Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 CCS Race of Champions possibly held at Topeka

Senior Member Expert

2010 CCS Race of Champions possibly held at Topeka

This year Daytona is repaving and the Race of Champions has been cancelled for Daytona. CCS is currently looking for an alternate venue and Heartland Park in Topeka, KS is an option.

The ROC is an enormous event, and the MRA has a long history of sending racers down to Daytona to win National Championships. If the ROC is held at Topeka I would hope we would represent again in 2010! Currently they're retaining the scheduled ROC weekend of October 15-17 2010, which is after the end of our local season. Anyone else interested?

Please visit the CCS forum by May 27th and vote for Topeka to be the 2010 ROC venue: http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,24662.0.html
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Expert
    Wyeth,

Do you know if all the CCS/ASRA classes run at the event, or is it just selected classes (i.e. main event with some support classes)?

Thanks,

Senior Member Expert
    They run all the classes both amateur and expert, one race each, and the winner of each race is named National Champ.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Amateur
    I'll go!!! I even have my CCS race license!!!!

I can race the amateur events at least...
    Keith
    MRA #322

Sponsors
    G-Force Powersports, Sol Performance ,Pirelli,

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by freddiewest
    I'll go!!! I even have my CCS race license!!!!

I can race the amateur events at least...

You can win Amateur National Championships! They crown a National Champ in every CCS class Am and Ex, and CCS has almost as many classes as we do. I want to race it, I hope they book Topeka.

Plus they'll run the ASRA Pro classes and Michelin Team Challenge endurance classes during the event. Here is their rulebook: http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2010/r...ok%20print.pdf
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Member Amateur
    cool!!!

We could use Al's SV650 for the endurance race :-) I'm sure he would let us borrow it for the weekend!!

I am sure we could alternate riders, Wyeth, Aaron, Myself, and anyone else that would like to race on a SV that was set up for endurance!!
    Keith
    MRA #322

Sponsors

Senior Member Expert
    cool!!!

We could use Al's SV650 for the endurance race :-) I'm sure he would let us borrow it for the weekend!!

I am sure we could alternate riders, Wyeth, Aaron, Myself, and anyone else that would like to race on a SV that was set up for endurance!!
    That sounds like a boatload of fun!! Grubbs will be all over this idea. :twisted:
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Wow!! Re-paving Daytona :shock: 8) Though I have never raced there, I have heard that the banking is brutally rough.....

And.... Kansas is a lot closer. 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    cool!!!

That sounds like a boatload of fun!! Grubbs will be all over this idea. :twisted:
    Grubbs on an SV could possibly turn some decent lap times for sure!

I AM IN!

And I would go to race in some of the other classes as well. I wanna go represent the MRA in a national event!

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar
    Hmmmm.... if we take all those tires outta the big trailer, I think we can fit at least 10 bikes!

That would be cool!
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanmar Racing
    Hmmmm.... if we take all those tires outta the big trailer, I think we can fit at least 10 bikes!

That would be cool!
    We've put 14 in the R2SL hauler before, so I would think so!

Hmmm indeed.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    I wouldn't book rooms just yet as it's looking more like Homestead/Miami than Topeka/Heartland Park and neither is Daytona. I really think if they are having the annual ROC at either it'll be missing the fanfare that only Daytona has. I would like to see it at IMS. Now that would be worth the trip.

Senior Member Expert
    It's good to see you guys all jacked up on adrenalin though. I just hope that it keeps pumping until Oct. Wyeth, you got any extra so you can jack them back up come fall? Cause if that enthusiasm isn't lacking by then I bet your bank accounts will be :lol:

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    It's good to see you guys all jacked up on adrenalin though. I just hope that it keeps pumping until Oct. Wyeth, you got any extra so you can jack them back up come fall? Cause if that enthusiasm isn't lacking by then I bet your bank accounts will be :lol:
    my bank account already is. :cry:
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    my bank account already is. :cry:
    Haha me too :cry:

Senior Member Amateur
    We would be in for sure!!

Senior Member Expert
    The good news is we're already a quarter done with the 2010 season. If there was ever a year to travel to ROC when it's close by it's this year when we have an 8 race schedule. I want them to go to Topeka!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Member Amateur
    Even if they don't have the ROC there we should still try and make a trip out to race with the CCS on a weekend we don't have a race????

Would really enjoy going to another venue, already been to Miller, Firebird, would like to experience some other tracks around the country!!
    Keith
    MRA #322

Sponsors

Senior Member Expert
    Jon I know you'd do well at this event. I havn't read the rules on the ultralightweight, lightweight, GT lights categories, but those Pierobons are very competitive, I'd expect them to be good in their respective classes.

Not to mention the, ahem, formula 40 classes. 8)
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Jon I know you'd do well at this event. I havn't read the rules on the ultralightweight, lightweight, GT lights categories, but those Pierobons are very competitive, I'd expect them to be good in their respective classes.

Not to mention the, ahem, formula 40 classes. 8)
    Yeah, Jon might do OK there...

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10373

Senior Member Expert
    Wyeth,
    I've been down to the ROC about a half dozen times and have been racing with the CCS for years, actually going five for five on a couple of occasions so far this season, so yes you are correct that the Pierobon does indeed do well in several classes and of course Formula Old Guys one of them! This year though Boulder Motorsports is backing Shane the Tornado Turpin and so they will be winning by a large margin at Topeka. Congrats to them as the record books will show.

Senior Member Expert
    Dang Jon, the season ain't over yet! :lol:

Didn't you win some national CCS titles on the TL? I remember you taking BOT titles back in the day too.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Senior Member Expert
    The TL was very good to me a couple years at the Grand Championships as well as Sound of Thunder, Battle of the Twins F1, Battle of the twins Open as well as Supertwins, I still sometimes miss the hefty beast. I bet it wouldn't take but a couple laps before I could hate it after riding the FO42 this year though

Senior Member Expert
    The TL was very good to me a couple years at the Grand Championships as well as Sound of Thunder, Battle of the Twins F1, Battle of the twins Open as well as Supertwins, I still sometimes miss the hefty beast. I bet it wouldn't take but a couple laps before I could hate it after riding the FO42 this year though
    But what I want to know is how the F042 compares to the Shepherd bike??
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    35 or so less HP 40 lbs lighter. I'm trying to find the time to put it back together after tearing it apart a while back to have various parts powder coated. But me a single father of two eight year olds and a job.......lord only knows if it'll ever happen. I've got an MG with a V6 on the back burner too :cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast