Thread: GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO THOSE......

Senior Member Expert

GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO THOSE......

Who charge their transponders!

You know it ladies and gentlemen! It's that time again, race weekend is just around the corner and your transponder requires chargification!

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, but do go straight to your equipment area and find your transponder. Plug it in and look for that glorious red light that indicates it's on it's way to fulfilling it's purpose in life!

Folks that REQUIRE transponders to be scored:

Any regular racer in the MRA who enters the course for the purpose of competition

The Pope, and his popemobile, be it land rover, tank or mercedes benz

Goats, both specGoat and superGoat

Tony Baker - for entertainment purposes only.

See you all this weekend!
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    To touch on this slightly, you want about 14hrs of charge time to get your transponder going good. Don't overcharge and try not to charge it "a little here and a little there".

Just figure out when you are going to leave for the track, subtract 14hrs and set that as the time to plug in.

Another note, since many people have number plates that are outside of the rulebook requirements, don't get mad if your transponder fails and you don't show up on manual scoring. If its raining, it will be even more difficult to read numbers as you scream across start/finish. So, having a well-charged transponder is very important

5.3.D
    Colors - all Expert competitors will use black numbers on a white background. Numbers must be approximately 8” high and 1” wide, of standard block lettering with no shading or outlining. Novices will use black numbers as specified above, but the numbers shall be on a yellow background. Expert class champions from the previous MRA season are permitted to use white numbers on a black background with the same size and style restrictions.
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    I'm so proud of you guys! Also remember the transponder blinks in series once for every day the charge will last. A newer transponder will usually blink for four days when fully charged while an old unit may only blink three times. You get the idea. I mention this so that no one charges there transponder too early in the week.

So get to know your transponder if you don't already. You don't have to LOVE your transponder, but a little love couldn't hurt it. It ain't no good to charge it up only to have it be dead for Sunday's racing.

Thanks,

Senior Member Amateur
    I have my transponder in a snuggie, charging in the truck....... See you guys tomorrow!
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Senior Member Expert
    Also read the very short instructions that came with your transponder!

- Perform a full charge and discharge cycle every 3 months, and leave it discharged until the next one.
    - Do not let it bake in the charger for extended periods of time. Transponders are not like wine, they do not get better with age or obscene amounts of power. Leaving them plugged in forever will not make you faster, and might make you DNF if nobody can score you.
    - Plug it in only long enough to get a full charge, then unplug it. Let it cycle completely if you can before recharging (meaning if it dies on you midway through the weekend, you either charged it too early or have a crappy battery).
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    (Casey)

I don't recall why but I was looking at that rule (5.3.D) the other day, and the thought came to me that 1" is pretty narrow for an 8" tall number... :P

I know what it means, but is that what it says?

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by chrobis
    (Casey)

I don't recall why but I was looking at that rule (5.3.D) the other day, and the thought came to me that 1" is pretty narrow for an 8" tall number... :P

I know what it means, but is that what it says?
    Chris,

So what you're saying is that you think Casey's number is skinny even though it's eight inches tall? 00--00 Ooh, maybe I shouldn't be using the "pokey" dudes. :shock: