deserved) bad mouthing of the track surface going on and it may be impacting people's decision to race there.

But hey, it's racing and I need the points so I'll be there and so should everyone else.
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Senior Member Expert
    Since you asked...

I've only been to Pueblo a few times, each time the surface (to me atleast) has deteriorated. I don't have the track time to know where the bumps are, which bumps you have to avoid and which ones you simply have to deal with. To me it's no fun/not safe fighting getting bucked off. Honestly, I'll be skipping race 7 for the same reason.

However, I'll be running 5, 6, and 8 at HPR if the club keeps the schedule intact.

Senior Member Amateur
    I won't be going simply because I can't afford it. But I agree with the statement above, aside from the people who like Pueblo simply because its been around forever and they know it so well, there are a lot of people who simply don't like that track. Whether its the new management, lack of effort to maintain the track, or the big slippery steel plate entering the straight; if there is a race people are gonna miss, it seems this is the track most people will skip out on.
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Junior Member Novice
    I'm planning on being there, but there's always a chance that I may be called out of town.

Jesse Hansen
    novice #540

Junior Member Novice
    Come on racers. There will be no club if everyone decides not to race. To me it really shows how little passion people have for racing when this happens. It's a shame. So the track is a little fucked up. I don't give a shit. I want to be on my bike because that's all that I think about. All fucking day and night everyday I think about how much I love the sport. It keeps me ticking and gives me something to look forward too. Anyway, everybody should sign up because they can't wait till the weekend. I'll fuckin be there.

Wesley Seems :shock:
    Illmatic-Racing #515-0
    Your not the boss of me!!!!

Senior Member Amateur
    pueblos surface is not thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.

just watch out for the hole at 8, dont push it too hard on 10 (or find the secret line), and pray you dnot have to go wide on 1.

i saw a lot more people go down at HPRs recent trackday compared to pueblo last FAASST track day.
    this may be due to a nicer surface at HPR giving people more confidence to push themselves. . . . . i dont know.

pueblo is fun to ride no matter what.

I wonder what all the really fast guys think about pueblo. . . . . . . .
    '13 BMW S1000RR
    '06 GSXR 750 #686. Sold

I'll be there. So will Fish (Patrick King) and Swift (Adam), but those two won't check they're email or this. The track is kind of shit, but I'm going racing anyway because I love it. Period.
    Carl
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Member Amateur
    If cowboys can ride a 2000lb bull for 8 seconds, I think I can manage a motorcycle at Pueblo. Don't be afraid of a challenging course. Just dig in your spurs and give her hell! See y'all there! I'm looking forward to it!
    #724 MRA

Senior Member Expert
    Aside from Glenn's comment about the wall (considering he hit it)....

The track surface is what it is, but the track layout is still fun, as is racing in general. One thing to keep in mind is that though it may be bumpy, or not the best surface... those conditions are the same for me, as they are for the next guy/gal, and the next, and the next... it's the same for everyone.

If you truly love the sport, and money is not the issue.... please come out and support racing, and the MRA.

My 2 cents
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Member Amateur
    Am I the only person who likes the bumpy track? I like how responsive it is and all the feed back it gives a persons suspension.

:lol:

Just for anyone that cares I about 65% sure i'll be there... have to make sure my money is in line.

Junior Member Novice
    Barely Legal will be there.

Senior Member Expert
    AF and I are racing Pueblo this weekend.

Pueblo is bumpy but I don't consider it dangerous (glenn's experience not withstanding). I just appreciate the variety--Pueblo is totally different from HPR. Having different courses brings out strengths in random riders and mixes up the racing, which makes for better racing IMO.

Hopefully guys are just dragging their feet for sign up. If your buddies aren't signed up yet please remind them to do it.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Novice
    The M Train will be there.

glenngsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    AF and I are racing Pueblo this weekend.

Pueblo is bumpy but I don't consider it dangerous (glenn's experience not withstanding). I just appreciate the variety--Pueblo is totally different from HPR. Having different courses brings out strengths in random riders and mixes up the racing, which makes for better racing IMO.

Hopefully guys are just dragging their feet for sign up. If your buddies aren't signed up yet please remind them to do it.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't slam into the thing incredibly hard, but hard enough to make me dizzy for a couple days and hard enough to make me think about it when going through there sometimes. Hey, wrecks happen and I am not mad at Pueblo for that one, just wish they would at least make effort to make some changes.

Pueblo is a blast to ride and the layout is amazing. The track has a good mix of turns and is generally safe. It will feel like MX for the first few laps because everyone has been spoiled by HPR. The bummer is that the track collects fees and we see nothing in return except a worse track every year. At least at HPR there is something new every time I have been there. Whether it's bathrooms, a pavilion, power, fuel stations, etc. Reinvestment into the us, ie the club, which makes me think that HPR cares about us. I am a little reluctant to give money to someone (Pueblo) that does not care if we show up or not.

Racers race and all of you should go to Pueblo. Is it a little bumpy? Yeah. Are there sketchy corners? Yeah. Will it make you a much better rider? That's for damn sure.

Glenn #62

Senior Member Amateur
    I'm still on the fence, just not sure if I can afford... never been to pueblo, sucks though... it's the closest track to me. I'm going to vote no, but things can change
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Hell Yeah I will be there! I'm on a mission to find my pinky!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Member Amateur
    I can't wait to race with all my friends!!!!
    Boulder Motorsports
    Tri-City Cycles
    Michelin Tires (Vanmar Racing)
    Kyle Racing
    TCX Boots
    EBC Brakes
    Bell Helmets
    Spy Optics

Member Amateur
    Considering I just hosed down the bike from the monsoon @ HPR last round , Snowman and I will be there. Hotel booked a week ago...
    '07 APRILIA RSVR
    '07 HONDA
    KomodoGear
    RhinoMoto
    Galfer

Junior Member Novice
    Both Brant and I won't be coming this weekend but are planning to attend the next round at HPR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast