Thread: Corner worker appreciation 2013

Senior Member Expert

Corner worker appreciation 2013

Typically at the last round of the season the MRA hosts a corner worker appreciation event on Sunday after the races. This is one of the coolest things (in my opinion) that we do all season. These people bust their butts for us each and every race weekend for something hovering near minimum wage ( depending on how many of us actually require their services on a given weekend).

I'm sure that ray-ray will have the official announcement up soon, but I want to encourage you to do a couple of things from a member's perspective.

1) Attend the event. I know we are all excited to get home at the end of the weekend, but this is worth staying for. Let these people know how much it means to all of us that they are there.

2) Consider how much racing means to you and find a gift to give accordingly. I know that racing is expensive with entry fees, maintenance, travel and tires. Is it worth 5% or 10% of your typical weekend expenses to let these core people know how much they are appreciated? I put forth that it is.

3). This is a great opportunity to support and give additional exposure to your sponsors. Many of the CW staff are riders. Buy something from one of your sponsors to contribute to the pool. Get a gift certificate to your favorite shop, get a gift that has your sponsor's name on it. You get the point. I can't do this sport without some help from my sponsors and the support of the track crew. What a neat way to say thanks to both!

See you all at PPIR!

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

President Expert
    The announcement is planned for this week.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    I think having the actual event on Sat night would draw much more of an audience than Sun evening.
    Pete Tabor
    MRA #599
    --------------------------
    Fun Center Cycles
    Sol Performance
    Speedin' Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt328
    I think having the actual event on Sat night would draw much more of an audience than Sun evening.
    I agree!!! We will be having it on SATURDAY this year!! As long as you promise to NOT get them to drunk for Sunday!!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    As long as you promise to NOT get them to drunk for Sunday!!
    Ray Ray made a funny! :lol:
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    This is super fun to attend and watch everyone pick their presents! We're going again this year, highly recommend it!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Member Amateur
    Just out of curiosity - what is considered an appropriate / appreciated gift?

I love booze but could see how someone may not.

Thanks

B

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by fosbibr
    Just out of curiosity - what is considered an appropriate / appreciated gift?

I love booze but could see how someone may not.

A picture of myself and Fred Savage from my birthday in 1994 on a t-shirt may not be as appreciated. However, if anyone would like one of these, let me know and I'll get one made for you.

Thanks

B
    Great question, however i am shocked at your ability to post this totally unrelated picture of you with Fred S. to this message board.
    Ex500-retired SuperStreet bike
    EX250R...ex500 had too much power.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sponsors
    My wife

Senior Member Amateur
    Which is Fred?
    Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, Silkolene, Pit Bull, Pilot

Member Amateur
    I dropped the picture of me and Fred.

However, I'm getting Lars said tshirt.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyt328
    I agree!!! We will be having it on SATURDAY this year!! As long as you promise to NOT get them to drunk for Sunday!!
    Not a problem there as I don't drink haha, can already see it though... Bike down... I think in turn 3.... errrr 4 hell I dk I have a killer headache, anyone got some advil! lol... yea let's not lol.
    "We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love."

Damir G

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by fosbibr
    I dropped the picture of me and Fred.

However, I'm getting Lars said tshirt.
    awww, not on my account shocked=impressed, but looking forward to the shirt!
    Ex500-retired SuperStreet bike
    EX250R...ex500 had too much power.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sponsors
    My wife

Senior Member Amateur
    so here's a challenge to other rider's sponsors...optic nerve who has supported me and my family for many years just stepped up huge again and basically doubled their contribution this year to the corner workers with over 25 pairs of sunglasses. these aren't some cheap ass rack shades, but top of the line nerves. it is literally 3 grand+ worth of shades. these guys are just a great company to support, especially because they are a colorado company and owned by the same 2 families for 30+ years. so support these guys if you can, because they come through huge for a lot of colorado athletes and organizations.

so...other rider's sponsors, i challenge you to step up like nerve did and get the corner workers some killer shit! optic nerve is not a big company and if they can give the corner workers that sort of hookup, i'll bet some others can do the same. let's see what you got!

Quote Originally Posted by nobasin
    so here's a challenge to other rider's sponsors...optic nerve who has supported me and my family for many years just stepped up huge again and basically doubled their contribution this year to the corner workers with over 25 pairs of sunglasses. these aren't some cheap ass rack shades, but top of the line nerves. it is literally 3 grand+ worth of shades. these guys are just a great company to support, especially because they are a colorado company and owned by the same 2 families for 30+ years. so support these guys if you can, because they come through huge for a lot of colorado athletes and organizations.

so...other rider's sponsors, i challenge you to step up like nerve did and get the corner workers some killer shit! optic nerve is not a big company and if they can give the corner workers that sort of hookup, i'll bet some others can do the same. let's see what you got!
    This is AWESOME news!! Thank you so much!!!

We will be having Corner Worker/Score Keeper/Medical Crew Appreciation on SATURDAY night this year! In hopes to get more racers to attend after the race day.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports