Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superstreet riders look here

Senior Member Amateur
    Whats the dead line for signing up for the SS race? Pretty sure I can make it but won't know for a couple more days.

Thanks,
    JP

Senior Member Expert
    As Bart said, you will have time to make use of the warmers for both the practice session, and the race itself.

You can sign up the day of, at the track, but be sure to get there early enough to get the paperwork filled out, unload your bike, and be ready for Tech, prior to the classroom session. The Superstreet bikes will be going thru tech inspection immediately following the classroom session, so there will not be time to unload and prep your bike.
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    You can sign up the day of, at the track, but be sure to get there early enough to get the paperwork filled out, unload your bike, and be ready for Tech, prior to the classroom session. The Superstreet bikes will be going thru tech inspection immediately following the classroom session, so there will not be time to unload and prep your bike.
    I can sign up online also right? (obviously not at the last second). Can I also download any paper work and have it already filled out?

Your grid position is determined by when you registered, so if you want to start up front, register early. If you want to start in the back, wait until the day of. Last year, we couldn't do the additional paperwork prior to arriving at the track so I would assume that is the same this year.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as YOUR money." - an IRS auditor

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks for the info. Just signed up.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675
    Thanks for the info. Just signed up..

+1 here

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675

I can sign up online also right? (obviously not at the last second). Can I also download any paper work and have it already filled out?

Good idea!

Look here

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/file...ation_Form.pdf
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by jgixxer1

+1 here
    Nice man...see ya there
    Dave

Senior Member Amateur
    While practicing launches, do we turn around on the hot pit lane or somewhere, or do we do a full lap while the other riders launch.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by jgixxer1
    While practicing launches, do we turn around on the hot pit lane or somewhere, or do we do a full lap while the other riders launch.
    Unless they are changing something, after the launch you will go around the track at a cool-down lap pace. You typically never go the wrong way on a track, on the track entrance, or the track exit.
    MRA #88

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrdr

Unless they are changing something, after the launch you will go around the track at a cool-down lap pace.
    Since most of us don't have tire warmers, SS riders will actually need to use these laps to get a little heat in the tires.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as YOUR money." - an IRS auditor

2000 Kawaski ZX-12R
    2003 Suzuki SV1000

Member Amateur
    Ahh, Bartman, thanks for the laughs!! I do miss your sense of humor and can't wait to give you some hell this weekend at PPIR.
    Lisa (Kary) Clark
    Former MRA #191 and #911 ("I'll be back!!")
    2009 R-6
    2003 SV-650
    2009 CRF-250X

Senior Member Amateur
    Soooooo, I may or may not be doing Superstreet this Saturday. I'll be out there on Friday for the lapping day. So I was wondering if I could get my bike through tech on Friday (if Moham is still doing tech on Friday) and not have to worry about it on Saturday?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Expert
    Superstreet has its own tech after the classroom session, so relax young one.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    Superstreet has its own tech after the classroom session, so relax young one.
    Must do it meow!! :lol: Thanks Bart.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Junior Member Novice
    I'm registered for the Super Street race this weekend and was wondering if they let the Super Streeters loose during the Saturday morning practices. Unless I overlooked something, the bike will pass regular MRA tech. I know there's some track time with the instructors, but I could use some time dialing in version 2.0 of my bike. Thanks.

Senior Member Expert
    Superstreet riders are not able to participate in the morning practice sessions. That is reserved for licensed racers only.
    Jeff Brown, #277

Senior Member Expert
    I will let somone on the board correct me if I am wrong on anything I am about to state. Otherwise here is what info I have gathered from other posts recently.

Super street riders are not ever allowed to participate in the MRA racer practice sessions.

Superstreet riders can do the previous friday track day to an MRA race weekend with the exception of the very first race of the year which is exclusive to racers with MRA licenses.

So in summary for this weekend coming up, it sounds like the only track time available for you would be with the instructors during the Super Street program.

