Hey guys and gals,
Wasn't sure where to place my first post, but I've been visiting the forums since finding out I'd be in Boulder for the next few years. I'm also posting at 3AM because I just sold my 954 a few days ago :-({|= I feel as empty as my garage!

So, I decided to get a head start on looking at new bikes and wanted to ask for advice on equipment and dealers. I don't know much about the roads in Boulder or CO (my riding has been limited to street up here in Central NY) but I was planning on getting a Dual Sport for the street and a thrifty track bike for HPR and Pueblo. The only reason the DS came into the equation was (what appears to be) open land surrounding Boulder and snow in the winter (not sure how that will work but I'm just not interested in getting a car).

The alternative is getting a single streetbike that I put on double duty (easier on the wallet, big plus).

Any thoughts on the streets/trails, advice on bike procurement, and coming-to-track logistics? Is a car going to be a necessary evil?

20 days until the move... dying to ride again (\00\) Thanks in advance and I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

PS: I apologize for the breathless post.. jacked up on mountain dew (actually, Pepsi Max is my drug of choice).