Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superstreet riders look here

Senior Member Expert

Re: Transponders in SUPERSTREET?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandermyk
    Here's something that's been kickin my butt:

Transponders? If available to a rider participating in the Superstreet race, will we be able to review lap times and such? Or actually benefit from using a tranponder in this event?

Never used one of'em transponders before ops:
    The reason we don't use the timing system for the Super Street class is because it runs right through my nap time on Saturday.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by lars
    I am not sure who teched my bike. Forgot half the names of people. I ordered tires and they ought to be here today/tomorrow. Sounds like bring them with me and if tech says "No....bad Lars" then have the new ones mounted?
    You would be well advised to bring new tires out if you have them, that way if I do feel like being a dick you have it handled.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    Quote Originally Posted by lars
    I am not sure who teched my bike. Forgot half the names of people. I ordered tires and they ought to be here today/tomorrow. Sounds like bring them with me and if tech says "No....bad Lars" then have the new ones mounted?
    You would be well advised to bring new tires out if you have them, that way if I do feel like being a dick you have it handled.
    copy, bringing the new ones thanks guys!

Senior Member Amateur

Race 5?

Is there going to be SuperStreet action for race 5? The entry form doesn't include it so I was wondering. My apologies if this is addressed somewhere else.

Senior Member Expert
    No sir, race #5 Saturday afternoon will consist of the 4-hr Endurance Relay race in place of the Superstreet.

Superstreet will be held on every other round except that one...
    Casey D

Member Novice
    can a super street rider race a licensed MRA race bike?

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis
    can a super street rider race a licensed MRA race bike?
    Yes

The winner of the last HPR round for Superstreet was on a current racers R6.
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    For SuperStreet racers considering purchasing a 2010 Novice license, the MRA is pleased to announce "Late to the Grid" Half Season Licenses, now available for only $75. Please let your friends know too and we look forward to seeing you on the grids!

As a reminder, we will not hold a SuperStreet event at round 5, July 31/August 1. Instead the MRA is hosting a 4-Hour Endurance Race and mid-season party! For those SuperStreet guys and gals who have completed 2 events, you're encouraged to purchase your Novice license and join us on the grid for round 5. Everyone is invited out for the party after the races on Saturday, bring your friends and family it's going to be a great time! SuperStreet returns to High Plains Raceway for round 6, August 28/29.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Junior Member Novice
    I Work on the 28th from 9 till 1, is there going be a super street on the 29th? if so what time would i have to show up?

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by shocker1
    I Work on the 28th from 9 till 1, is there going be a super street on the 29th? if so what time would i have to show up?
    Next Superstreet class is Saturday Aug 28th. We ask all Superstreet riders to be at the track around 11am.
    Casey D

Junior Member Novice
    man it sounds like i need to get a new job lol anyone hiring?

Ever consider working a corner?

Get on the MRA Corner worker team, get paid to watch everyones lines through a corner and use the money to pay for Super Street then pass those guys in that corner with your new found knowlage.
    Randall "Snowman" Turner
    MRA No.427 - Honda CBR600rr Fireblade

Junior Member Novice
    I would love to do that but i work six days a week so i would only be able to do it on sundays which is why superstreet is not a option for me atleast untill i find a new job lol

Did I hear right that there were 25 Super Street Racers last round?
    Randall "Snowman" Turner
    MRA No.427 - Honda CBR600rr Fireblade

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Did I hear right that there were 25 Super Street Racers last round?
    I think the final count was 22, the grid was huge! I'll post up pics later, that race was awesome.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

Senior Member Amateur
    I've got almost 300 pics from the SuperStreet race uploaded here:

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...6/SuperStreet/

They seem to be sorted in reverse order, but my wife caught a sequence of the runoff in turn 1 about 3/4 of the way down the page.
    MRA #88

Senior Member Expert
    Thank you for staying late and taking all the pictures. Not only are they awesome, they are really helpful. Please keep taking more!

Senior Member Expert
    For anyone who's been wondering about what happens during the SuperStreet day, here are pics from last weekend's event. I'm very impressed with how well this program is going! Any racers with friends who might be interested in doing this program please tell them about it. It's only $100, the rider rides their track day-prepped street bike, and after 2 SuperStreet events the rider may petition for a Novice license. Or they can just have fun racing SuperStreet and stop there.

Please tell the people you know about this great program we have in the MRA. It's a fun way to give racing a try or get certified as a full novice racer.

1) SuperStreet begins with a classroom session. Here MRA New Rider Director and Yamaha Champions Riding School Instructor Mark Schellinger teaches the class.

2) Second session is on track with instructors. Here the instructors and SuperStreet racers gather.

3) Instructors prepare their students for the on track session.

4) Instructors lead small groups around the track.

5) Instructors pull riders into hot pit lane for comments.

6) Next session is the launching and starting drills. Riders are lined up in 2 rows to practice starting against each other, instructors demonstrate the first start.

7) MRA Starter Bob Heaton demonstrates the starting light and procedure with instructors.

8 ) Instruction on launching.

9) Starter Bob Heaton demonstrates a race start for each pair. Each racer will get 3-4 practice starts.

10) End of the day and the SuperStreet race is here. Instructors have set the grid and the starter now signals that the race is about to begin.

11) ...and the grid is away!
    #145 Wyeth Jackson

Member Novice

Thanks!!

I want to thank the MRA and all of the volunteers, coordinators, corner workers who put this last race weekend on. I ran in the Super Street class for the first time, and will definately do it again. If all goes well, that will happen at Pueblo.

To anybody who is thinking of doing it, they definately should!
    See you out there!

Senior Member Amateur
    ..and you were definately modest..you won. What a class act..nice job dude..next time I want to be there. Peace.
    thats two hundred forty Dollahs, worth ah Puddin!!
    MRA #164 - Kawasaki 6r
    Colorado Powersports Sales team
    http://4horsemenracing.net/2007/images/CoPowLogo.jpg
    Wired Energy Drinks

Senior Member Amateur
    Super Street pictures are up from Aug. 28th.

http://www.rockymtnphotos.com/MRA%20...t%20082810.htm

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Browning
    RMP Photos

Junior Member Novice

super street class

is the steering damper require for this class?
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Senior Member Amateur

Re: super street class

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey
    is the steering damper require for this class?
    No, but it's always a good idea to have one, especially racing.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Senior Member Amateur
    Is it a waste of time to bring warmers for Super Street? From the looks of it, you get there at 11, throw the warmers on if you brought them, go to class room session, do some laps with instructer, do some practice starts, then race. By then the tires would have cooled off.

Do you a get a warm-up lap immediately before you grid? Do you get an open practice session? I've never been to HPR or done a Super Street race but wanting to get a couple under my belt and hope to have a race license by Pueblo round and 2nd PPIR round.

Senior Member Expert
    You will have time to make decent use of the warmers so yea bring them if you have them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast