Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated--Pueblo Track Day Sunday June 27th

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll be there, anyone know if Vanmar will be?
    #91 Triumph 675
    Thanks to: Motowheels, Woodcraft, Cogent Dynamics, Toyota, and Nikkie

Senior Member Expert
    Lat I heard Vanmar had no plans on coming.

Senior Member Amateur
    I am looking for someone to ride down with me. Share the cost of gas. Got a spot on the trailer for you bike, canopy, generator, etc.. Let me know,
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Member Amateur
    Had lots of fun today. Thank Wyatt and faasst!

Senior Member Amateur
    That track is insane. I have never ridden a track that had that many bumps, cracks, hills, different kinds of pavement, in my life.

Watching some of you faster guys flying through those bumps was a humbling experience.

Us new novice riders are extremely spoiled having HPR.
    http://www.motopartslist.com
    Buy, Sell, or Trade your used parts and accessories.
    Brad Hampton - RMMM / COSM #206

Senior Member Amateur
    I hope someone had a service at the end of the day for the prairie dog...I went around a couple times while his buddy was still there waiting for him to walk it off, alas he was flat as a pancake.

It is weird, after not running there for over a year the track seemed so much smaller, not that I got around it any faster.
    #91 Triumph 675
    Thanks to: Motowheels, Woodcraft, Cogent Dynamics, Toyota, and Nikkie

Member Amateur
    Me and my 2 friends from Santa Fe had a great time. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. It's awesome to know the "family culture" of the MRA is still strong.

I went faster than I expected myself to go, but I have to agree with some of you.... bumpy in turn one if you take the inside (presumably faster) line. I still get a kick out of wiggling onto the front straight after all these years. :lol:

Now I have the itch to come and ride my 2000 GSXR in Modern Vintage with you guys... hope I make some sales this week.

Kurt - #316 SMRI
    Free Ezine At www.vonconcepts.com

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    http://vadpr.com
    505-217-2497

Member Amateur
    For me, the best part of day was at the riders meeting. Something about if your injured, put your hands up above your head and make a V and the ambulance will come rescue you. Gotta love it!
    MRA #731
    07 R1

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Blue
    For me, the best part of day was at the riders meeting. Something about if your injured, put your hands up above your head and make a V and the ambulance will come rescue you. Gotta love it!
    really? :shock:

I LOVE PUEBLO!!! Wish I could have made it!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Expert
    So guys what's the word on Pueblo and the new pavement? I heard they repaved and sealed it with the help of the MRA and wondering how she turned out. Post up and let those of us who couldn't make it know.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    So guys what's the word on Pueblo and the new pavement? I heard they repaved and sealed it with the help of the MRA and wondering how she turned out. Post up and let those of us who couldn't make it know.
    There is no new pavement anywhere on the track except for the large patches running the width of turn 1. They did lay some sealer down in turn 9. Several cracks were filled with most of them just being marked for future work. All in all, I would say its about 95% the same as its always been.

You coming to ride with us in Pueblo next round Jon?
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by vonconcepts.com

Now I have the itch to come and ride my 2000 GSXR in Modern Vintage with you guys... hope I make some sales this week.

Kurt - #316 SMRI
    Kurt come race with us in 2 weeks! And bring your friends! We're now going to waive the cost of a one-day (reciprocity) license for visiting racers, so just bring your SMRI license and register for classes.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    In my opinion nothing that has been done to the surface of the track since last year helps motorcycle riders in any way. As Casey said the patches in turn one run across the track from edge to edge and are a foot or so wide. I'm not really sure what these patches are for. Turn one is bumpier then ever. The cracks across the track up the hill from turn 5 to 7 are bigger and much more noticeable. The black " sealer " into and through turn 9 looked more like a thin coat of oil. The traction did seem to be good at speed though. We will need to watch out for prairie dogs on the track. They seem to prefer to eat the grass growing through the track more then the weeds in the run off.

Thanks to Judy at Faasst for putting on the track day. It was a smooth fun event.

mike

Member Amateur
    When I visited Pueblo last September 11, the track had all these little blacktop pyramids popping up in turn one. For the most part, those were gone, but left some noticeable shuddering bumps in their place.

If I ran the ol' school deep and late line, hooking back inside for a late apex and drive to turn 2.... it was pretty smooth. If I ran a more protective and common line up the inside --- it was fairly turbulent. Either way, I stuck through it and traction seemed to be fine all the way around.... of course I am running mid to high 1:40's so if I were shaving 10 seconds off that the results would feel quite different I imagine.

The surface coat in 9 looks wierd, but doesn't seem to hurt traction at all. Mentally I just can't seem to shake the transition in turn 7 - although I KNOW its fine, I still ride it like a pansie.

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    505-217-2497

Member Amateur
    Got lots of folks on film in this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5LLuMn5aco

*** Wyeth... having that conversation right now about coming up to race. ... We'll see.

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    505-217-2497

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12