Thread: Water near Byers

Senior Member Amateur

Water near Byers

It's official, we're white trash now.

We bought a toy hauler and needed to know if there was a water fill up place East of 70/ E470.

We are trying to keep the weight down and it would be nice to fill up nearer the track.

Thanks,
    Trina Dawson
    novice #186

Senior Member Expert
    Woot! There's a KOA Kampground at Strasburg you could stop at

http://www.campdenver.com/

So does this mean Scott's going to start racing too? He should at least start riding the trackdays with you. :twisted:
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

Re: Water near Byers

Quote Originally Posted by scott_tiller

We bought a toy hauler and needed to know if there was a water fill up place East of 70/ E470.

We are trying to keep the weight down and it would be nice to fill up nearer the track.

Thanks,
    Trina Dawson
    novice #186
    Welcome to the MRA trailer park... you've just increased the likelihood of a tornado wiping us all out by 6%... :lol:

From experience, the difference in hauling water such a short distance and "not" hauling water is negligible... and it's way more convenient to do it all at home when you're not pressed for time, and while you're multi-tasking loading all your other crap into the trailer. Make sure to fill it up ALL THE WAY so it's not sloshing all around and upsetting your rig.

It takes about 20 minutes to fill mine from empty - not time you'll want to waste sitting at KOA when you're amping to get to the track. You'll get to spend plenty of time there AFTER the races on Sunday dumping your poo tank as it is. $5 in Strausburg, and the people are nice...

Now if you were going to Miller or someplace far away, then it would be different.

If the trailer is new (or maybe even moreso if it's used and you don't know the maintenance history...) you'll need to sanitize the fresh water tank with bleach/water solution, drain it, fill it, drain it, and then fill it again before using it. Otherwise you'll be in the flush-o-potty all weekend with giardia...

And, finally - don't be like Jim Brewer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6LdFpJXylI

The insurance company HATES it when that happens!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Off topic some.... But can we hook up to track power Thursday evening, and what time will the gates close, I'll probably be showing up around 9pm... thanks
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by random hero
    Off topic some.... But can we hook up to track power Thursday evening, and what time will the gates close, I'll probably be showing up around 9pm... thanks

Check out the RV Reservations page on the HPR website:

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/rv-reservations.html

Note it states to click through the "RV Calendar" link to find out which spots are already reserved on which days. Glenn says that Thursday night trailer drop off and plug in is ok but no overnight campers Thursday night. Call him if you need more details.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Amateur
    No overnight camping Thursday night.... Bummer, Guess I'll be staying in Denver for the night :cry:
    Luke, Semi-Expert #199
    2010 Ducati 848, 2005 GSXR1000
    STM Suspension, Sol Performance

Senior Member Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_tiller

Thanks,
    Trina Dawson
    novice #186
    Welcome to the MRA trailer park... you've just increased the likelihood of a tornado wiping us all out by 6%... :lol:

From experience, the difference in hauling water such a short distance and "not" hauling water is negligible... and it's way more convenient to do it all at home when you're not pressed for time, and while you're multi-tasking loading all your other crap into the trailer. Make sure to fill it up ALL THE WAY so it's not sloshing all around and upsetting your rig.

It takes about 20 minutes to fill mine from empty - not time you'll want to waste sitting at KOA when you're amping to get to the track. You'll get to spend plenty of time there AFTER the races on Sunday dumping your poo tank as it is. $5 in Strausburg, and the people are nice...

Now if you were going to Miller or someplace far away, then it would be different.

If the trailer is new (or maybe even moreso if it's used and you don't know the maintenance history...) you'll need to sanitize the fresh water tank with bleach/water solution, drain it, fill it, drain it, and then fill it again before using it. Otherwise you'll be in the flush-o-potty all weekend with giardia...

And, finally - don't be like Jim Brewer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6LdFpJXylI

The insurance company HATES it when that happens!

That is an Epic Fail!
    sorry bout the threadjacking
    MRA#420
    01 R6

Macro Mellon Recording Studios
    Rockymtnphots.com
    DBA Construction LLC

Senior Member Amateur

The insurance company HATES it when that happens![/quote]

They bought my trailer so the tornado is even. The fresh water tank could use some bleach I have not done it this season, but I never drank out of it. Bottle water works. I do agree just fill up at home. If you ever go out to Miller with it, there is a gas station right when you get off the freeway that is RV friendly. Good luck with your new to you rig. I also found some spare keys for you. I will bring them to the track, etc.

Senior Member Amateur
    there might be lots of water available at the track this weekend...
    Dave

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD
    there might be lots of water available at the track this weekend...
    I would fill up my water at the gas station across the street from the motel just east of the Byers ex .You all have fun we miss ya!!! The water is on the south east corner of the building