In future rounds Friday would also be open.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick929
    Soooooo, I may or may not be doing Superstreet this Saturday. I'll be out there on Friday for the lapping day. So I was wondering if I could get my bike through tech on Friday (if Moham is still doing tech on Friday) and not have to worry about it on Saturday?
    Chadwick...... first thing first......you WILL be riding Superstreet on Saturday

Are you planning to ride Friday? Only licensed racers can ride friday's track day.
    Jeff Brown, #277

Junior Member Novice
    Figured that was the case. Thanks guys.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by KFinn
    I will let somone on the board correct me if I am wrong on anything I am about to state. Otherwise here is what info I have gathered from other posts recently.

Super street riders are not ever allowed to participate in the MRA racer practice sessions.

Superstreet riders can do the previous friday track day to an MRA race weekend with the exception of the very first race of the year which is exclusive to racers with MRA licenses.

So in summary for this weekend coming up, it sounds like the only track time available for you would be with the instructors during the Super Street program.

In future rounds Friday would also be open.
    Kevin,

This is correct. The MRA has the option to reserve the Friday trackday as "exclusive" but we only intend to exercise this option at the first round.

The only practice session that will be available for the SuperStreet riders at the first event will be during the designated SuperStreet practice sessions on Saturday.

-Scott
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Junior Member Novice

New to MRA forum

I am tossing the idea of superstreet to "get my feet wet" as it were. I have a ton of questions though, so please pardon the new guy.
    1. What bikes are typically being brought in for SS?
    2. Is the only track time available, after classroom sessions or is there an open time that I could get a better feel for it?
    3. I don't want to use my existing bike (love the blackbird too much) are there pics or video available to see what others are racing?
    4.Is there a limit to how many times a newbie can race SS before required to license or move up?
    I apologize in advance for the seemingly stupid questions, but hope to have enough info in case I can make the June Race.
    Is it a mid-life crisis or am I crazy?

WolFeYeZ

Re: New to MRA forum

Quote Originally Posted by willi1962
    I am tossing the idea of superstreet to "get my feet wet" as it were. I have a ton of questions though, so please pardon the new guy.
    2. Is the only track time available, after classroom sessions or is there an open time that I could get a better feel for it?
    3. I don't want to use my existing bike (love the blackbird too much) are there pics or video available to see what others are racing?
    4.Is there a limit to how many times a newbie can race SS before required to license or move up?
    I apologize in advance for the seemingly stupid questions, but hope to have enough info in case I can make the June Race.
    1. Bike of choice seems to be the r6. Over half the last bikes were r6's. Then some liter bikes.
    2. We normally get like a 20-30 minute session with an instructor when all races are over on Saturday. Then a 5 minute break, then 2-3 laps practicing launches, then the 15 min or so race.
    3. There is an older GSXR race bike for sale on here for $1k. Here are some vids of the last race - Mine: http://youtu.be/Id1bSJAoEEM Others: http://youtu.be/0cc21inh29c
    4. There doesn't seem to be. The only rule like this is that you cannot have had a race licence in the last 3 years.
    5. You will have a blast.

Senior Member Expert

Re: New to MRA forum

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ
    Quote Originally Posted by willi1962
    1. Bike of choice seems to be the r6. Over half the last bikes were r6's. Then some liter bikes.
    Not because the R6's are the best. But because they are plenty available and if you need help the knowledge and spare parts are readily available.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 2 diff R6's I have had but that doesn't = the best.

Oh and if you really want to focus on technique, a 250 is an excellent way to go too. and very affordable for race maintenance.
    Kevin #28

'07 Yamaha R6

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks for the replies on bike type. I've never raced bikes, just canyon straightening on the blackbird and turning left in a dirt track car. The videos are pretty cool, perhaps a little intimidating.
    Then to see a bike or two go down, yikes. I would imagine, just like running up bear creek canyon, the adrenalin pretty much overcomes everything.
    Is it a mid-life crisis or am I crazy?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast