Thread: Buy or borrow 06-07 GSXR 750 Left side control switch

Member Amateur

Buy or borrow 06-07 GSXR 750 Left side control switch

Anyone have an 06/07 gsxr 600/750 left control switch I can borrow temporarily or even buy? I am trying to get the race bike back together for Pueblo and she won't fire up. This is the only part that is not fully intact in the wiring. I know this is Fourth of July weekend...but if anyone can help me out...it would be much appreciated. Give me a call on my cell at (303)513-6763.

Thanks.
    Alan
    MRA313

Member Amateur
    Well...I got her to fire up. Missed one of the connectors. My gauges still don't work though...which I am assuming is due to the non-intact left control switch. Again...if some has one to borrow just so I can verify this is my problem with my gauges not working...I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Alan

Senior Member Amateur
    The left control switch has nothing to do with the guages. The only two wires that need to be left intact for the left side controls are the black/yellow wire and the black/white wire, which are for the clutch switch. The rest is not needed. I have the control switch if need be but the wires are cut so it would take a while.

I would suggest checking the harness going from the guages all the way down to the main connector. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Amateur
    Brad's right, the only thing you need from the left side is the clutch switch wires. Make sure you have a good ground connection to the gauge cluster plug (the black/white wire).
    Joe Turek #59

Member Amateur
    It was a fuse. I replaced the harness since the original got tore up a little in my crash at Pikes...and I just assumed everything was there since it was sold to me in "mint" condition. Checked the fuse box...low and behold missing fuses. I just transferred a couple of them and problem solved.

Thanks for the replies.

Alan