Jon why are you worried about a few people when the majority of the MRA likes and respects you for what you have done both as a racer, and more importantly a person?

Trust me, I used to have people pissing and moaning about how I used to cheat all the time, it honestly cracked me up and I used it as motivation to beat them every time I went on track just because I knew it got to them.

At the end of the day, motorcycle racing is what we do (or did in my case), it doesnt define us as people. Put it this way, I created 'Clarkie' when I first started racing Road Race bikes for a specific purpose. Very few people in the MRA knew who I really was, they are some great friends and would refer to me at the track as Aaron, and always have.

People may judge us on what they hear or see, but others judge us on what they know first hand. I myself have made assumptions on other racers from what I have 'heard' and when I have gotten to know that person those assumptions couldnt have been farther from the truth.