Thread: Any update on Lee?

Senior Member Amateur

Any update on Lee?

He crashed in the second Novice race on Sunday, right in front of myself and Kia... White/Red Polka-doted gsxr1000, looked like a pretty gnarly crash, just curious if anyone had an update on his condition... Really nice guy, hated to see him get hurt.
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Senior Member Expert

Re: Any update on Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by random hero
    He crashed in the second Novice race on Sunday, right in front of myself and Kia... White/Red Polka-doted gsxr1000, looked like a pretty gnarly crash, just curious if anyone had an update on his condition... Really nice guy, hated to see him get hurt.
    He broke his collar bone and will know if he needs surgery on wednesday.

Senior Member Amateur
    bummer.... Seeing it first hand, it could have been MUCH MUCH worse, it looked brutal. Although seeing a 6'4" 250 pound guy flying through the air isn't going to be pretty no matter what. If you read this, HEAL UP LEE.... Plating that collar bone might be the best thing, I tried to let mine heal naturally and just ended up re breaking it 4 weeks later, wished I would have plated it from the beginning.. Heal up dude!!
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Member Amateur
    If he needs a recommendation let me know...hope he's feeling better soon!

Member Novice
    First off thanks to all the medical staff and glenn for getting to me quickly. Im doing fine after a nice encounter with some hpr mud. Broken right clavicle going and seeing an ortho tomorrow to see if it needs to be plated or will heal on its own. I remember coming out of 11 and almost high siding, saving that then blowing twelve and running off to the dirt. I was thinking well good for you you can stand it up and get it stopped then next thing i remember is lawn darting the ground. Thanks for every ones support, as bad as it sounds I want to get a plate so I can hopefully get back as soon as I can.

If anyone has anymore play by play I would love to hear it.
    Oh and some viewing material for the club

Senior Member Expert
    damn dude! be glad its only 1 break, mine took forever cuz i had 2 breaks in my left clav

Senior Member Amateur
    Heal up Lee!
    #279 Chris Sorensen (Track Marshal)
    Triumph Daytona 675
    Sol Performance - Pirelli
    Imperial Sportbikes
    Puma - Snug Harbor Motorsports
    ScorpionExo
    Woodcraft
    STM Suspension
    Mad-Moto
    Foothills Triumph

Heal up fast and get your polka dotted ass back to the track!
    carl
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Member Novice
    will do my best trust me my family thinks I have gone crazy as I was asking the Dr if i would be back for our next race. Anyone see what happened? Luke? Kia? I know you guys had a first hand account.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by clee32
    will do my best trust me my family thinks I have gone crazy as I was asking the Dr if i would be back for our next race. Anyone see what happened? Luke? Kia? I know you guys had a first hand account.
    Kia had a better view than me, all I saw was you going straight for the mud, making it about .0034 seconds into the mud, and lawn darting into the ground. You SLAMMED into the ground, and then looked like you flipped, or did some wild Jackie Chan areal flip. It looked really bad, I thought you landed on your head.... Speaking from expeirence w/a similar break, your going to be out a good 6-8 weeks, and that's IF you take it very easy. It instantly felt better plated, but I had no strength in my right side for months.... granted I was an idiot and broke it twice in 30 days :P Heal up man, my words of wisdom would be to take your time, and heal up right.... It'll do more harm than good risking making things worse by getting back out there too soon, I know it sucks... I missed the entire cmra season w/a bum shoulder...
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199

Senior Member Amateur
    Get well bud and call me when you can.

I broke both of my collar bones last year on fathers day and plated them both. Made a huge difference in my recovery time and my mobility and pain management. Get the plate if you can.

Senior Member Expert
    Sorry to see that my friend. If you do get it plated you could ride by the next race. It wouldnt be the smartest thing but hey we are racers right. I hope you heal fast. Let me know if I can help.
    Mike

Member Amateur
    Get well Lee come out and join us while you heal, I have plenty of room in my pit for you... Definitely get the plate and take it easy rather have you all healed up and ready to go!!!

Keith
    Keith
    MRA #322

Sponsors
    G-Force Powersports, Sol Performance ,Pirelli,

Senior Member Amateur
    That sucks Coop... heal up quickly, hopefully you'll be good to go by the next HPR round!
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Damn Coop hope you heal up quick... i was hoping it was a separation rather than the clavical, lucky its a single break! If you need a hand man let me know I'm just a couple miles away... take care buddy and hope to see you out there soon!
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Cooper you looked in good spirits at the meeing tonight, even in a sling. Glad to see you out and mobile after your get off, heal up fast!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech