Thread: rain

Mohammer Time! Expert

rain

We had lots of it :shock:

Senior Member Amateur
    I have lost all faith in Deer Trail, CO.

ON top of the fact that every damn f'ing race the track started drying rendering rain tires useless.

I hope mother nature gets double black eyes.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Expert
    So it's mother nature's fault you didnt anticipate the track drying? :?

Senior Member Expert
    :lol: True dat Aaron. I used the Brownie method of weather forecasting:
    Me: "Hey dude should I switch to DOT's? Looks like it's starting to dry."
    Brownie: "Fuck yeah, switch 'em now!"

Worked great!
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    We didnt have rain tires in Aussie when I started so we would just go out in the rain on slicks and suck it up

Mohammer Time! Expert
    Pick a wet line or a dry line. Or roll the dice..............Part of the craft.

Of course with the Moham luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior Member Expert
    all bitching aside, i think we all learned and developed alot of skills as racers this weekend (the ones who showed up). rain racin aint easy, niehter is trying to plan dots/slicks vrs rains.
    so to all who crashed.. heal up fast, and get ready for some pueblo racin cuz if it rains there.... we all go home : )

Senior Member Amateur
    I liked racing in the rain Saturday, but once it started to dry I was screwed. With only one set of rims there was no way I could swap between races, hopefully can find a set of extra rims sometime this year to prevent a repeat.
    #91 Triumph 675
    Thanks to: Motowheels, Woodcraft, Cogent Dynamics, Toyota, and Nikkie

Senior Member Expert
    LOL you Amercian's who only like racing in the dry crack me up. It's racing and meant to challenge you as both racers and tacticians. It's not knitting....not that I have ever knitted a ski scarf or anything else just to meet chicks of course :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by cromer611
    all bitching aside, i think we all learned and developed alot of skills as racers this weekend (the ones who showed up). rain racin aint easy, niehter is trying to plan dots/slicks vrs rains.
    so to all who crashed.. heal up fast, and get ready for some pueblo racin cuz if it rains there.... we all go home : )
    Well said. I have only had a chance to ride in the rain a couple times, and I think this weekend was a great experience! I was unable to race on sunday due to circumstances out of my control, however I did learn a ton on saturday! Colorado is funky like that! Better plan for everything you can think of!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    LOL you Amercian's who only like racing in the dry crack me up. It's racing and meant to challenge you as both racers and tacticians. It's not knitting....not that I have ever knitted a ski scarf or anything else just to meet chicks of course :wink:
    I'm with Clarkie! I love rain racing - it takes away the advantage of horsepower and rewards smoothness. A racer friend I knew from Holland told me they have to race in the rain over there, or they don't race.

I first raced in the rain @ Daytona on some Dunlop D364s .. it was a blast and completely got me over being afraid of the wet. 99% of it is mental anyway. I thought it was fun trying to figure out what tires were going to work - although I'm not Oscar and didn't have to change them over and over. :-)

Clarkie, please post pictures of your knitting. I need a new beanie.

Senior Member Amateur 1ofTheBoys's Avatar
    Rain or shine, it's racing and allot of fun. The only reason I was on the fence about racing in the rain this weekend was that I was using a borrowed bike. I ended up racing anyways and the rain tires hooked up very well. Had a blast out there this weekend. Thanks to all that made it happen.
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp

Senior Member Amateur
    haha.. yeah Jim, when I see it drizzle in the morning I just start doing stretches cause I know I will be getting a lot of exercise.

I have the easy part of putting the tires on. The hard part is up to you guys and using them!

I am glad to help in anyway I can.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    I don't particularly "enjoy" racing in the rain... but it is part of the deal. I was well off the pace of the "good" rain racers, but kept it upright and was 100% focused every second of the race - which is not typical for me. ops: I finished exactly where I would have if it were dry anyway, it was just a different experience.

Then the track dried (completely!), and I didn't have an extra set of wheels, the time or ambition for switching out tires.

So I went out on full rains, on a completely dry track... and did fine. I was only 6 seconds off my "normal" pace (because I'm normally slow anyway...). The guys in front of me were on dot's or cut dot's, and even so it was a great battle. One of the most fun of the year for me with Hellerstedt and I all over one another for the 4 laps until the race was red flagged.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    I want to thank everyone who came out and raced in the rain. It gave me a chance to get some great rain shots like this. This was from the OSB yesterday.

Thank you all very much.
    Jim
    Jim Browning
    RMP Photos

Member Amateur
    I tried my hardest to find that much water on the track during OSS. I found something exiting turn 6 and landed on my ass :shock: I still had a great time!
    MRA #731
    07 R1

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    clarkie, please post pictures of your knitting. I need a new beanie.
    Jim does it need to be pink and match those daipers I knitted you? If so I will have to get some more yarn