Thread: super street class

super street class

So how did the first weekend go?

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    10 Students, varied abilities and track experience, couple tipped over - but the class went well and all had good time. Most said they'd be back, two are already ready to move up to a Novice license!

Several signed up "day of" because of weather concerns... so if the forecast was good, the participation probably would have been even better!

So, for a FIRST EVER SuperStreet Class and race - I think it was a great success! I expect the interest and participation to grow throughout the season.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

glenngsxr
    heck, there were even a few who were downright fast. There were a bunch of us in turn one that were pretty blown away. The two that wrecked just made simple mistakes and got greedy on the gas coming out of T1. It's happened to all of us at one time or another. Good stuff indeed Tony!

Glenn #62

This was my first race... and ooohhhmaaan... did I have a good time!

The only thing that killed me was the time. I was posted up at 0930 and didn't get on the track till 1600/4 pm.

I'm not trying to bash anything. The classroom (1230-1330), Tech inspection (1400-????), practice with a trainer (1600-1630), and then 10 minutes of launching practice (which was great wish I had more time on that ops: ) then straight to the race.

Is it safe to come in at 11am and register before 12pm for the SUPER STREET event?

Aahh :P ... you guys are doing a fantastic job! It truly is a great time and is worth the experience!

The other plus to the experience is chatting with other racers/riders and drooling over the rides... =P~

Senior Member Expert
    Here is a video of the start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NYpMQ4qYAQ
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    The reason superstreet runs at the end of the day is simple, with a much lower standard of bike prep the possibilty of a oil spill goes up a bunch and oil clean up can take a lot of time. So running the higher risk bikes at the end of the day allows us time to clean up after the day if nessisary with no interuption of the normal race day.

Senior Member Expert
    Also to touch on what Bart said, this is the first year we have tried a class like this so everything is done by trial and error. We appreciate all the feedback and will adjust to make everyone as happy as possible.

I think you'd be plenty safe showing up around 11am. Just be sure to register before you show up as the raceday office registration would be closed by that time.

Please keep any and all comments coming, either from the Superstreet riders or licensed MRA racers. The class can change, we just need to know the best way of doing that.

Big props to everyone who came out this weekend!
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13

Ugh ](*,) ... I really need to work on that... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13

Here's some cool footage of the 1st SUPERSTREET RACE from one of the racers (Rene) on his stead. This was the 5 laps after the wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0N2u1JVTzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBoPFWlv7Q8