Thread: I've quit my cheating ways

Senior Member Expert

I've quit my cheating ways

After Sundays races it was pointed out that I was a cheater. I not knowing this had mistakenly entered a class which my bike supposedly fit into, afterward I was to said to have cheated. Regardless and in light of this I am withdrawing from MRA competition.
    Thanks to those who have known me, raced with me and believe that I would never cheat. To those who believe that I am unfair and dishonest, I would love to see some degree of proof in your statements. The trophy won in ST GTU will be given back as will the $$ won in ROR GTU as I never actually cashed the check. This I believe is enough to right the wrongs and show that regardless of the unwritten rules that I have supposedly broken that I am man enough to make amends.
    Thanks,
    Jon Glaefke former MRA #94 2008-9 ROR#5

Senior Member Expert
    Jon,

I just tried to give you a call.

I've reviewed your results from this past weekend and every class you entered both you and your bike were legal for. You did NOT cheat and whomever accused you of doing so has their facts wrong.

On a personal note I greatly enjoy having you at the racetrack and hope this incident doesn't dissuade you from joining us for the rest of the season.

From the MRA's perspective there was no protest raised regarding your racing this weekend. While I can't stop you from doing as you please I would strongly encourage you to retain the trophy and the money you rightfully won this past weekend.

Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Jonny this is news to me, nobody came to me with any complaints. I just when back thru the rulebook and as far as I can tell your bike falls into the rules for all of the classes you entered. They make a street bike version of the bike you ride so your good for superbike and ST GTU is a GP class as is ROR so whoever was bitchin is in the wrong.
    Please don't go this route of leaving the MRA because of someone bitchin out of turn, I am quite sure you looked at the rulebook before you got the bike and made sure it fit what you wanted to do. You are to intelligent not to, and you are not the first racer in history to make the best he could of the rulebook. Thats not cheating its just the way racing is, I look at the rules and see what advantage I can have and exploit it if I can as will everyone else who races. Thats not cheating its racing at its best if you ask me.
    We look at and modify the rules every year but once the rules are set for the year thats what they are, it may change next year but they are what they are for now.
    I implore you not to leave us do to the few when there are so many that like to have you and your White Russians around.
    If anyone has a legit rules infraction they need to come forward and protest by the numbers not just sit back and yammer.

Bartman Rules and Tech

Mohammer Time! Expert
    WTF????

Dude, you don't get off that easy 8). I am actually working on the Mighty SV setup seeing if I can get a little more mid corner speed out of her so you don't kill me on the exits.

I know I am biased, but I think we had one of the best battles of the weekend and I look forward to seven more (maybe more including Miller).

WTF???

Are you kidding me?? Jon - WHO ever said that is WRONG! Your bike is legal in ALL the classes you rode in. Don't let some low life discourage you from racing with us. That is just CRAZY! You are and will always be part of the MRA!

Ray-Ray
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Yea what 9 fingers said! :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Jon- No one came into the raceday office & protested you!! You deserve the trophy that you won as well as the money you won!. Whoever said that you cheated is WRONG you did NOTHING WRONG. Do not let people discourage you from what is rightfully yours!

You are an awesome racer n always pleasent to be around. I hope that you will decide to stay with the MRA as you have been a long time member & friend to everyone we would be sad if you're not there! Besides you're JON you don't let anyone stand in your way!

Just my .03 cents!
    Hope to see you out there!
    JenJen
    Jen Jen "Wollett" Grosse
    MRA Secretary 08'-Current
    720-885-5349
    MRAJenJen@gmail.com

Jim 'smooth' Brewer

Re: I've quit my cheating ways

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    After Sundays races it was pointed out that I was a cheater.
    Oh for cryin' out loud. If anyone should know if you're a cheater or not, it would be me. How long have I been trying to beat you? Hmm... I reckon about 13 years now??
    I not knowing this had mistakenly entered a class which my bike supposedly fit into, afterward I was to said to have cheated. Regardless and in light of this I am withdrawing from MRA competition.
    Look, whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. Don't let some dillweed get you all wrapped-around-the-axle for nothing, ok? I *know* your tougher than that. I already lost Dwayne from my StGTO buddies - I'd really feel lonesome if you left, too. Please don't go, ok? Please?

Senior Member Expert
    that sucks man! dont leave!

Senior Member Amateur

Re: I've quit my cheating ways

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    ...unwritten rules...
    We don't need no stinkin' "unwritten rules". This pasttime is regulated by written rules, not unwritten ones. Unwritten rules are for the realm of political correctness, one which motorcycle roadracing misses on pretty much every count.

Please Jon, listen to your board members. (But if you don't, "Dibs on your Sprinter!")

Senior Member Amateur
    Jon, you're a HUGE assest to the club.
    We cannot and will not let you go.
    Please don't quit.
    Plus, Jackie and I really get a kick out of pitting next to you.

Senior Member Expert
    This entire thread is pretty silly.

The bike in question is a two-valve'r air-cooled Ducati motor designed in 1968.

Are the CCs in question here?

Is the frame origin in question here?

What exactly is the complaint as those are the only two items that may apply to a STGTU class. (RORU you can run almost anything under a specific CC/configuration limit.)
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    The bike in question is a two-valve'r air-cooled Ducati motor designed in 1968.
    Sounds like someone is just butt hurt they got beat by that bike, cause in the land of unwritten rules that's probably not supposed to happen or something. However back here in reality, we have written rules that are not ambiguous. If you get beat by a rider on a bike running an engine using 40 year old technology in a class it was legal for and feel that's fundamentally wrong, then sack up and go faster, or voice your opposition in November when rule changes come along again. Neither of these races were spec-class, and people can be fully expected to run whatever they feel will give them the most advantage, right up to the limit of the rules.

That said, I have a hard time believing Jon's serious and not just egging everyone on a bit about quitting. :wink: But who knows.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

If this is an April fool's attempt...your a tad late! ops:
    Don't leave! I know we don't know each other very well, and have only talked a few times, and in pasing... however as you can see the club and it's members respect, and admire you. Don't let someone else make you feel like something you and all of us know you are not.
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Amateur
    Dave G -

That picture is classic: the guy is even cheating out of his punishment by facing away from oncoming traffic. (I thought that 'turn the other cheek' was directed toward the affronted, not the affronting...)

Senior Member Amateur
    I saw him, pine tar on his grips, clearly a cheater....

So if Jon is a cheater wouldn't Shane be too since they are on the same bike? Of course I am sure if Shane didn't have that 200hp Pierobon he wouldn't win anything... :roll:
    #91 Triumph 675
    Thanks to: Motowheels, Woodcraft, Cogent Dynamics, Toyota, and Nikkie

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmodromico
    So if Jon is a cheater wouldn't Shane be too...
    Well, we wouldn't want to bring up the slipper-clutch-in-the-R1 incident now, would we...

Lets keep this on topic.

Senior Member Expert
    Well, we wouldn't want to bring up the slipper-clutch-in-the-R1 incident now, would we...

Lets keep this on topic.

That was innovation, an idea ahead of its time. :roll:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25

Lets keep this on topic.

That was innovation, an idea ahead of its time. :roll:
    Kinda like the monorail!!!

Senior Member Amateur
    Jon, are you sure something wasn't taken out of context? Maybe you should pin point the person so this can be resolved.

I like your bike which is why I stopped in your pit with a tape measure trying to find a way to stuff that motor into a 250 chassis (which it won't fit).

Jeff

Senior Member Expert
    The persons who stated it were big proponents of a middleweight or Thunderbike class as was I Unfortunately, this class wasn't created and I believe that maybe it should have been. Regardless, Shannon and I had a good race but once maybe I've got the bike sorted that mine would and actually should be an overdog, it's for this reason that I think it better that I resign until this is one day cleared up. I have had some great racing using this bike and no one has made any comments, so this is what I intend to do. Best of luck to you all and I will one day return.
    To Jim and all who said they'd miss me, believe me you haven't seen the last of me and one day I'll be back. Best of luck to all my MRA friends and competitors, I'll see you in the future.

Senior Member Expert
    Jon,
    I am beside myself as to what I am hearing from you. As others have stated, you are a great person, and there is no way you are, or have been in the past, "Cheating"..... I really hope that you change your mind, or that we can convince you otherwise to stick around.

I really wish that said person(s) that made this claim to you would speak up on this thread, and state their case.

Stick around Jon... The MRA would not be the same without you. 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

glenngsxr
    OK all, I admit it. It was me. I told Jon that I thought he was a cheater for entering equipment at least twice my age and still able to spank the living daylights out of me on two wheels. I don't think his body should be eligible for any classes and that's why I called him out.

Jon is a cheater, plain and simple, and always has been.

Glenn #62

Senior Member Amateur
    Jon- Please take this with the respect with which it's intended...

Someone basically called you a name in the sandbox, so you're stomping your feet, taking your toys and storming home? C'mon man! While all the details I know are from this thread, your bike is legal, no formal protest was made and someone said something unfair. So what? All the more reason to show up and beat him/them at PPIR. Cheating is only cheating if it's actually cheating. The other dudes' whining is whining no matter how you slice it.

If everyone left at the first sign of MRA drama, FAIR competition, or getting beaten by someone they SWEAR they're faster than, who would be on the grid?

See you at PPIR. I'll be expecting your pass.

(Tough love, man. Tough love. Did it work?)
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Amateur
    I think this is all my fault. I've known Jon for years as he was competing in CRA competition in Minnesota for a while a few years back. He was a great addition to our club and I have always enjoyed knowing and racing him. Old dudes shouldn't be that fast!

So now, at least 5 years after getting to know him, I FINALLY commit to racing an entire MRA series, he sees me in the pits and now is boycotting my presence. I didn't realize I drove you away from the CRA bud, but now I see what is going on!

Hopefully this all gets resolved and we can see you in action for the rest of the season. If not, I need someone to change tires and gas up my bike. Call me and we can square away the details.