Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 749S Race/Track Day Bike - Selling Complete or Separately

Junior Member Novice

749S Race/Track Day Bike - Selling Complete or Separately

For Sale: Ducati Race/Track Day Bike - Sell Complete or Separately

Bike: 2004 749S
    Serviced and professionally race prepped by Boulder Motorsports.

Upgrades:
    2005 Swingarm with lower caliper hanger.
    Gilles billet chain adjusters.
    Zard full race exhaust.
    Ohlins shock.
    Ohlins fork valve kit.
    Ohlins steering damper.
    Brembo 19mm RCS brake master cylinder.
    Brembo 16mm RCS clutch master cylinder.
    Carrozzeria forged wheels.
    1098 Slipper clutch.
    Yoyodyne clutch slave.
    520 chain conversion.
    Woodcraft rear sets.
    Woodcraft 53mm clipons.
    Nemesis ECU.
    Nemesis quick shifter.
    Corsa race body work.
    Fabbri “Solo Pista” windscreen.
    Carbon Fiber timing chain covers.
    Carbon Fiber air tubes.
    Pierobon front instrument mount.
    Silicon cooling hoses.
    Galfer Wave rotors.
    Quick turn adjustably racing throttle.
    Stomp tank grips.
    Spares:
    Sprockets.
    Chain.
    clipons.
    Footpegs.
    Windsreen
    Bike & Spares $ 8,000.

Race Gear:
    Pit Bull front and rear stands. $ 75.00 ea.
    Chicken Hawk Pro tire warmers with digital controller stand.$300.00 SOLD
    Digital pyrometer. $ 75.00
    2- 5 gal. fuel jugs. $ 20.00 ea.
    10 x 10 KD canopy with 3 tops. (All new, never used) $ 275.00
    Honda EU 2000i generator. (Less than 5 hours) $ 825.00
    Shoei X 11 Glory helmet, lg. with tint shield. $ 280.00
    Spidi Z118 Back Warrior, back and chest protector. Size cm. 180-195 (New never used) $ 150.00
    SixSixOne back protector. (New never used) $ 75.00
    Rev’it GT Corse gloves sz. XXL $ 50.00

Trailer: $ 2,650.00
    1999 Pace 6 x 10 with side and ramp door.
    New tires . (less than 300 miles)
    New aluminum wheels and fenders.
    Aluminum fuel jug holder.
    Tie downs everywhere.
    Heavy duty Master locks.

Baxley Sport Chock. $ 190.00

Over $20,000 invested, will sell complete for $12,500.

John.iacobucci@gmail.com

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=IMG_0535.jpg
    http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...4-09115657.jpg
    http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...4-09115710.jpg

Junior Member Novice

749S Race/Track Bike For Sale

Still for sale and ready for the next event!

Call John,

Senior Member Expert
    Generally and regardless what you've got invested with BMS and your Ducati, you can expect to get less than half of what you've got into the bike.
    All Ducatis are next to Aprilla's and though slightly better, the absolutely fastest depreciating bikes on the market. I would suggest starting at 10K and expect maybe half that once your done.

Junior Member Novice

749S for Sale

Jon,

Thanks but no thanks on your personal opinion on what my
    bike and equipment is worth. I don't know what kind of bike
    you race nor do I care. But if you had it advertised for sale in
    this forum I would keep my opinion of it to myself.
    As a fairly new member to MRA I wasn't quite sure why so
    many people don't care for you. I understand now!
    In the future if you have something to say to me, please I would
    appreciate it if would just PM me.

Thank you,
    John Iacobucci

Senior Member Amateur
    How much for just the trailer?
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Expert
    damn that thing is pretty damn sick.

Senior Member Expert
    Johnny I,

When you're interested in selling bits separately please let me know.

I'd be interested in the canopy, the warmers and the generator.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Junior Member Novice

749S Ducati Race/Track Day Bike For Sale

Thanks guys for your interest in the trailer and race gear. But as for
    now I have two parties very interested in buying the complete
    set up. If things don't work out I might start selling separate.
    I'll keep you posted.
    I do have a AMB Tranx 260 transponder with charger I'll
    sell for $185.00
    Thanks,
    Johnny i

Senior Member Amateur
    Dibs on the transponder if you still have it.

PM me the details. Please also send pics.

Scott

Senior Member Amateur
    I will buy that transponder if scott falls through.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    All Ducatis are next to Aprilla's and though slightly better, the absolutely fastest depreciating bikes on the market.
    Geez, Jon, you really know how to hurt a guy. Next you're going to tell me that the British Petroleum stock I bought in March was a bad investment.

Senior Member Expert
    John Boy,
    'Yeah the MRA's newer members seem to dislike,distrust and despise me because I guess I'm a cheating, lying, stealing SOB who has never done anything for the club, it's members or anyone in my life. At least that's what I've heard since being informally charged with cheating. Funny thing is Shane with the same bike and even more modified than mine, wasn't.
    Regardless, It seems after the first race and the charges, the damage was done and i guess I'm guilty and I haven't or won't be back. The people who started the whole damn thing in the first place weren't willing to admit it and the shitstorm started, so welcome aboard.
    Funny thing is though, that after racing for twenty years in the MRA and across the country, not all feel that way and out of the handful of people who actually have raced or known me for most of those twenty, all are still friends. These are people who actually know me, not those that have just seen me in programs, in the pits, know some body who once knew me and Etc.
    You my boy are part of the new brigade of racers who after NOT meeting someone, listen to the wanna be's and get your truth from them. I won't tell you of even half the things I have done for this club, half the items I have sold, donated, the hours spent promoting, lending $$, trophy sponsorships or anything of the sort, as you are one of the many wanna be's who judged me in the first place. You'll always lead the pack when it comes to telling untruths, passing along rumors and generally trying your best to gain allies in the brigade against the establishment.

Senior Member Expert
    Hey Jim,
    Yeah I lost my ass selling my Ape and should have kept it as it wasn't that damn bad a bike really!, I guess I really rubbed that fellow feathers wrong cause he burnt me a new one for trying my humor again, Oh well, another newby bites the dust and I carry on as the lying cheating, thieving SOB I've always said to be.
    Oh well, as far as the BP stock, I have it from a good source that about a year ago that British Petroleum actually and formally changed their name to Beyond Petroleum :lol:
    Been busy as hell with family and etc. Still managing to race but doing it elsewhere.
    Hey to the Mssss,

President Expert

Re: 749S for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by john iacobucci

As a fairly new member to MRA I wasn't quite sure why so
    many people don't care for you. I understand now!
    Not sure where you heard that from but nothing could be further from the truth about Jon Glaefke. He has done numerous things over the years to not only help this club, but also many racers individually. You apparently were hanging out and listening to the wrong people during your short stint with the MRA. He is extremely knowledgable with Ducatis and was only offering some advice with your attempted sale. :roll:
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Jon and all within the MRA

First let me apologize for this in your for sale forum as it doesn't have anything to do with purchasing your bike

Second, since the issue in which Jon was falsely accused of cheating I have felt that Jon may be over reacting to the comments. None the less it is isn't my opinion it is Jon's and he has every right to it.

However, I am shocked that this continues to be a problem and apparently the rumor mill is running throughout my club. In my seven year tenure with the MRA I have found Jon to be on a very stand up guy not only in the pits but on the track and outside of the MRA. This guy has donated countless dollars, time and effort to make our club what it is today. In fact I believe that without his contributions our club would be very different and possibly none existent. In fact Jon has always been there with a joke or a fastener when needed. Yes Jon I still owe you 4 washers and I still intend to return them...you going to have to show up to collect though.

Jon I would like to personally ask you to return to the club with your bike and show us how to ride it.

To the person who has made the accusations of cheating please step forward and work this out.

Personally I think the bs needs to end with situation...Jon you need to return tot he grid ... and those of you that are passing judgement need to introduce yourselves to Jon and judge for yourself what his character is or is not

Again sorry for the rant...it is just my opinion

Joe
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    John Boy,
    'Yeah the MRA's newer members seem to dislike,distrust and despise me because I guess I'm a cheating, lying, stealing SOB who has never done anything for the club, it's members or anyone in my life. At least that's what I've heard since being informally charged with cheating. Funny thing is Shane with the same bike and even more modified than mine, wasn't.
    Regardless, It seems after the first race and the charges, the damage was done and i guess I'm guilty and I haven't or won't be back. The people who started the whole damn thing in the first place weren't willing to admit it and the shitstorm started, so welcome aboard.
    Funny thing is though, that after racing for twenty years in the MRA and across the country, not all feel that way and out of the handful of people who actually have raced or known me for most of those twenty, all are still friends. These are people who actually know me, not those that have just seen me in programs, in the pits, know some body who once knew me and Etc.
    Jon

To be clear, no formal protest was ever filed against you or your bike. Additionally the MRA board has specifically looked the the F042 and determined that it is legal for the classes it's been raced in in our club.

While someone in the pits may have made this accusation, it is not the position of the MRA in any way.

Hope to see you soon

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Jon why are you worried about a few people when the majority of the MRA likes and respects you for what you have done both as a racer, and more importantly a person?

Trust me, I used to have people pissing and moaning about how I used to cheat all the time, it honestly cracked me up and I used it as motivation to beat them every time I went on track just because I knew it got to them.

At the end of the day, motorcycle racing is what we do (or did in my case), it doesnt define us as people. Put it this way, I created 'Clarkie' when I first started racing Road Race bikes for a specific purpose. Very few people in the MRA knew who I really was, they are some great friends and would refer to me at the track as Aaron, and always have.

People may judge us on what they hear or see, but others judge us on what they know first hand. I myself have made assumptions on other racers from what I have 'heard' and when I have gotten to know that person those assumptions couldnt have been farther from the truth.

Senior Member Amateur
    I usually stay out of this stuff but......who the heck is John Iacobucci? I never even heard of him...whatever. i've been in the mra for 11 years and feel that many of the racers and their familys are my family. I also have seen a lot of guys come and go...later. As far as that cheatn mother f-er Jon Gelefkie, can't wait to see you at the track again cuz my family and I love and respect you greatly. Out! -Fuller #13

Senior Member Expert
    I believe JG that the consensus is quit your whining about the few and listen to the many and get your cheatin ass out here and race where you belong. :twisted: You are a part of the MRA and have been for to many years to leave now, you are like me a lifer in the racing biz and to leave now is to put a hole in the pits where you should be. I will say this your sense of humor is one that some people just won't get, their loss not yours. Hell look at Clarkie most of us don't get his sense of humor either but he is respected by most of us.
    What ever you decide the MRA soap opera will continue, hell you could come back as your evil twin and start racing with us again. On a more serious note if we all got to know the people around us instead of going by what you hear most of this shit will not be a factor.

Senior Member Expert
    Of course you dont get my sense of humor Bartman, you are a damn Seppo

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    Didn't say I didn't get your sense of humor just some people, and what the hell is a Seppo.

Senior Member Expert
    i just read everything u say aloud and use a NZ accent. then everything is funny :lol: :twisted:

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    Didn't say I didn't get your sense of humor just some people, and what the hell is a Seppo.

1. Seppo
    Derogertory word used by the English and Australians for all American nationals. Derived from Rhyming slang (Septic Tank = Yank)
    Will those stupid seppos ever shut up bragging about how much lemonade they can drink?

2. seppo
    Slang for Americans - as septic tank rhymes with yank, but Americans are also full of shit like septic tanks
    This seppo would not shut up about NFL last week
    septic american yank sepo septic tank

3. seppo
    septic tank, rhyming slang for yank, an american person
    would of been a good palace if it wasn't full of seppo wankers

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=seppo
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    LOL yep, an Aussie mate was over helping me in 01 and every second phrase out of his mouth was "fucken Seppo's" or "whats wrong with these fucken Seppo's"

Senior Member Expert
    I may be a Seppo but at least I'm not a Dag. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast